View Single Post
Old Wed, Aug-10-2016, 07:29:58 PM   #19
AK_Topwise

In the garage:

Canada

Default Re: Best Daily Driver Suspension?

I wish 5 years ago I would have researched suspension options much further before settling on ST coilovers. After install I thought the car performed better adn assumed the harshness was because it was handling so much flatter and was now much "sportier". Little did I know the damers were just crap and pporly matched to the springs. After a couple years I was sick of feeling like I was riding in some sh*t box and wanted my car to feel like a BMW M car again, sold the ST coils for less than half what i paid for them, did a TON of research and based on my budget decided on Koni ane Eibach springs. Car rides better than stock and no more harshness.

I used to stick up for the ST coils thinking they were getting a bad rep on the forum but the people who knock them or warn people off of them on here are the people who have had them or drove in cars with them compared to other setups. The people who think they are amazing are the guys who have nothing to compare to. Who's opinion would you roll with?

I think the comment above about "assuming not much" research has been done is likely because there are tons of threads going over this topic on this forum (ie. budget coils vs. koni/springs)
TiAg 2005 E46 ///M3 18" VMR VB3 / Macht Schnell Stage 1 Intake Kit / Status Gruppe Tuning Headers, Section 1 & Titanium Tip Muffler / Evolve-R Tune / Koni yellows / Eibach Pro-Kit / Rogue Engineering RTAB's + RSM's / AutoSolutions 30% SSK / ICONZ CSL Style CF Front Lip (painted matte black) / ICONZ CSL Style CF Rear Diffuser / Matte black grills & gills / Matte black roundels & emblems / Tinted taillights / Smoked corners & reflectors / Tinted windows
Jump to top AK_Topwise is offline   Reply With Quote