View Single Post
Old Tue, Mar-07-2017, 05:11:57 PM   #1
jhamer123

United States

Question E36 M3 as first car??

This is my first post but I've been browsing the forum nonstop for the past 3-4 days.

I've been in love with the e36 M3 for a while. I've recently been looking into buying a late 90's, specifically 97 and 99, and would love some advice on whether or not I should. I'm 16 with a steady job even through the school year, making 250-300 easy in a weekend. Also during the summer, I will make 6-7,000 comfortably. I've found a '97 M3 with 125,000 miles. It recently got a new clutch, flywheel, BC coil overs, new spark plugs, valve cover, new brakes rotors all around, new lower control arms, new in tire rod, new subframe bushing and more. The ask is $7,500. Based on what I know that seems reasonable. There is no other car I'd like to drive more than an M3.

Many people have told me that buying an M3 is just setting me up for spending thousands on repairs and possibly ruining me financially. I am a very responsible driver and wouldn't be an idiot on the road. I may occasionally track it with my father. Mostly to deal with the want to race on the roads.

Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

-James
Jump to top jhamer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads