View Single Post
Old Fri, Dec-21-2007, 03:28:20 PM   #27
Need4Spd

In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Need4Spd has a reputation beyond reputeNeed4Spd has a reputation beyond reputeNeed4Spd has a reputation beyond reputeNeed4Spd has a reputation beyond reputeNeed4Spd has a reputation beyond reputeNeed4Spd has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for doing this, Ian. Let's keep this on the main board for now so everyone has a chance to see it. I can make it a sticky after some reasonable time (Ian, maybe PM me when you think of it so I don't forget).

Most BMW magazines seem to recommend swapping out water pumps and thermostats at around 60k miles as a preventative measure. IDK if e46 M3s are prone to the same failures or not.

Another thing to think about is the MAFS. They insidiously degrade over time, robbing you of power. This seems less a problem on e46 M3s than e39 M5s but they're the same design. MAFS tend to foul more readily when you run "oiled" filters rather than OEM paper, at least on M5s they do.
Past car: '05 M3 'vert, 6MT, custom 18" RAC RG63 Hyperblack monolites, Continental Extreme DW 245/40 and 275/35, Nav, HK, BT, Euro rotors, Custom Performance Rasp Terminator (2nd Gen.), Silverline DICE iPod adapter, EAS Aurora 60 LED Angel Eyes, "-CDV," "free & easy" camber mod (-1.7 degrees), Koni S/A shocks, Rogue Engineering RSMs and transmission mounts, Bimmerworld silicone intake boot, spacesaver spare from LeatherZ, updated OEM RTABS
'11 Jaguar XFR
Jump to top Need4Spd is offline   Reply With Quote