BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Fri, Jul-08-2011, 01:48:52 AM   #1
urban customs

United States

Default UrbanCustoms Long Journey to Lucky # 3 M3

I have been a car enthusiast all my life and I would like to take you through the long and wonderful journey of cars that I have owned. I will post 1 pic of each car to begin with and then go into detail on each car I owned. So think of the beginning as a table of contents. This will be in order based on the time that I owned the car.

1995 Toyota Supra Widebody Turbo (post #2)

2003 BMW 325 I SilverGray/Black Auto (post #3)

2003 BMW M3 Imola/Imola SMG (post #4)

2007 Solar Orange/Black 6 Spd 350Z (post #5)

2003 BMW M3 Vert Imola/Imola 6 Spd (post #6)

2008 Nissan Nismo 350Z Nogaro Red/Red 6 Spd (post #7)

2008 Nissan 350Z Nogaro Red/Black 6 Spd (post #8)

2004 BMW M3 Vert Alpine White/Cinnamon SMG (post #9)

So in the next posts I will do the break down of each car, doing this as we speak. It will take me a couple hours. I will be refining it as I go, car by car

///04 Alpine White/Cinnamon SMG Vert///
My Journal

Last edited by urban customs; Fri, Jul-08-2011 at 03:00:57 AM.
Jump to top urban customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Jul-08-2011, 01:49:14 AM   #2
urban customs

United States

Default Re: UrbanCustoms Long Journey to Lucky # 3 M3

The Supra has had the most time and money put into it of all my cars. It took 4 years to build and was appraised for 71k after it was complete. It remained stock for a couple months when I first bought it but then went through a complete transformation for the next 3 years to become a show car. I bought it as a bone stock non turbo supra with 57013 miles. It was Renassaince Red/Tan Interior. I had roughly 8 sponsors all working with me to build the car.

Here is how it started

Here is after the body work

Then I did a single turbo conversion to the nonturbo motor but it didn't look cosmetically pleasing even after I had the turbo polished

I debated putting in a V8 Lexus motor which I was going to build a custom turbo kit but too much hassel

Ended up doing the best thing for the long run which was doing a JDM twin turbo motor swap

Had the engine bay painted with new clutch electric fans. Had everything polished on the engine. Changed many of the engine parts to new oem toyota. Exhaust, intercooler, roll cage, etc

Almost done

Going to Sound Performance for some work after

Had a ton lot more done. Full Interior, gauges, suspension, brakes. Ill find pics and post.

Last edited by urban customs; Fri, Jul-08-2011 at 02:35:43 AM.
Old Fri, Jul-08-2011, 01:49:42 AM   #3
urban customs

United States

2003 325I was simple. It only had 18 inch oem M3 wheels and front plate delete. No explanation necessary. It was a lease and was my daily driver while I had my Supra

Last edited by urban customs; Fri, Jul-08-2011 at 02:28:54 AM.
Old Fri, Jul-08-2011, 01:50:29 AM   #4
urban customs

United States

2003 M3 Imola/Imola SMG Fully Loaded

This car I bought before the E92/93 M3's came out. Out of the 3 M3's I've owned surprisingly this was the most expensive but was in the worst condition. It turned out to be a lemon due to electronic issues. I had SMG electronic failure twice. I spent 38k which is surprising because the current M3 I own now only cost 22k and is in far better condition with tripple the miles! I guess it really depends how well the previous owner(s) take care of the car.

But nonetheless, it was still a very fun car to have. Other than the issues, I loved it.

Started out as a very clean stock car with 33k miles

Then the modding began

Last edited by urban customs; Fri, Jul-08-2011 at 02:42:19 AM.
Old Fri, Jul-08-2011, 02:25:35 AM   #5
urban customs

United States

Since the M3 gave me so many problems I decided to go back to something similar to the Supra but more reasonably priced and brand new.

I got myself a 2007 350Z in a rare color called Solar Orange. At the time their were only a handful of Z's available in the whole country in this color. I was lucky to find one a couple states away.

I was planning on turning this car into somewhat of a track car. Then I got sick of it because it felt so poorly made (mostly the interior and transmission).The car got egged really bad by some punk kids and it was over 1k to fix the paint and I felt the car was bad luck right off the bat so I sold it to some guy in Canada.

Spoiler never officially got mounted because I decided to sell right when I recieved it in the mail.

Sold it with such low miles

Last edited by urban customs; Fri, Jul-08-2011 at 02:49:46 AM.
Old Fri, Jul-08-2011, 02:31:36 AM   #6
urban customs

United States

After my Japanese phase died down I decided to go back to something a little more suttle and classy, yet sporty.

2003 Imola/Imola 6 speed fully loaded M3

This car I bought from Orlando Florida with 74k miles. Cost me 26k

The day it came. Already had mods ready

Needed a drop asap

I hated the eyelids so I went for a more clean oem look.

Then I did some crazy wheel scheme

Inverse Colors

Last edited by urban customs; Fri, Jul-08-2011 at 02:56:16 AM.
Old Fri, Jul-08-2011, 02:32:20 AM   #7
urban customs

United States

I really always loved the Nismo 350Z so I finally bought one after I sold my M3 Vert

I don't have many pictures of this car since I didn't own it for long or mod it. The reason I didnt keep it is that I didnt feel it was worth 39k. That's how much I paid for it but i knew the value would drop right away and be worth 20k after a year. And I was right.... The dealer wound't let me return the car flat out. They said only option was to trade for the base 350Z. I figured it would be much easier to sell a base Z for 20ish k than a Nismo for 40k so I took the offer.

If I could I would buy a used one now for track. I love the Nismo edition.

Last edited by urban customs; Fri, Jul-08-2011 at 03:02:31 AM.
Old Fri, Jul-08-2011, 02:32:46 AM   #8
urban customs

United States

2008 350Z Base

The offer to trade my Nismo led me to this car. Owned it for 2 weeks. Hated it. My mom wanted it but couldn't drive stick. Sold it on ebay to some old man who loved it. Gave it to him cheap. Lost 4k for no reason. At least the old man was happy.

Last edited by urban customs; Fri, Jul-08-2011 at 03:03:37 AM.
Old Fri, Jul-08-2011, 02:34:33 AM   #9
urban customs

United States

And here we go. Must be a sign. My third M3. Am I sick of them yet????

This one I picked up for 22k with 90k miles. I love this car the most. It is extremely reliable and has given me no major problems. Although I have dumped 12k into this car within 1 year of owning it. This includes maintenance + mods. I guess it might be been a better idea to just spend 30k on a cleaner lower mileage car but I never thought of that when I bought it. I really wanted either Laguna Seca blue or Alpine white/Cinnamon. AS soon as I found this one I bought it right away from R Motorsports in California.

Car started out a bit odd looking like this.. Ugly Chrome M6 wheels with a navy blue top and ugly have mounted csl splitters. As much as I hated those mods I loved the full carbon fiber interior and upgraded brakes as well as smg extended paddles. Also came with blacked out grills/gills. I rleally wanted 6 speed with navi but I found it in smg w/ no navi. I knew it wouldnt be easy to find another white/cin vert so i just jumped on the deal.

So I tried to go for the 911 GT3RS theme with lime green + a drop.

However top up looks nasty and does not match

Had to swap to black asap

Tried the acs diffuser but didnt like it after 2 days (most of you said this would happen)

with black

With white and new top speed exhaust. Ended up selling diffuser and exhaust because was too loud all the time. Sounded great though

Had a bunch of stuff wrapped in carbon fiber custom by a friend

Stiched the boot and handbrake boot cinnamon

Bought a hardtop and hood both in LSB Color

Ended up selling the hood because I didnt want to invest the time repairing the cracks

Bought a VCSL Bumper with 1 piece lip

Overhauled the whole engine (cooling system, belts, pulleys, valve adjustment, control arms, every bushing possible, etc) Also added resonators to remove rasp

Added ST Coilovers and spacers

My girlfriend and I painted my wheels white to go with the new suspension and new tires

Current look

Added CSL diffuser and new titanium tips from E92 M3. The tips stick out too far after welding them on. They will be shortened soon

Current Setup:

Last edited by urban customs; Thu, Aug-11-2011 at 05:56:53 AM.
Old Fri, Jul-29-2011, 07:59:18 PM   #10
bgale
E46 M3 Addict

In the garage:

United States

WOW amazing cars man, I don't really like the Supra or the Nissan just my opinion in general, I am in love with the E46 M3 tho. And you got it 3 times haha. Very nice work you have done on all your cars especially your current M3. I am inspired by the design and power the E46 M3 has to offer. I have yet to drive one, I am getting my E46 M3 in a month or so I hope. I will do major mods, well at least that's my plans hah! You have inspired me with your pictures as well man. Good job! BTW I live in Illinois as well, Chicago
Jump to top bgale is offline   Reply With Quote