Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 12:13:40 PM   #743
KhanArt
CLEAN & SIMPLE

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: KhanArt's Jet Black///Cinnamon 6spd E46 M3 looong term journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakjoe View Post
Same thing I'm thinking with the airbox. What kind of exhaust are you running? I'm completely stock so when I put it on I could hear a huge difference compared to before
I'm running a full exhaust headers to muffler.

Active headers
CPI RTX section one dual resonated
CPI Xtreme section two non resonated
Active gen 6 muffler

Yea I imagine on your stock car it was a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
I think the exhaust is taking a bit away from it. I also think that you'll "learn" how to drive the car a bit differently to invoke the induction noise on command. You'll start to notice where it's loudest in the powerband (4k-5k) and which gears (3rd/4th). It's also loudest (just like the CSL airbox) when under load and full throttle, but not WOT speed-wise. What I mean is it's not that loud if you accelerate as quickly as possible, but if you give it more throttle at lower speeds and more load, it'll get louder.

I was very happy with the Eventuri sound, but yes of course the full airbox is another ball game.
I agree, although I still feel I don't have a loud exhaust system it's loud enough to take a little away from the intake. I also agree that I need to drive the car more and learn the sweet spot. This is not like a Honda when you slap a intake on and hit a certain rpm and hallelujah [emoji38]hit:
Jump to top KhanArt is offline   Reply With Quote