View Single Post
Old Sat, Feb-18-2017, 12:12:15 AM   #1
AK_Topwise

In the garage:

Canada

Default Aftermarket front sway bar: worth it?

Just wondering if any of you guys that have upgraded your front sway bar can chime in and give me some real world/daily driving pros and cons?

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on either a st suspensions or hotchkis front sway bar to compliment my existing koni yellow and h&r springs setup (haven't installed the springs yet currently on the eibach pro-kit but can't stand the rake, the h&r's are the rear height adjustable ones).

What I am looking for out of the sway bar is:
- reduction in body roll (I can really feel the weight transfer in this car from front outside tire to rear inside tire under any regular day to day driving)
- go kart style steering response
- on rails feeling

I have already replaced rtabs/fcabs/steering guibo/rsm's/rear outer ball joints and previously had the car on st coilovers which were stiffer than the koni/eibachs setup but also super harsh and still had body roll.

I feel like my jaguar x-type on bilstein hd's and h&r springs actually corners flatter than my m3. Anyways, what are some of your experiences with adding a bigger front sway and is it worth it for a daily driver that sees one or two track days a year?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TiAg 2005 E46 ///M3 18" VMR VB3 / Macht Schnell Stage 1 Intake Kit / Status Gruppe Tuning Headers, Section 1 & Titanium Tip Muffler / Evolve-R Tune / Koni yellows / Eibach Pro-Kit / Rogue Engineering RTAB's + RSM's / AutoSolutions 30% SSK / ICONZ CSL Style CF Front Lip (painted matte black) / ICONZ CSL Style CF Rear Diffuser / Matte black grills & gills / Matte black roundels & emblems / Tinted taillights / Smoked corners & reflectors / Tinted windows
Jump to top AK_Topwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads