BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)

BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/index.php)
-   E46 M3 (2001-2006) (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale! (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=309081)

maveric23 Fri, Feb-26-2010 05:48:52 PM

E46 M3 Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

We all know that car price guides such as Kelley Blue Book, NADA, Galves, Edmunds, etc. attempt to estimate the value of a car. However, nothing is more valuable to a buyer or seller than actual sales information.

I know that there have been previous threads here that captured M3 purchase data, but I've found them to be a little less comprehensive than desired. Crucial details such as location, body style, etc. are often missing from such threads.

Therefore, I hope to start a new, more detailed thread. I've tried to create a template that captures the most relevant items that is also quick and easy to complete. I think that it will be invaluable for both buyers and sellers of truly one of the best automobiles ever created! To ensure that this thread is clean and efficient, please only post completed templates. Lastly, since this thread is meant to benefit all members, I welcome your feedback and suggestions on improving the template via PM. Let's make this as useful as possible! Many thanks to all contributors! :thanks:

If you recently bought or sold an E46 M3, please help out your fellow members and report your purchase with the following copy-paste template:

Are you the Buyer or Seller?:
Model Year:
Mileage:
Coupe or Convertible?:
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Manual or SMG?:
Major Options:
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage):
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor):
Any unusual items that affected value?:
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction):
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?:

Sale Location (City, State):
Sale Date (Month, Year):
Seller Asking Price: $
Final Sales Price (amount seller received): $
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, Edmunds TMV, NADA, etc.): $
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, pictures, etc.):

///Motorsport3 kID Wed, Mar-03-2010 09:39:44 PM

Are you the Buyer or Seller?:Buyer
Model Year:2006
Mileage:16327 Miles
Coupe or Convertible?: Verts all day
Exterior Color: Imola Red
Interior Color: Black Nappa
Manual or SMG?: c'mon, 6mt
Major Options: Nav, 19's, Cold Weather, Premium, H/K, Titanium trim, im sure im forgetting something but it has everything except PDC
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): CPO 6yr/100k through June 2012
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor): Excellent
Any unusual items that affected value?: Car was immaculate
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction): Rallye BMW, Ryan Schlotter in CPO sales. He is a great man, has taken care of my family and friends with several cars. I've never heard a bad word spoken about him.
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: It took me a year to find the car, i looked at every dealer as i needed to have a warranty.
Sale Location (City, State): Westbury, New York
Sale Date (Month, Year): December 24, 2009
Seller Asking Price: $38,900
Final Sales Price: $36,900
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, NADA, Galves, etc.): $36&change
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, etc.): It took over a year to find the right car. there was an AW/IR coupe at rallye which i had an opprotunity to see the day it came back off lease. It was in great condition and even had a few tasteful aftermarket mods. Unfortunatley, it didnt have a stereo. Scratch that. Anyway, I over paid and i know it. But im ok with it because the car is literally that perfect.

opey Wed, Mar-03-2010 10:03:26 PM

theres a new thread like this every month it seems

330xiBoarder Wed, Mar-03-2010 10:44:59 PM

Are you the Buyer or Seller?: BUYER
Model Year: 2002
Mileage: 13,200
Coupe or Convertible?:coupe
Exterior Color: Carbon Black
Interior Color:Black
Manual 6 spd
Major Options: Cold Weather, Premium, Nav, heated seats, cd changer
Not Under Warranty
Any unusual items that affected value?:no
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? Bought from a friend of my uncles
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: Family friend
Sale Location (City, State): Chicago,IL
Sale Date (Month, Year):07,2008
Seller Asking Price: $25,000
Final Sales Price: $25,000
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, NADA, Galves, etc.): $
The guy i bought it from was the original owner and he babied it for the 6 years he owned it..

nikzbord Thu, Mar-04-2010 03:20:01 AM

^^ wow a 2002 with 13,200.. that's 1600 a year..

MrAdam Fri, Mar-05-2010 10:32:43 PM

Are you the Buyer or Seller?: Buyer
Model Year: 2004
Mileage: 73,500
Coupe or Convertible?: Coupe
Exterior Color: Silver Grey
Interior Color: Black leather
Manual or SMG?: Manny
Major Options: 19" wheels, aluminum trim, moon roof
Under Warranty? : CPO & maint. untill July
Overall Condition : Exelent
Any unusual items that affected value?: Manual seats, cheap rear tires
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale?: Private lot
How Did You Find Seller?: Auto Trader, looked everywhere for 4-5 months before I found this one
Sale Location: Fullerton, Ca
Sale Date : February, 2010
Seller Asking Price: $23,950
Final Sales Price: $21,950
Est. Published Value, if known : $ No Idea
Other Comments: :peace:

popwarandrun1 Sun, Mar-07-2010 08:36:04 AM

Are you the Buyer or Seller?:
Model Year: 2003
Mileage: 39,800
Coupe or Convertible?: Coupe
Exterior Color: Carbon Black
Interior Color: Cinnamon
Manual or SMG?: Manual
Major Options: EVERYTHING
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage):
Any unusual items that affected value?: BBK, Lightwerkz, CSL rims.
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction):Private
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: M3forum.net

Sale Location (City, State): Los Angeles, CA
Sale Date (Month, Year): 03/10
Seller Asking Price: $25,000
Final Sales Price: $23,500
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, NADA, Galves, etc.): $21,000
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, etc.): Exact color combo I wanted with low mileage. Perfect car.

AmirsM3 Sun, Mar-07-2010 09:07:02 AM

Are you the Buyer or Seller?:buyer
Model Year: 2005
Mileage: 39,000
Coupe or Convertible?:convertible
Exterior Color: Jet Black
Interior Color: Black
Manual or SMG?:SMG
Major Options: Nav,H/K,Cold Weather, Xenon, Premium, Bluetooth, 19'' wheels, BMW assist etc. etc. Fully Loaded
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): CPO until Jan 2011
Any unusual items that affected value?: geography
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction):Tim Tapia at Findlay Toyota
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?:Servicing wife's 2009 Tacoma (floormat recall from '09)

Sale Location (City, State): AZ
Sale Date (Month, Year): May,2009
Seller Asking Price: $30,900
Final Sales Price: $24,600
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, NADA, Galves, etc.): $ Didn't know at the time, but right now it's 34970 kbb.com
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, etc.): none.

08whtx5 Sun, Mar-07-2010 01:02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///Motorsport3 kID (Post 4590235)
Are you the Buyer or Seller?:Buyer
Model Year:2006
Mileage:16327 Miles
Coupe or Convertible?: Verts all day baby
Exterior Color: Imola Red
Interior Color: Black Nappa
Manual or SMG?: c'mon, 6mt
Major Options: Nav, 19's, Cold Weather, Premium, H/K, Titanium trim, im sure im forgetting something but it has everything except PDC
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): CPO 6yr/100k through June 2012
Any unusual items that affected value?: Car was immaculate
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction): Rallye BMW, Ryan Schlotter in CPO sales. He is a great man, has taken care of my family and friends with several cars. I've never heard a bad word spoken about him.
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: It took me a year to find the car, i looked at every dealer as i needed to have a warranty.
Sale Location (City, State): Westbury, New York
Sale Date (Month, Year): December 24, 2009
Seller Asking Price: $38,900
Final Sales Price: $36,900
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, NADA, Galves, etc.): $36&change
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, etc.): It took over a year to find the right car. there was an AW/IR coupe at rallye which i had an opprotunity to see the day it came back off lease. It was in great condition and even had a few tasteful aftermarket mods. Unfortunatley, it didnt have a stereo. Scratch that. Anyway, I over paid and i know it. But im ok with it because the car is literally that perfect.

Sounds like you got a great car! I too saw that AW/IR on the floor when I was in for service- it sold quickly

bleufiend Wed, Mar-10-2010 01:15:45 AM

Buyer or Seller?: Buyer
Model Year: 2002
Mileage: 64,000
Coupe or Convertible?:Convertible
Exterior Color: Titanium Silver
Interior Color: Gray Leather
Manual or SMG?:SMG
Major Options: Cold Weather Package, Black Softtop, Rain Sensor with Auto Headlight, Harman-Kardan Sound system,Park Distance Control, Xenon Headlamps
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): 6year/100k engine warranty for oil pump/crankshaft bearing recall.
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor): Good
Any unusual items that affected value?: None noted
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction): Bmw Dealership
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: Work for the dealer, car was traded in, went and talked to my Used cars Sales manager

Sale Location (City, State): Lakeland FL
Sale Date (Month, Year): March 2010
Seller Asking Price: $14500
Final Sales Price: $14500
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, NADA, Galves, etc.): $12.5k-14.2k traded in, 19k excellent condition as listed by KBB