Are you the Buyer or Seller?: Buyer
Model Year: 2005
Mileage: ~24300 miles
Coupe or Convertible?: Coupe
Exterior Color: Interlagos Blue
Interior Color: Black
Manual or SMG?: 6MT
Major Options: Comp Pkg, Sunroof, HK audio, Heated Pwr Seats,
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): Yes; CPO for 2 more years or 50,000 miles.
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor): Excellent
Any unusual items that affected value?: Low miles, Aftermarket wheels
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction): Kuni BMW dealership
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: Internet search

Sale Location (City, State): Beaverton, OR
Sale Date (Month, Year): July 2009
Seller Asking Price: $39k
Final Sales Price: $36k with CPO, 4 new Comp Pkg wheels & 2 new conti tires.
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, NADA, Galves, etc.): NADA & Local Auction validated price at ~$36k w/ CPO at time of purchase.
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, etc.):

Was for sale on lot for ~3 months. Trade in on E90 M3. I discussed vehicle with BMW sales person from another dealer that I have done business with for over 10 years. He was more than willing to help me with negotiation and determine a fair price, plus pull service records and helped me with negotiations on the side.
His dealership did not have any comp pkg 6MT M3s. Records showed two local owners with clean service record. Made sale contigent on CPO. Gained leverage on dealership to replace aftermarket wheels which were only item holding up sale with CPO. Negotiated over several weeks to lower price, have service items performed (oil chg, brake fluid chg, etc...) and throw in CPO with brand new out of the box comp pkg OEM wheels. CPO inspection also required dealer to purchase two new conti OEM tires and fixed several minor issues. Felt I came out with a great deal and a clean vehicle.

If you have a sales person you have worked with you like go to them even though they may not make a sale. I can tell you the next time I am in the market for a new BMW you can bet I will see the salesman that helped me at my usual dealership first. Great service! Plus I refer all my friends to him. He is honest, fair and a great guy to boot!
Jump to top M3ZCPOregon is offline   Reply With Quote