View Single Post
Old Sat, Apr-18-2015, 06:09:46 AM   #1
peter*g

In the garage:

United States

Default Taking a unicorn from ratty to rockstar

I'm a long-time M3 owner, and have owned quite a few over the years. My first was a '95 in Cosmos black that went from my daily to dedicated road racer. I also brought an ex-racer '88 E30 M3 back from the dead and daily drove it for a couple of years. My current fleet includes an E46 M3 GTS Challenge racecar, and an E30 M3 that I saved from the crusher and I'm building up into a gravel rally car. So, when a friend posted that he was looking to sell his technoviolet Dinan supercharged coupe, I jumped on the chance to own an E36 again and get one step closer to a complete set of M3s.

This car is special. Not only is it a rare technoviolet on dove grey, but it was the car Dinan designed the OBDII supercharger kit on and still sports it's original Powerdyne blower. It's a low mileage '96, with full Dinan suspension and power mods. The car was exceptionally well maintained mechanically, but is really rough cosmetically. The window trim is worn and rusting, the paint is faded and peeling on the wing and rear bumper, it's got a bunch of small dents and dings, there's a rust patch by the tail light, and the interior leather is cracked and worn.

My plan for the car is to bring it back to like-new condition over time, add a few more mods, and then use it for club events. I'll use this thread to track and share my progress for those who want to follow along.

Enjoy.

- peter*g

.'02 E46 M3 (GTS roadracer)
.'96 E36 M3 (Dinan S3)
.'90 E30 M3 (rally racer)

Last edited by peter*g; Sat, Apr-18-2015 at 07:37:07 AM.
Jump to top peter*g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads