BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)

BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/index.php)
-   E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013) (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   e92 M3 mechanical issues... (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=190048)

ArtM3 Wed, Dec-19-2007 11:51:23 PM

e92 M3 mechanical issues...

only post here if you own a car and had a serious problem...
no 'here say' or 3rd party BS...

also post if you have a car and NO problems to date...

list problem, as much detail as you can provide...
solution
mileage at which it occured...

NO OTHER POSTS please....

ArtM3 Wed, Dec-19-2007 11:52:55 PM

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=189570

BMWridin89 Thu, Jan-24-2008 02:32:24 AM

Yeah it sucks, but you can expect that with new cars, especially the first year of ownership. That is why it is better to wait until they get all the bugs worked out.

Laszlo Thu, Jan-24-2008 03:31:09 AM

What’s very concerning is that the fuel pump can operate under spec pressure and not produce fault codes for BMW to diagnose. Therefore, your BMW can operate under spec with less performance and unless they get hard codes, and only then, will they perform a pressure test.

My e92 335i has had the pump replaced, and after it was replaced, it produced far more horse power than it did from early ownership. But fortunately, my DME produced fault codes which led to a pressure test. But now the car feels as if it is not producing the horse power it once was. But BMW won’t do a pressure test, because there are no recorded faults.

Makes you wonder how many 335i’s out there that are running below performance spec and the owners are unaware of it. And soon, it’ll be M3 owners.

There should be a class action suit against BMW for this and they should buy my car back as well as many others who are scared to come forward and make a formal complaint. It is hard for people who have been a BMW fan and owner most of their lives to complain so outwardly. My e92 335i has been nothing but trouble since day one.

A perfect example of one problem I had with the car was it losing power on highway 101 in the fast lane (warning light alerted me of an engine malfunction and loss of power) and I almost got rear-ended by four cars because I could hardly get off the highway. Scared the hell out of me and it was the first time I actually thought I was going to die. If this ever happens while my wife is driving the car I will absolutely submit a formal complaint - God forbid this ever happens to someone who has kids in the car and something serious happens.

LightWerkz Thu, Jan-24-2008 03:37:34 AM

ouch, not all over again!

Str8///Left Thu, Jan-24-2008 05:00:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightWerkz (Post 2723485)
ouch, not all over again!

haha..i hope not. that would s@ck driving down the freeway and it would shut down on you.

M3_Dust Thu, Jan-24-2008 05:12:56 AM

I'll just wait for the final year of production when they have all the kinks worked out like they did with the '06 E46 M3 ;)

Geirvmax Thu, Jan-24-2008 05:53:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laszlo (Post 2723468)
Whatís very concerning is that the fuel pump can operate under spec pressure and not produce fault codes for BMW to diagnose. Therefore, your BMW can operate under spec with less performance and unless they get hard codes, and only then, will they perform a pressure test.

My e92 335i has had the pump replaced, and after it was replaced, it produced far more horse power than it did from early ownership. But fortunately, my DME produced fault codes which led to a pressure test. But now the car feels as if it is not producing the horse power it once was. But BMW wonít do a pressure test, because there are no recorded faults.

Makes you wonder how many 335iís out there that are running below performance spec and the owners are unaware of it. And soon, itíll be M3 owners.

There should be a class action suit against BMW for this and they should buy my car back as well as many others who are scared to come forward and make a formal complaint. It is hard for people who have been a BMW fan and owner most of their lives to complain so outwardly. My e92 335i has been nothing but trouble since day one.

A perfect example of one problem I had with the car was it losing power on highway 101 in the fast lane (warning light alerted me of an engine malfunction and loss of power) and I almost got rear-ended by four cars because I could hardly get off the highway. Scared the hell out of me and it was the first time I actually thought I was going to die. If this ever happens while my wife is driving the car I will absolutely submit a formal complaint - God forbid this ever happens to someone who has kids in the car and something serious happens.

My experience with the local BMW dealership service department is awful. The cars are lovely, but there is something v e r y wrong with the BMW dealerships.

gemini04tl Thu, Jan-24-2008 05:58:46 AM

Oh Great I was thinking of a New M3 or a 335xi and all these fuel pump issues!!

duk Thu, Jan-24-2008 06:17:56 AM

god damn bmw, use better quality stuff!