BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)

BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/index.php)
-   Pacific (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Shop to install Vince bar/CMP in Norcal? (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=590971)

binary Fri, Aug-11-2017 04:45:24 PM

Shop to install Vince bar/CMP in Norcal?

Hoping to find someone that used a shop to install a Vincebar/CMP/or similar to lock down that RACP. I have redish plates and all the bushings ready to go, currently working with Valley Motorwerks on the plate install but they've never done a Vincebar and don't really see the need for it. But as we've seen over and over, plates are not enough.

If you can recommend a shop that's performed a bar install, please let me know. Thank you.

Speed Monkey Fri, Aug-11-2017 05:23:50 PM

Re: Shop to install Vince bar/CMP in Norcal?

How about IPB...
1206 C Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 453-1465

binary Fri, Aug-11-2017 05:39:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Monkey (Post 1067704899)
How about IPB...
1206 C Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 453-1465

Do you know if they (Ron) has done a Vince type bar specifically? Valley is a great shop (so is IPB), they build tons of race cars (spec E-46) and are totally qualified to install the plates and everything else a BMW might need. They install plates on every E-46 race car they make and they've never seen an RACP fail, even on their high mileage track cars. But their track cars are mostly non M, maybe that has something to do with them not seeing an RACP failure?

Really hoping to find a shop that's done the Vince bar or similar along with addressing all the other problem areas of the RACP. (spot welds and common fail points)

den_bart Sat, Oct-28-2017 11:12:12 PM

did you figure out which shop to go to?

dothraki Mon, Oct-30-2017 11:23:04 PM

Most of the shops including PTech do not seem to understand what a VinceBar is and they think plates are the permanent fix. It's understandable from their perspective because if plates are failing, they would have more customers return with subframe issues. At the same time, if a customer has subframe reinforcement, they would not request another subframe inspection nor would a shop perform a thorough check if they see plates already on the car.

binary Tue, Oct-31-2017 01:16:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dothraki (Post 1067739310)
Most of the shops including PTech do not seem to understand what a VinceBar is and they think plates are the permanent fix. It's understandable from their perspective because if plates are failing, they would have more customers return with subframe issues. At the same time, if a customer has subframe reinforcement, they would not request another subframe inspection nor would a shop perform a thorough check if they see plates already on the car.

Agreed. I had the redishplates installed last week at valley Motorwerks and plan to have them do the Vince bar next year + front cups. Their fab guy is awesome and Iíll be the guinea pig. Ran out of car money after danavon did the vanos and cooling system. Thatís enough cash spent for this quarter!

vinster64 Wed, Nov-08-2017 04:06:31 PM

Hi, i.m looking at the Vincebar option also. Did Valley give an idea of the price to perform the install ?

j0rdan J Sun, Nov-19-2017 04:52:33 PM

Contact TC Design

binary Mon, Nov-20-2017 04:45:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinster64 (Post 1067743400)
Hi, i.m looking at the Vincebar option also. Did Valley give an idea of the price to perform the install ?

We didn't get too far into the cost of the Vincebar, but they weren't worried about installing it or giving a go. Think they were happy to get in there and figure it out but I need to delay it until next year so I dropped the topic. It certainly would be less than the 800 labor I spent for welding plates. Pretty sure you can do the Vince install without dropping the subframe? That would save a bunch of labor and now that all my bushings, fancy rtabs and adjustable arms are fresh down there, I won't have to buy those parts again.. that'll help. I'd budget another 500-1000 labor to do the vince solution while everything is open and taken apart if you do them with plates. I'm sure TC would do an awesome job, their work is amazing. But they didn't really want to discuss RACP solutions with me over the phone, I'm sure in person I could have drilled down on that subject and received an answer, but Valley is close to my house and they did a fantastic job.

Joe@PTech Tue, Nov-21-2017 12:26:35 AM

Did you speak to someone at PTech? We've quoted a few on the Vincebar install, including one considering our end of year group buy on subframe work for the e46. We've installed over 150 sets of plates and I think had one come back. A more permanent fix would be a back half or something similar. We've seen those with plates that crack horribly later as the plates and sometimes spring rates/height can just transfer that energy to another weak part of the rear flooring. So, we recommend a back half, typically by TCD if the car is tracked heavily and anything competing. Lightly tracked, autoX or just daily driven are typically resolved with TMS or Redish plates. And this is from close to a decade of working on the e46, winning Nationals in GTS4 with one and countless others we service. I'm just looking at your member date of 9/2017 and assuming maybe you don't know our history. Why would we perform work that we would then need to knowingly warranty later?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dothraki (Post 1067739310)