View Single Post
Old Mon, Nov-05-2018, 04:09:17 AM   #347
Dee514

Tibet

Default Re: CSL OE Bumper Carbon Fiber bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerchop View Post
I’ve been meaning to post on here for awhile now about how happy I am with my purchase of the JCSL race lip for my Vorsteiner bumper. First off, HUGE thanks to Derek! Seriously, from start to finish he has been awesome. Not only for helping to bring more quality products on the market for our platform, but for the outstanding customer service and communication throughout the whole process. He went above and beyond in ensuring that everything went smoothly and I was totally satisfied with my product. Him and JC, good people without a doubt.

The lip itself arrived earlier than expected which was a plus… and this thing was well packaged! Never received an item so well protected before. As for the quality, this is definitely top notch stuff. JC really did and amazing job with the lip. The 1x1 weave looks beautiful, great polish on the resin, and fitment was pretty good from the start as well. As other AW owners know, you can’t hide any misaligned body panels, bumpers, gaps, etc… It stands out way too much, at least to me. So I tried trimming the lip a little bit via sanding to get it to fit a bit tighter to the bumper.

Having said that, keep a couple things in mind. One: This lip was being mounted on a BNIB Vorsteiner V2 CSL front bumper that has never been installed or painted, so the bumper itself could have some manufacturing discrepancies. Two and most important: The lip itself was never actually secured to the bumper. No drilling, no clamping, no tape, absolutely nothing. Any of these things would have given the lip a much tighter fit to the bumper. This was just me, probably being a bit anal trying to achieve near perfect fitment from a simple mock up. Partly because I wasn’t sure at the time whether I wanted to keep my VCSL bumper or sell it lol. Anyway, needless to say, fitments pretty damn good.

During that time, Derek and I were also in constant contact about me tackling this along with JC’s recommendations on how to go about it. Again, great service here from both these guys. They really wanted to make sure I was 100% satisfied with my lip, and I couldn’t be happier. To anyone considering the lip, splitters/flippers, diffuser, whatever… from Derek/JC, you won’t be disappointed.

The bumper and lip are currently stored away, but I did manage to snap some quick pictures when I first received the lip. Remember, the lip is mocked up and not secured to the bumper. Definitely a thing of beauty, enjoy the eye candy…

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see it installed on your car....and if you ever sell the bumper, I'm sure a bunch of the members would fight in the octagon for it.