Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Wtf Its Wrong With Virginia

maditalian
Tue, Jan-24-2006, 09:31:19 PM
holy siht, i cant belive this :chair: :chair:
i guess most of u regionals probably read my thread on the reckelss bullisht charge in va, so u know where i am coming from.
yesterday i went to help a friend in tysons to install his new 5.1 system and i was driving on 66. i was driving worse than my grandpa since i just got hit in va with a big ticket obviously.
long sory short, in a bumper to bumper traffic, averaging 0 to 10 mph u would think u cant get pulled over right .... WRONG :banghead:
my right lane was moving at 7mph and the right one at around 10mph, when i saw that the bus in front of me came to a complete stop some 30ft in front of me and i noticed that my exit was coming up and that the right lane had a big gap and it was moving at like 7mph i just slowly drifeted my car to the right lane .... THAT SIHT GOT ME A FUKCING "UNSAFE LANE CHANGE DUE TO FAILURE TO SIGNAL" TICKET
WHAT THE FUKC ITS GOING ON IN THIS MOTHAFUKCING STATE.
oh and i am not done, those who know me know that i have 14 stiches on my left shoulder due to my last season bike crash at summit point during my track day prectice. i got pulled over before and when they say "sir u dont have a seatbealt" i show them the scar and they always go like "wow sorry to see that sir, i can understand how the seatbealt would bother u but please put it on as u go, try under your arm or buy a cushion pad for the future" and thats it. they let me go
NOT IN VA :chair:
officer: u DONT have a seat belt, i will have to fine u for that
me: i know officer but look here, see i have a broken shoulder and it kills me to wear one, plus traffic its standing still u know
officer: i see, thats a rather large scar
me: i know
officer: well u can explain that to the judge, he will probably reduce the ticket for u.
and he fined me on that too
what an asshat.
i made a u turn and i called my friend and told me to come and pick me up at the key bridge (on the dc side)..... cos i am done driving in that hideous state. i promised to myself i wont drive there again. plus whats the need for. i will be staying in my dc side and north :thumbsup:
fukc them, i had it

impulss
Tue, Jan-24-2006, 09:35:21 PM
Sorry to hear dude..

but this is what happens when you drive a M3...

the cops love to :agree: you!

yuanren
Tue, Jan-24-2006, 09:36:02 PM
damn, thats pretty bad ... but yea, i've heard of people getting that stupid no seatbelt thing, its pretty gay

///M3Pilot19
Tue, Jan-24-2006, 09:38:16 PM
Virginia is a joke. Greedy Commonwealth that makes you pay ridiculous personal property taxes, yearly inspections, moronic County stickers, and ticket happy cops everywhere. I can't wait to move :thumbsup:

maditalian
Tue, Jan-24-2006, 09:39:02 PM
Sorry to hear dude..

but this is what happens when you drive a M3...

the cops love to :agree: you!

i was driving my second car (beater) which its a 99 subaru forester .... great all around car, but deff. not a blinger. and i had my skis in it too and all my sking and ice skating stuff, the officer had a flash light on my trunk for like half an hr before approching me.
its not the car its VA :chair:

Turbologist
Tue, Jan-24-2006, 11:58:25 PM
Dude you have the worst luck I have ever seen... Im really sorry to hear that and all I see are posts by you with horrific cop tales... and your car isnt even flashy or loud to where it would stand out....

Im sure what the cop did was run your plates and saw that you had a bad record so he was just waiting to pounce on you as soon as you slipped... Pigs are a$$hole plain and simple and VA pigs arent any better...

Budman
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 02:17:00 AM
Your VA luck sucks man..

I hate 66, but luckily (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues.

Buff
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 02:21:18 AM
VA just plain sucks. So does their shoddy football team with their X-criminal QB.
They also are a bunch of puhssies because they are too scared to let the public have radar detectors.

Janissarie
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 02:23:56 AM
fuk tah pigs is what I say.

impulss
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 03:10:30 AM
I actually avoid 66 like the plague...

with all the police and "sudden" traffic jams.... i say.. no thanks!

Six
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 03:44:04 PM
wow that sucks. sorry to hear it, but I try to stay away from VA also.

Budman
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 07:30:44 PM
I actually avoid 66 like the plague...

with all the police and "sudden" traffic jams.... i say.. no thanks!
Unfortunately its my only way home and to work, unless I travel 50 or 29 :(

maditalian
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 07:34:17 PM
Unfortunately its my only home and to work, unless I travel 50 or 29 :(

wow, i feel sorry for u

Six
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 07:45:56 PM
Unfortunately its my only home and to work, unless I travel 50 or 29 :(

Do u have any tickets from VA?

e46er
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 08:23:48 PM
I drive on 66 every****ing day man. To and from work. and never have gotten a ticket. I got a ticket for reckless when I first moved here but nothing since.

///M3Pilot19
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 08:31:04 PM
I drive on 66 every****ing day man. To and from work. and never have gotten a ticket. I got a ticket for reckless when I first moved here but nothing since.

where is your sig Drew?

Budman
Wed, Jan-25-2006, 10:33:51 PM
Do u have any tickets from VA?
None so far, but I was only there for 4 months before the Army sent me here to Cuba.. came close though down at Skyline though :takecover

asianjedi
Thu, Jan-26-2006, 09:49:41 PM
Wow man, bad luck for sure. But that's just what I think it is....bad luck. I have lived everywhere....CA, NV, IL, AL, AZ, HI, MD, VA and prolly driven through almost every state in the union...bottom line is that TRAFFIC/HIGHWAY (not all) cops **** everywhere. They hate their job so they take it out on you.

However, imho, saying a state sucks or wanting to leave it because of the traffic laws is short sighted (no disrepect intended). All the states in the metro DC area have their own quirks with traffic laws. We already went over VA...DC is nazi like with driving and alchohol, no detectors, and no cell phones unless hands free....MD has more 6 lanes roads with a 30 MPH limit than anywhere else in the world (355 in Gburg and Shady Grove and you cant see the signs because the all frickin trees are right on top of the roads!) and MD competes with CA for high taxes (VA isnt even close).

So stay where you are and support your local economy with traffic tickets. :rofl2:

Phat Ham
Thu, Jan-26-2006, 11:10:41 PM
DC is nazi like with driving and alchohol, no detectors, and no cell phones unless hands free.... Don't forget about parking and no front plate tickets. They're nazis about those, too.

rattdogg
Mon, Jan-30-2006, 12:28:49 AM
Virginia is a joke. Greedy Commonwealth that makes you pay ridiculous personal property taxes, yearly inspections, moronic County stickers, and ticket happy cops everywhere. I can't wait to move :thumbsup:
You will find out that live can be enjoyed if you escape Northern Va. My brother in law is a Pr. William CO. cop and I can personally attest that he and his friends would push two drug dealers and a rapist out of their way to write a traffic ticket.

asianjedi
Mon, Jan-30-2006, 12:41:54 AM
You will find out that live can be enjoyed if you escape Northern Va. My brother in law is a Pr. William CO. cop and I can personally attest that he and his friends would push two drug dealers and a rapist out of their way to write a traffic ticket.

That is the funniest f*ckin thing I have ever heard. :rofl2:

But "escaping" to MD or DC wouldn't help...they are the same way.

Mpassioned
Mon, Jan-30-2006, 01:14:14 AM
I'm not intending to cast aspersions toward anyone here, but you know, I see all too often all of this flaming toward the police on all of these chat room boards. Sure, it stinks to get pulled over and written up for any moving violation, I've had my share for sure. The biggest problem I see with this area is the # of people and all of the developing that has gone on for the past 25-30 years. Lets take a look at the real reason the police are what they are. I don't envy their job at all. Imagine if you had to deal with all the asshat drivers around here every day. Think about that, if that was your job? Would you remain composed and unaffected by all that you'd have to put up with and witness on a day to day basis. I don't think it's really the police that are the problem. I respect what they have to do, and since I drive for a living, I try try model my driving after the sign on the back of the Giant Food Trucks. Careful driving is a civic responsibility. If people were more civil, cognizant of what they were doing, considerate of others, we wouldn't have to have such stringent enforcement. Just my 2c.

flagger
Mon, Jan-30-2006, 03:42:11 AM
I'm not intending to cast aspersions toward anyone here, but you know, I see all too often all of this flaming toward the police on all of these chat room boards. Sure, it stinks to get pulled over and written up for any moving violation, I've had my share for sure. The biggest problem I see with this area is the # of people and all of the developing that has gone on for the past 25-30 years. Lets take a look at the real reason the police are what they are. I don't envy their job at all. Imagine if you had to deal with all the asshat drivers around here every day. Think about that, if that was your job? Would you remain composed and unaffected by all that you'd have to put up with and witness on a day to day basis. I don't think it's really the police that are the problem. I respect what they have to do, and since I drive for a living, I try try model my driving after the sign on the back of the Giant Food Trucks. Careful driving is a civic responsibility. If people were more civil, cognizant of what they were doing, considerate of others, we wouldn't have to have such stringent enforcement. Just my 2c.

