Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : sterio code for m3

rjsrealtor
Sun, Nov-13-2005, 04:00:34 AM
i recently bought an m3, the previous owner unpluged the battery and when he pluged it back in the sterio asks for a security code which he doesnt know b/c he was the second owner. its a 98 m3. does anyone know how i can find that code??? right now i cant use the sterio or cd player at all. if anyone can help please send me a private message thanks.

surestart
Mon, Nov-14-2005, 05:04:04 PM
dont know where you are or what make your stereo is but here in England I just ring somebody give them the serial number and they give me the code it costs me 5 think
thats about 10 american dollars. Try looking in your local phonebook or newspaper you should find somebody who does mobile decodes

Doc_SoCal
Sun, Dec-04-2005, 03:41:00 PM
i recently bought an m3, the previous owner unpluged the battery and when he pluged it back in the sterio asks for a security code which he doesnt know b/c he was the second owner. its a 98 m3. does anyone know how i can find that code??? right now i cant use the sterio or cd player at all. if anyone can help please send me a private message thanks.
It is not unusual for the code to be written on the unit. Not the most secure thing but I have seen a couple. My 97 was like that.

Take a 5/64 Allen wrench. Open the two screw covers on the face of the H/U. Turn those two screws counter clockwise until they stop and simply slide out the H/U and take a peek.

If that does not work call BMW.