View Single Post
Old Wed, Feb-28-2007, 02:29:38 AM   #2
lax01

United States

Next, the removal of the coil pack and coil pack connection:

The top portion of the coil pack rotates up and allows you to unplug the coil pack connection from the actual coil pack. Un-plug the coil-pack and then simply use the top of the coil pack to expose the spark plug

Once you have removed the coil-pack, use the 3/8 drive wrench, the 3/8 drive extension(s) and the 5/8 spark-plug socket to remove the sparkplug:

The spark-plug is typically tight and takes a little bit of force to get moving. Put a little bit of leverage on it but do not strip the actual spark plug (bad). If you happen to strip the spark plug, take a sip of beer, re-assemble and take your car to a local mechanic

Finally locate your new spark plug. I use high-temp anti-seize on the threads to make sure I can safely remove them later.

Hand-screw the new spark-plug back in and then hand-tighten with your 3/8 ratchet

Finally torque to 22 ft/lbs with your torque wrench

Carefully re-seat the coil-pack on the spark-plug and then reconnect the cable:

Make sure the coil-pack is seated fully on the spark-plug

Repeat for the other 5 spark plugs

Complete the job by re-installing the plastic engine-cover and micro-filter holder in reverse order of above.

NOTE:

I noticed some oil in the spark-plug canal of the cylinder closest to the oil-fill cap (probably from spilling oil while filling).

I simply used a paper towel and long screw-driver to clean the walls before replacing the spark-plug.

After 58K miles, here are my spark plugs

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

-Josh (jbrozen (at) gmail.com)
2012 Ducati Streetfigher 848 - sold

Last edited by lax01; Wed, Feb-28-2007 at 02:39:14 AM.
Jump to top lax01 is offline   Reply With Quote