Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Dyno Day this saturday!

Bagher
Tue, Nov-29-2005, 11:39:41 PM
Pro Motion Tuning is a new shop in Fredericksburg. They've actually been around for quite a while. Their old shop was called Creative Compacts. They've done some SEMA show cars and have plenty of ongoing projects that make them a good candidate for doing tuning. If you've been to a Mega Meet or read Modified Magazine lately, then you've seen the carbon fiber RX8 that they've been parading around. While that may not be your taste in styling, the amount of work and level of detail on that vehicle is nothing short of amazing.

They have an in ground Dynojet AWD dyno with non-linked rollers. The front roller just allows the front wheels to spin independently of the rear wheels. For mildly modified Audies and VWs that shouldn't present a problem for the traction control system.

The Dyno Days run from 10am-4pm. If we're able to get close to 10 people, the cost is $55 for 3 pulls including Air/Fuel meter. There's usually a 10 minute break between pulls to allow the car to cool down and for minor tweeks to be made.

While this has been advertised as an AWD dyno day, 2 wheel drive cars are more than welcome to come. I just posted this as an AWD dyno day so that the Audi and R32 guys know they can run.

Pro Motion is very respectful of your dyno numbers. They only allow photography of the car on the dyno with the owners permission. They also only release the dyno numbers with the owner's permission. They don't mind people there watching, but they want to make sure that this does not get in the way of the person doing the tuning.

That said, I don't think this would be a bad thing to have a meet associated with this. If folks want to come down, I'll get information about places to eat and hang out nearby. Pro Motion has a pretty well stocked shop, though they are not a Euro-specific tuning shop. They do carry some things for VWs and there are definitely parts that are universal that might be of interest.

Pro Motion is located at:
20 Commerce Pkwy. Unit 101
Fredericksburg, VA 22406

Driving time from my house in Falls Church is just under 1 hour. I'd suggest we meet up at Silver Diner at Springfield Mall for breakfast, then roll down to Fred'sburg and get there in time for the motors to cool down a bit. It is actually a good thing to get the car thoroughly warmed up with a highway cruise before slapping it on the dyno. For an old car like mine, it makes sure that everything is working correctly. For the newer cars, it gets the ECUs thinking about going fast and laying down good numbers. Wink

Please post up if you're interested. Let me know if you've got questions. I've got an e-mail into James about places to eat/hang out nearby. We might be able to do a meet associated with this.

Dyno List
1. PedroGringo (spinning the Corrado)
2. lrg8683
3. MpoweredM
4. Vegeta Gti/Raevyn
5. 4Rings v2.0
6. boosted-bora??? (Needs to spin the dyno early so he can hit the road)
7. BoosTDIt
8. freestyler58

Those interested in a possible meet at the Dyno Day.
1. PedroGringo
2. lrg8683!
3. MpoweredM
4. Vegeta Gti
5. 4Rings v2.0
6. BoosTDIt
7. DTM 02 Driver

Bagher
Tue, Nov-29-2005, 11:40:21 PM
click for more info (http://www.eastcoasteuro.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1751)

maditalian
Wed, Nov-30-2005, 03:04:06 AM
i ll be down, expecially with the issue i had last time i would like to try another dyno, plus $55 aint bad at all ... sign me up bagher :beer:

datax
Wed, Nov-30-2005, 03:32:40 AM
i ll be down, expecially with the issue i had last time i would like to try another dyno, plus $55 aint bad at all ... sign me up bagher :beer:

After reading your post, I gotta know what my car is up to. See you guys there!

Budman
Wed, Nov-30-2005, 11:27:47 AM
man I wish I was home..

Bagher
Wed, Nov-30-2005, 01:50:01 PM
4 M3s at they dyno, I bet we all get different results! See you guys on Saturday morning! :beer:

eya_21
Wed, Nov-30-2005, 05:46:50 PM
4 M3s at they dyno, I bet we all get different results! See you guys on Saturday morning! :beer:

so this place has a gt1 tool to turn-on the dyno mode on late year M3 model yes?

Bagher
Wed, Nov-30-2005, 05:55:26 PM
dunno. call and find out.

1-877-724-6682

Bagher
Sat, Dec-03-2005, 10:38:10 PM
Lorenzo, how come you didn't show up? Ken and I got our M3's to pull to 8000 RPM! It didnt work for me once but they gave me an extra pull. My numbers were low like you, Ken had like 8 more hp than me. I think when we are on the dyno the car goes into emissions mode and leans out the car reducing the horsepower.

datax
Sun, Dec-04-2005, 04:24:01 AM
Lorenzo, how come you didn't show up? Ken and I got our M3's to pull to 8000 RPM! It didnt work for me once but they gave me an extra pull. My numbers were low like you, Ken had like 8 more hp than me. I think when we are on the dyno the car goes into emissions mode and leans out the car reducing the horsepower.

More than 8hp. :smiley_ab :rofl2: :chair: Still crap tho. :rofl2:

Just posted the story. Read here-

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?p=1157854#post1157854