View Single Post
Old Wed, Apr-11-2018, 07:10:00 PM   #8
mrgizmo04

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Slight vibration after subframe reinforcement

The fact that it only does it from cold and only for a few minutes and then goes away tells me it's not related to bushings/engine or tranny mounts/guibo/csb.

Does the car only do this when driving from cold, or also while simply idling for say 2-5 minutes?

Sounds that once it warms up there is some clearance change and enough pressure/volume of some fluid circulating...

Have you tried letting it start from cold and simply turn steering wheel lock to lock? Revving it a little do anything with car stationary?

I had steering wheel vibration at slow speed when my power steering reservoir was low because one of the banjos was a bit loose and there was a leak. Driving a higher engine speed seemed to smooth it out with pump circulating all the fluid.

Would be helpful to really isolate where this vibration is coming from, like at least front or back of the car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All DIY: 330 ZHP steering rack, diffsonline 4.1 diff with rem polish, E60 short shifter lever, AKG black diff bushings/subframe bushings, Rogue rtab, WPC rod bearings, Beyer driveshaft, full SS (SS stepped V1, catted S1, resonated S2, SS sport), Sachs clutch/flywheel, rear main, VANOS bullet proofing with anti-rattle, valve adjustment, cooling refresh, Ohlins R&T/Swift 448f 672r/GC street tops and camber plates, AFD E85 Proflex kit.

Happy to help with VANOS or any other DIY job around NorCal
Jump to top mrgizmo04 is offline   Reply With Quote