:thumbsup:

Charlie3
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 12:47:02 AM

IMPASSIONED just about said it all...Might add tho, if you go out in the traffic and play odds are eventually you're going to pay...Why knock the cops for doing what they get paid to do....enforce the law..??

maditalian
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 03:53:36 AM
guys, there is a difference between enforcing the law and spotting dangerous drivers out of the pack and punish them, and just coming up with the smallest excuse to just pick a dude out of the pack so that they can meet their ticket quota.
if a guy runs a stop sign, the cop should deff. ticket him to the full extent of the law, if a guy in a desserted intersection stops for a second looks right and left and then procedes the cop should not go pull him over cos he "paused" he did not do a "full 3 second stop" ( yes my friend got that tipe of bulsiht ticket).
NO ONE put a gun to no ones head and told him "today u are going to sit here and give tickets to any driver commiting infractions" officers have their job cos they like it, there are millions of jobs out there, expecially for the kind of money they make, they could work as managers of best buy and do the same yearly income. or they could part time bar tend and do twice the money in half the time. the only reason cosp have that job its cos they like to be cops.
sorry i dont feel sorry a bit for having a job that su cks :nixweiss:

oh and on a second note, i started this thread not to flame on cops but to make a point about VA traffic laws and car taxes and revue ways they have to make money. i think they are hideous, i think the punishments are not proportioned to what the real crime is and i think that most of the DMV taxes and yearly inspections are just for revue porpuses. not to ensure the citized safety as they state.

e46er
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 01:33:36 PM
where is your sig Drew?

I still have it. Just moved and got new webspace and have yet to host it.

///M3Pilot19
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 01:42:14 PM

:rofl2:

///M3Pilot19
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 01:42:54 PM

nah, I'm trying to escape west.. like Colorado or Arizona.

asianjedi
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 01:54:21 PM
nah, I'm trying to escape west.. like Colorado or Arizona.

Funny how perspectives can be so alike and others can be so different.....I feel like I "escaped" the west coast!

My vote would be AZ....Scottsdale or Gilbert area....lots of open straight road. Forget the twisty roads like MD though...everything is laid in a grid.

flagger
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 02:35:02 PM
My vote would be AZ....Scottsdale or Gilbert area....lots of open straight road. Forget the twisty roads like MD though...everything is laid in a grid.

Reasonable, if not hot, weather, roads are in good condition (no potholes), but the drivers are worse than VA. Oh, almost forgot, lots of red light cameras, at least as of last month. Also one of the highest car theft rates in the country, although primarily for family sedans that are sold for parts.

Actually not a bad area except for the unrelenting heat.

maditalian
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 03:06:40 PM

dude, not cos i am in MD, but probably the other members can tell u too, MD cops are not even near as anal as the VA ones, more over, 75 miles an hr in md will not get u a reckelss charge.

e46er
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 03:14:16 PM
Yeah VA cops **** ****, no doubt about that.

Charlie3
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 03:18:09 PM
dude, not cos i am in MD, but probably the other members can tell u too, MD cops are not even near as anal as the VA ones, more over, 75 miles an hr in md will not get u a reckelss charge.

Have to agree...Md trooper hit me with radar 70 in a 50 zone...Rt 4 in Anne Arundel Co...Got a warning ticket...Trooper said they were making their presence known in trying to slow traffic down in the area...In Va. 20 mph over any posted limit can be considered reckless...depending on the cop...

maditalian
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 03:20:21 PM
lets not forget the personal property taxes, yearly inspections, and expensive as hell County stickers. we have none of that in MD.
not to mention we are closer to the skiing resorts, closer to the bay and the beaches, closer to philly closer to NYC and closer to atlantic city, and rush hr traffic in MD it not a dense as VA at all.
come to think of it ... why in the hell was i driving in VA in the first place for :nixweiss:

e46er
Tue, Jan-31-2006, 03:22:44 PM
VA sucks man. Out of all the places I have lived in the US (CA, UT, MD, VA) VA has been the worst in regards to owning and operating a vehicle.

Obioban
Wed, Feb-01-2006, 02:36:29 AM
The V1 picked up more cops in VA when i was down for the meet than anywhere I've been before. I know the V1 is illegal there but it is invisible to radar detector detectors and mine in mounted on the rear deck such that a cop would never see it. It was rediculous, i've never gone the speed limit so much