View Single Post
Old Sat, Feb-18-2017, 06:34:39 AM   #10
silvergray545

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Aftermarket front sway bar: worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasieg View Post
I added the Hotchkis sway bar kit, front and rear. I have a TC Kline coil over suspension and GC camber plates and the sway bars did reduce body roll. My car is geared towards track performance and part of the motivation was to lose a few pounds of the front with the hallow sway bar. That being said, it is a nice handling improvement, but it is subtle.

Best way to describe it is that it made the car slightly sharper and it rolls a bit less. Definitely worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much lighter is the Hotchkis front bar? I was looking to get the front bar only. I like how my car feels with my current suspension set up and stock sways. I'm thinking to run a Hotchkis front bar at full soft since it's 11% stiffer than stock at that setting. The weight savings and increased roll resistance makes it seem worth it.
B&B TriFlow Section 3 | AP V2 headers | TMS Power Pulleys | aFe Drop In Dry Filter | Macht Schnell Intake Elbow | TTFS Tune | CSF Radiator & Oil Cooler | AST 4200 Coilovers | Ground Control Race Camber Plates & RSMs | TMS Rear Camber Arms | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Stoptech ST40 Front & Rear BBK | UUC EVO3 SSK with DSSR | ZHP Knob | Orion V4 | Matte Black Kidney/Side Grills | 35% Tint | Apex 75mm Wheel Studs | H&R Trak+ 10mm Spacers | 19" VMR CSL Reps | 245/275 Continental ExtremeContact DW
Track Stuff: Apex ARC-8s 18x10 ET25 | 275/35/18 Nitto NT01s | Schroth Quick Fits | PFC 08s

2000 BMW M Roadster 5MT - TiAg/Black
TCK D/A | Lightwerkz Projector Headlights | LeatherZ Interior Bits | BMW Performance Knob | OEM Square 17x9 Roadstars

2016 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT - AW/SO
Color Matched Front Reflectors | Lightweight Front Lip | M Performance Rear Spoiler | Black 666Ms

Instagram
E46 M3 Build Journal
Jump to top silvergray545 is offline   Reply With Quote