Are you the Buyer or Seller?: Buyer
Model Year: 2005
Mileage: 39000
Coupe or Convertible?: Vert
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: cinnamon
Manual or SMG?: manual
Major Options: none that I know of
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): No, except the standard 90 day or whatever
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor): I say excellent, no paint work, I saw no dents, no scratches that can't be buffed out. The seats I guess are a bit worn, but I think that's an issue with the cinnamon than signs of abuse. passenger door has a small what appears to be a cigarette burn. That's all I noticed.
Any unusual items that affected value?: Not really, except in my research the Inspection 1 was not completed, they have promised to complete this service at no cost to me.
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction): other dealership
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: local place, saw it on autotrader, but some family connections.

Sale Location (City, State): near Albany, NY
Sale Date (Month, Year): 3/10
Seller Asking Price: $ 28300
Final Sales Price: $ 28000 or so
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, NADA, Galves, etc.): $ 29000 or so depending on the site.
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, etc.): Not long, wasn't really in the market. Just looked in my free time, if I found something, then I'd consider. I recently purchased an '08 A4 that I love, but kind of wanted something a bit more "spirited". So it was between the M3 and S4. Wanted to try BMW for a bit and see how I Like them. I didn't really negotiate, they threw numbers out, I thought they were fair(as I was trading in a car). The only negotiation I did was the inspection 1. I simply said, I'm in for the car, the financing is done, but I'm walking away if the service is not done. No way am I spending that much money to turn around and spend 1100 on a service that should have been completed. Especially with free maintenance.
Jump to top ianmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads