Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Rim Wheel Repair in the DC area?

dawsocj
Wed, Oct-12-2005, 05:52:42 PM
Hi,

I have a quick request - I managed to scratch the rear rims of my M3 - nothing too bad, but you can see the scuff marks. I saw from other posts that there are good companies out there that can fix these scratches pretty well, but are there any in the DC/NoVa area?

Thanks in advance

achung
Wed, Oct-12-2005, 06:08:05 PM
I live around the DC area, but dont know of any places.

If you don't mind doing the work yourself, here is a great write up

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml

NPalacioM3
Wed, Oct-12-2005, 07:18:12 PM
Cool stuff with that DIY. If you do not want to go through all that BS, take it here. 75-100/wheel but they are always backed up about 2 weeks. Thet are located in Elkridge, near Columbia so not too far away. Good luck!

Ye Ole Wheel and Welding Shop, Inc.
6363 Washington Boulevard
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410)796-8400

dawsocj
Thu, Oct-13-2005, 01:54:58 PM
That's great - thanks - just what I wanted. I'll give them a call. I do like the DIY thought.. But I'm wondering what the heck color paint should i get to match our 18" - the Porsche wheels look to be a slightly different color of silver.

Macros_1
Thu, Oct-13-2005, 02:30:29 PM
I actually just dropped my car off at the stealership and they had a wheel repair place that they worked with that fixed my wheels. Came out great! And no extra hassle since it was done while the car was in for other work.

(Was at BMW of Sterling)

dawsocj
Thu, Oct-13-2005, 05:22:27 PM
Ar, ok, that's not too far away, I'll give them a call and head over. I'm next to IBM of Arlington, and they **** at pretty much most things... They had no idea as to a place that could fix wheels.

Turbologist
Thu, Oct-20-2005, 08:27:57 PM
I actually just dropped my car off at the stealership and they had a wheel repair place that they worked with that fixed my wheels. Came out great! And no extra hassle since it was done while the car was in for other work.

(Was at BMW of Sterling)

Did they say who the Co. was?

Turbologist
Mon, Oct-31-2005, 03:53:37 PM
Heres one.. Im not sure how good they are or how much they charge.. It may be worth a shot:

Alexandria Bavarian Service (http://www.alexandriabavarian.com/)

"ABS also has re-manufactured wheels for BMW and Mini Cooper in stock, to replace your dented wheels." :nixweiss: