Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Brake Bedding

BigHat
Thu, Jan-12-2006, 06:17:50 PM
I read the Zeckhausen procedure for bedding brakes with great interest. Process requires a series of eight 60 mph to 10 mph decelerations done very quickly. This needs to be followed by about 5 minutes of driving to cool the rotors with the need to brake.

Anyone know an road in the DC area where this can be accomplished? Seems like a very difficult requirement outside of a race track.

Turbologist
Thu, Jan-12-2006, 06:26:02 PM
I read the Zeckhausen procedure for bedding brakes with great interest. Process requires a series of eight 60 mph to 10 mph decelerations done very quickly. This needs to be followed by about 5 minutes of driving to cool the rotors with the need to brake.

Anyone know an road in the DC area where this can be accomplished? Seems like a very difficult requirement outside of a race track.

You try lookin at some warehouse district? They're usually pretty abandoned at night... I know thats a far stretch but it may be worth a look... :nixweiss:

Six
Thu, Jan-12-2006, 06:38:22 PM
Im about 30mins from DC and there are plenty of roads like that out here.

maditalian
Thu, Jan-12-2006, 07:59:43 PM
i did it on 495 (in the MD side not in the VA side) late at night when u could basicaly rollerblade on the beltway.
just make sure there are no cars near by, do it quick and then just drive to cool them off :thumbsup:
i have done it four times and no problemo (at like 12 or like 1 am of a week day off course