Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : What's Up with Passport BMW ??

BigHat
Sun, Jan-29-2006, 05:39:31 PM
Hello,
Would appreciate your take on the buying service experience at Passport. Seem to have a good "in" and may get a good deal.

What scares me is the bad service stories. We get our Corp cars (750iLs) serviced there and the senior driver is very happy with their work. Others say they ****.

I KNOW Arlington sucks and I know Sterling is good from personal experience. Hate to drive out to Sterling though and Passport would be about 10 miles closer.

Your thoughts.

Six
Sun, Jan-29-2006, 06:22:10 PM
Ive never been there, but I always here bad things.

rattdogg
Sun, Jan-29-2006, 11:21:49 PM
Do yourself a favor and do not do business with Passport.

impulss
Mon, Jan-30-2006, 12:21:11 PM
My buddy is a manager at Tischer BMW of Silver Spring.

PM and I can hook it up for ya! :peace:

muggsy
Mon, Jan-30-2006, 09:12:34 PM
I've had nothing but GREAT experience with Passport. My in-laws have bought several BMWs there (including 99 7-series and 2002 M3) and I bought my 2003 M3 coupe new from Passport in August 03. The car was perfect, they were easy to deal with on the sale, and my SA (Keith) has been great and extraordinarily helpful whenever I've needed to bring my car in. Also, my in-laws' 7-series had transmission problems a few months after the warranty period expired, and they ended up replacing the tranny under warranty even though they could easily have stuck her with the bill. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Charlie3
Mon, Jan-30-2006, 11:30:26 PM
Hello,
Would appreciate your take on the buying service experience at Passport. Seem to have a good "in" and may get a good deal.

What scares me is the bad service stories. We get our Corp cars (750iLs) serviced there and the senior driver is very happy with their work. Others say they ****.

I KNOW Arlington sucks and I know Sterling is good from personal experience. Hate to drive out to Sterling though and Passport would be about 10 miles closer.

Your thoughts.

FWIW...I use Passport...nothing but good experiences..Needed service few months back..Called Steve ( SA ) got me in the next day....Was in and out in about an hour....Mechanic came out and went over the service order with me before hand to ask if I had any problems I wanted him to look at....Have also been to Sterling BMW...place was a tad too hectic for me...plus the drive out there is a *****...!

lmtfi
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 03:43:16 AM
I bought two cars from Passport (Sales: Joern Esser - great guy to work with). Great treatment from Sales, but the most miserable experiences possible from Passport's Service Dept.

I wouldn't use Passport Service Department again if they were the last dealer in the metro area.

Scorpio_usn
Fri, Feb-10-2006, 08:00:42 PM
I deal will Keith(SA White Team). He's gone WAY out of the way to help me out of some heavy bills from time to time. But, I have had to have work re-done or corrected from there as well. The double edge sword. As Far as M3s go there's a guy at Russel BMW in Baltimore near rt40 who really knows his M's.

M3UOND
Wed, Feb-15-2006, 02:42:42 AM
FYI, For out-of-warranty bimmers, I doubt there's anyone better than Reese Sherbaf at the corner of Prosperity and Lee Highway in Merrifield (practically across the street from Fairfax BMW).

Turbologist
Wed, Feb-15-2006, 02:03:42 PM
I have never had service done at Passport but when I was lookin for an M, they were giving me one of the best prices...

yuanren
Wed, Feb-15-2006, 03:07:37 PM
where do most ppl get their service done around here? sterling? ... cause im thinking about switching since im starting to absolutely loathe fairfax

BigHat
Wed, Feb-15-2006, 03:54:49 PM
FYI, For out-of-warranty bimmers, I doubt there's anyone better than Reese Sherbaf at the corner of Prosperity and Lee Highway in Merrifield (practically across the street from Fairfax BMW).

Bought some SS brake lines and some aftermarket pads. Consider them a good shop to istall them? What is the name of the shop?

BigHat
Wed, Feb-15-2006, 03:57:05 PM
where do most ppl get their service done around here? sterling? ... cause im thinking about switching since im starting to absolutely loathe fairfax

I use Sterling. I feel they are the best. Heard their customer satisfaction rate is among the top handful nationally.

Arlington is 1.5 miles from my house but they were so poor is dealing with an old girlfriend's car I'd never buy or service anything from them.

Turbologist
Wed, Feb-15-2006, 05:30:51 PM
I use Sterling. I feel they are the best. Heard their customer satisfaction rate is among the top handful nationally.

I second that... :thumbsup: