View Single Post
Old Fri, Dec-07-2012, 07:10:08 PM   #303
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Comprehensive MSS54/MSS54HP DME Information

Okay Update:

I tested the WinKFP method above - works fine. So a galletto tool isn't really needed anymore (for writes anyway). That said, it'd be a pain to modify the file with new maps by hand.

I'm not sure the Checksum at the end of the 0DA file is necessary - I suspect disabling the checksum test in WinKFP would make it ignore that.

Anyway, I've been emailing Sal - and I just want to note for the record that he is a stand-up guy. He gave me the location for sport button memory and gave me permission to share it with you guys.

In a hex editor, look for "01 02 1E 14 FF FF 03". Change 03 to 04. Correct checksums. Write. In the Euro tune, that "03" is located at offset 8026. May or may not be the same for other tunes. Obviously would not be the same for non-HP DMEs.

Edit: It was brought to my attention that one of the files HakenTT gave me for testing did indeed have sport memory enabled. I didn't get around to testing (or even examining it), but I do want to note that he did find the location and deserves to be acknowledged for that.

Last edited by terraphantm; Sat, Dec-08-2012 at 04:43:25 PM.
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote