Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : detail in bucks/phila

marcos
Wed, Nov-02-2005, 08:56:55 PM
Anybody know of a good detailer in bucks county/phila area? thanks.

patty
Tue, Nov-08-2005, 01:41:44 AM
Anybody know of a good detailer in bucks county/phila area? thanks.

Richboro Car Wash does pretty good work, but I would suggest that you learn how to detail yourself (give a man to fish, teach a man to fish). I consider myself a rookie still, but I'd be willing to help (I'm in Newtown, PA).

Peace

Patrick

marcos
Wed, Nov-09-2005, 02:13:40 AM
I'm in wrightstown! Don't know if I've seen your car. I have seen a beautiful (not all stock) AW M3 in the newtown farmer's market. I took my car to richboro once for a wash and after I then noticed a small chunk missing from my front wheel..Now, I don't know if they did it--or it happened previously. The do it yourself detail is great--can be relaxing, but my free time is not as plentiful as it used to be....
Oh, I did stop by a "detailing" place next to the newtown car wash. There was a new 530 outside. I went in and asked the guy some questions--he was smoking while detailing some SUV. Something tells me this is not a place to bring a luxury car.
Hope to see you around. Thanks for the offer, may take you up on it.

UA///M3
Wed, Nov-09-2005, 02:34:33 AM
Richboro Car Wash does pretty good work, but I would suggest that you learn how to detail yourself (give a man to fish, teach a man to fish). I consider myself a rookie still, but I'd be willing to help (I'm in Newtown, PA).

Peace

Patrick

thats only a car wash. they dont detail. btw, im in newtown too. never seen you around. is that your car in the sig?

UA///M3
Wed, Nov-09-2005, 02:40:29 AM
I'm in wrightstown! Don't know if I've seen your car. I have seen a beautiful (not all stock) AW M3 in the newtown farmer's market. I took my car to richboro once for a wash and after I then noticed a small chunk missing from my front wheel..Now, I don't know if they did it--or it happened previously. The do it yourself detail is great--can be relaxing, but my free time is not as plentiful as it used to be....
Oh, I did stop by a "detailing" place next to the newtown car wash. There was a new 530 outside. I went in and asked the guy some questions--he was smoking while detailing some SUV. Something tells me this is not a place to bring a luxury car.

I dont know about this place. They seem like a rip off. When I had my car already fully detailed outside (wet sanded and buffed) I went to them a day after just to see what kind of work they do. I then just out of curiousity asked the guy how much it would be to detail the outside of my car. he looks at the car and said, ummmm looks like a tough job. Quoted me $400. Freaking scammers. Although they did have a nice S500 there.

patty
Wed, Nov-09-2005, 03:07:08 AM
thats only a car wash. they dont detail. btw, im in newtown too. never seen you around. is that your car in the sig?

I've had 2 cars detailed there multiple times. Unless they have changed this within the past 12 months. It's certainly worth the phone call...

I'm in Newtown, but only on weekends (I'm in NJ for school fulltime). I rarely see M3's in Newtown.

Patrick

PS - Nice Car/House!

patty
Wed, Nov-09-2005, 03:11:55 AM

I've come to the conclusion that car washes are generally a bad idea if you value your paint. Was your experience there in the M? I'm usually around on Saturdays, and winter break is coming up soon so I'll be around more often (hopefully snowfall will be minimal).

later

patrick

marcos
Thu, Nov-10-2005, 12:24:51 AM
yes, the car wash was a mistake-only did it 2 times We have well water and I was paranoid about the hardness of the water. Still a little worried, but it's still got to be better than handing over the keys and wondering if they're scraping my wheels.

flproject13
Mon, Nov-21-2005, 11:29:45 PM
chances are the white M3 you saw at the farmers market was johns he works over at the japanese resturant near pier 1 i forget what its called off hand. I have a steel gray one with a dare plate if you ever see me :)

Glenn95
Mon, Nov-28-2005, 06:54:04 PM
chances are the white M3 you saw at the farmers market was johns he works over at the japanese resturant near pier 1 i forget what its called off hand. I have a steel gray one with a dare plate if you ever see me :)
Oieshi (sp?)

patty
Thu, Dec-01-2005, 01:13:21 AM
*cough* Oishi.