View Single Post
Old Thu, Jul-07-2016, 01:27:35 AM   #29
Kirbius

In the garage:

Australia

Default Re: OEM Plus Eurospec M3 Build

[quote=_JohnnyD_;1067451427]All of this debate is great but I'm with MParallel and sticking to the original BMW specs. BMW engineers have to factor in engine temps at all outside conditions (including very cold), electrical loads of the fan and the fan duty cycles and durability. The fan switch works fine so I won't replace it.

I might change the coolant temp sensor but I don't think it will make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbius View Post
Remember to get the two 38x2.5 orings (i think, double check that)]

You are right about 38x2.5 orings BUT I think they are discontinued. I could only find 38x3.0 orings used on the E46 S54.

I plan on doing the valves, vanos, and timing chain tensioner in the winter.

Regarding the vacuum hoses. Are they a standard size? Can I buy a few feet of silicon hose and replace it all? Or do I need to buy the BMW stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it was just food for thought re the sensor.

You can get the orings from any decent hydraulic shop - they are quite a tight fit and 3mm *might* make it difficult to get it back together, but try it anyway.

Get the updated design tensioner (yours is probably the old style) and unfortunately you'll have to get OE hoses as they are shaped; (assuming not changed previously) definitely the oil/air seperator hoses as the airbox one will be all soft and shitty and engine side is probably cracked open, and the drain is more than likely blocked. Grab some 1/4" standard vac hose for the SAP control gear, esp for #6 TB. Its not terribly expensive to get it back up to speed, so don't freak out

Honestly if you want a load of example photos and/or a parts list, PM and i can send via email/fb or whatevers easiest

1996 Evo S50B32 - Boston Green on Modena - Slicktop - Al doors - PDC - JBR 5kg F/W - Clutchmasters FX400 - Mason SS Clutch pedal - UUC Evo3 SSK w/DSSR - PWR radiator - DrVanos o/haul - Full AKG 75D bushing & mount set - AP delete - Fan delete - X-brace - BC Racing C/Os 8k/10k - Whiteline 27mm ARB - ARC8 17x8.5 - Nitto NT01 - APEX 75mm stud - Walbro GSS342 - Schroth Harness - TMS rear control arms - Hawk HP+ pads - GT splitter - GT 4pc wing - Momo Monte Carlo - Racechrono TS - RaceDAC - RR Strut Brace - Proflow PS res + AN lines - VDO gaugeset - E46 330 rack - VAC oil pump upgrade - ARP conrod bolts - Magnaflow spun cats - MAC Motoren Airbox - AlphaN - ATI/VAC HB - 3.91 210 -
Jump to top Kirbius is offline   Reply With Quote