View Single Post
Old Mon, Mar-27-2006, 04:54:11 PM   #3
cjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Piece'a cake.

1. Remove headrests. Pull up REALLY REALLY hard with the top down. Try not to hit yourself in the chin when you do it. Sometimes they don't want to move - try squirting WD40 down alongside the rods. The seat CAN NOT BE REMOVED until you remove the headrests.

2. Remove seat-cushion - the part the butt goes on. Grab front edge and yank upwards. It will release from some clips. Toss it over the side so you have room.

3. Grab the top edge of the rear-seat-back and pull it directly FORWARDS towards the front of the car. There are two clips - one on each side. Once the clips are free, and the edge is clear of the defroster heater-trim, pull the seat back upwards. It will be released from two tabs in the bottom. Pull out the seatbelts enough to thread it out of them (no need to unbolt the bottom.)

Reinstallation is the reverse.

BTDT - today in fact.. There are two large rubber grommets on the far left and right corners of the trunk that go into the passenger compartment. If you find a piece of stiff tubing, you can push it through the grommet along side the existing wiring - using it as a "snake" - attach the wire you want to go through to the end of the tubing with something like electrical tape and pull the wire through by pulling the tubing through.

Don, you are my freaking hero... Please don't abandon us on the E36 forum now that you're moving up to the E46 world!! Seriously, this kind of help is what the rest of us poor guys need, and can't seem to find very easily anywhere else. Thanks for this post - it's going to come in handy when I do the Leatherique treatment that I learned about from... one of your other posts!!

Thanks again for the help.

Chris
Jump to top cjones is offline   Reply With Quote