Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 09:22:44 PM   #18
Brian N
wubalubadubdub

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Vehicle Coatings Opticoat, Gyeon, C Quarts Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearl555 View Post
I just read the lifetime warranty terms/policy.

Warranty doesn't seem to go far on paper. Apparently it only covers "environmental induced contaminants such as; bird droppings, tar, tree sap, bug impacts and oxidation. "

And even at that you have to meet their "annual service requirements" and pass their annual inspections.

I guess if you know the place doing the work well enough they'll take care of you. I was most interested in being protected from swirl marks and such. But that's not covered in this policy.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/9db0a9_3d04...52e6f20a65.pdf
Yeah there is no such thing as a lifetime coating. Also don't believe all the 9H swirl prevention stuff. Both of those are marketing tactics used by companies. Do more digging on the professional detailing forums.

No matter the coating you will eventually reapply and or have to repolish the car. Just a matter of how many swirls or etching marks you can handle before doing so. Once you polish or compound you must also recoat the car. The best thing you can do for your car for swirl prevention is a meticulous wash and dry technique.

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote