BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Photos and Videos
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Photos and Videos Place to post and discuss BMW and other automotive videos and photos.

Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 07:46:45 PM   #1
M3-Addict
Banned

Unhappy [NWS] Motorcycle Accident @ 120MPH - GRAPHICS

Normally I don't make threads about these things, but I know there are some of you that own bikes so let lesson be learned from this. This guy is wearing full gear too, Helmet, jacket, gloves, jeans, shoes that cover his ankle. Probably everything that's been said in the ""BOOK"". So don't let those things fool you and say well I'll be safe. Sometimes you won't just be dragged on the road. You'll be flying toward an object. May he rest in piece and family take it easy.

Quote:
Tulsa - A Broken Arrow man was killed early Tuesday morning after a motorcycle accident on Highway 169 near 81st Street.

Witnesses say the cyclist was going faster than 100 miles per hour when he crashed into the back of a semi truck between 81st and 91st Street at about one o'clock Tuesday morning.

Investigators say evidence shows the cyclist was going about 120 miles per hour at the time of the impact. It took the truck driver more than a quarter of a mile to come to a stop. When he did, he stepped out of his rig and found the motorcyclist dead at the back of the truck.

"The truck driver was not hurt," says Captain Matt Kirkland. "He said that the impact was so strong that he thought he was hit from behind by another truck."

Officers said there was no indication that drugs or alcohol played a factor in the accident.

Jump to top M3-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 08:04:46 PM   #2
1m32envy

In the garage:

Hong Kong

D@mn, I'm glad I just sold my bike last week. After seeing those pics I don't think I ever buy one again.
Jump to top 1m32envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 08:11:40 PM   #3
JohnA
Greenhill Zone Act 1

United States

jesus christ
Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 08:34:10 PM   #4
EmBa
Entwicklung

Damn....

2003 Topazblue ///M3 SMG - The Ultimate Driving Machine - SOLD
Eisenmann Race Exhaust
SE Drop In Filter

Jump to top EmBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 08:56:38 PM   #5
leletyM3
640rwhp

Italy

OMG .. I guess I don't want a bike anymore! this thing is soo scary!

08 BMW ///M5 6MT - Sapphire Black/Gray

HPF Stg2 Turbo Kit 640rwhp, HPF Stg2 Feramic Clutch, HPF Carbon Fiber Stg3-4 Intake,HPF Catch Can, HPF Carbon Fiber Air Duct, HPF Methanol Switch, HPF Under Brace, HPF Subframe Kit, Custom AEM UEGO and AEM Boost Gauge in the OEM Mirror, Okada Plasma Coils, Eisenmann Race 83x4, Bilstein PSS9, Volk TE37 Time Attack, Toyo 275/30/19 & 245/35/19, Brembo BBK 380mm 6 pots & 345mm, Hardwired V1, 6K HID bulbs, 6K HID Fog Lights, 6K Umnitza Orion V2, Depo Smoked Corners, Solaris Bulbs, Full LEDs interiors,Umnitza LED licence plate lights, 30% Tint All Around, V-CSL V2Front Bumper with Race Lip, OEM CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser, ///M3 Monochrome, Flat Black Kidneys & Side Grills, Carbon Fiber BMW Emblems, Powerflex RTABs, Dension Ipod ICE>Link Plus, AudioControl unit, Phoenix Gold 600Ti, JL Audio 12W6v2

Jump to top leletyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 09:12:18 PM   #6
xPhantom

In the garage:

United States

wow.. this is way too scary...
good thing i've never wanted a bike...
and this is exactly why.

may he rest in peace.
Jump to top xPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 09:15:36 PM   #7
Dave_6

Unfortunately, thats what happens a lot of times when someone is doing something on the street that they shoudn't be. Obey speed limits and ride carefully and you can stay perfectly safe.

May he RIP
Jump to top Dave_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 09:41:06 PM   #8
Bisan

thats insane
Jump to top Bisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 10:28:40 PM   #9
quiksilver m3
"Float like a Cadillac, sting like a B'MER"

United States

I am an AVID speed bike rider, AND I work in the ER where I am constantly saving people from stupidity (be it from their actions or others)

I can say with honsety that myself and another Doc I work with would go riding alot and would open up our bikes for the thrill, BUT this would be in areas without traffic or that are reasonable for what we are doing. When riding you have to respect the bike, respect your ability to ride it, and respect the idiots you are on the road with because as smart as you think they will be, they wont.

This person, though fully leathered up and having body armor on, was stupid enough to ride at this speed at night when vision decreases and so do your ability to react. Also, it looks like he was surprised since it looks like he didnt try to put the bike down, but went straight into the truck, which isnt something anyone who knows how to ride would do. Possibly he was over riding this bike (well most likely as evident). So this is a prime example of rider stupidity.

Now it is possible that the truck pulled out in front of this rider (ignore the fact that he was travelling at such an excess of speed), which sadly I can say is an occurance that happens often. I see people pull out in front of me constantly and this is as I am obeying every posted rule, limit and then some. People see the bike with lights on (even during the day) and some how become stupid to the fact that even though it isnt a car, it IS a vehicle and pull right out in front of it. Plenty of times I am just cruising on the interstate and have had people look over their shoulder right at me on my bike and pull over on top of me. This is an example of others stupidity.

I am surprised in that the bike wasnt in more of a shredded condition with a hit that hard. It looks like the rider didnt suffer much since most likely he broke his neck and made mashed potatoes out of his brain in his head, since there isnt alot of trauma or blood at the scene.

Either way it is scary to see this happen or anything else I work on, but it doesnt totally turn me off to riding.
Given this is a great reason why people who ride need to be thinking 6 steps ahead of everything since they dont know what will happen and have to respect all that can happen
DECEASED : 2005 M3 - TiAg, 6 Spd, All Factory Opts. SSR GT3 wheels w/ Bridgestone RE050A 235/40-18 in front, 285/30-19 in rear. Magnaflow exhaust. SS V2 headers, Polished 4.10 diff, Baleen intake, D/A Race software, Bilstein PSS9s, V-CSL CF Trunk, Euro tray, ZHP Short Shifter, Clif Design 10" Subs in Dual BSW deck mount enclosure w/ Clif Design 1000W amp.

NEW AND IMPROVED : 2004 M3 - Ag Gray, SMG. All Factory Opts. Custom Wide Body. VFE Stage 3 V2 SC. Magnaflow Exhaust. Bilstein PSS9 C/O's. V-CSL All CF trunk, front & rear diffuser, center console, engine cover & GT hood. Iforged Essen 19x8 (Falken FK-452 235/35) in front & 19x12 (Nitto NT05 335/30) in rear. Sparco seats. Pioneer AVIC Z1 head unit w/ full custom stereo. Rotora 6 puck front & 4 puck rear brakes w/ cross drilled rotors. Strass CF rear window wing. CF gills and grills. AC Schnitzer hand brake & front strut tower brace. And more.......
Jump to top quiksilver m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-30-2007, 10:41:32 PM   #10
M3 Maniac
Hoya Saxa

Italy

What a horrible way to die.

May he rest in peace. This is the one reason I really don't want a bike.