View Single Post
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 04:31:09 PM   #87
egebhardt

United States

Default Re: The Byzanz Sedan That Needs Some Love

Weekend Update with Kevin Nealon
I'm on-call for work so I didn't plan to get much done this weekend but I did make some progress.

First, William in San Jose on CList was selling an X-brace and other parts. I got a deal on the brace and front bumper shock and center vent Friday night. The next morning, I cleaned about a pound of oil off the brace and mounted it. It cleaned up well.

Saturday was leather time. Mostly needle-work and re-assembly of the passenger seat. I've got my 'service seat' bases in for now in case I go for an alignment. Original Magma leather has proved to be difficult to find and I really only need the rear seats but I'm still looking.

I was blessed with the presence of MMMGP and haus on Sunday morning. They did the troubleshooting on my door-lock situation. It turns out the new front passenger door lock actuator was faulty from the start. Ebay Bastards. I ordered an OEM VDO from RM European this morning. The VDO is 3x the cost but it would have saved a lot of time.

Then we reviewed my front bumper and trim and paint and other aesthetic stuff. It looks better after a handful of fixes. See comparison.
1 - new driver shock for proper alignment
2 - Sport lip install
3 - mesh grill install
4 - new Roundel
5 - touch-up paint on top of bumper
6 - new passenger brake duct
7 - new porkchop in the mail (not visible)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Xbrace.JPG (221.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg passenger seat.JPG (274.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg comparison.jpg (261.4 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by egebhardt; Mon, May-22-2017 at 07:43:54 PM.
Jump to top egebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote