Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : getting the fog lights out

Jimbles
Sun, Aug-07-2005, 08:19:29 PM
How do I replace a fog light bulb on a BMW M3 without having to resort to using a chain saw to get to the damn thing?

Jamie

CameronH
Sun, Aug-21-2005, 12:46:33 AM
How do I replace a fog light bulb on a BMW M3 without having to resort to using a chain saw to get to the damn thing?

Jamie

Stick a screw driver down the outermost interior edge of the brake cooling duct, there is a whole their, and push the tab that releases the fog light.

from there it's just the bulb out of the housing, hope I helped, but it's sort of wierd to explain.

good luck

Antwerp
Fri, Aug-26-2005, 09:13:27 PM
If you don't, I'll come and steal them in the same fashion. :D

Quintessa
Fri, Sep-16-2005, 06:16:46 PM
Look in your owner's manuel that came with the car. There is a picture of how to do this. I believe it is listed under bulb replacement. There are two holes per side next to the brake duct. It is the upper hole where release trigger is located. The bottom hole is where you can adjust the aim of the light up and down. There is no adjustment for side to side. Do work delicately as all the parts holding this lamp are plastic and crack easily. It probably could have been designed a lot sturdier.

euro36gt
Fri, Apr-25-2014, 10:13:15 PM
I just did a fog light delete. problem solved lol.

Guam135i
Sun, Sep-14-2014, 09:39:42 PM
Look in your owner's manuel that came with the car. There is a picture of how to do this. I believe it is listed under bulb replacement. There are two holes per side next to the brake duct. It is the upper hole where release trigger is located. The bottom hole is where you can adjust the aim of the light up and down. There is no adjustment for side to side. Do work delicately as all the parts holding this lamp are plastic and crack easily. It probably could have been designed a lot sturdier.

Thanks

matty.
Mon, Oct-13-2014, 11:28:34 PM
Just save yourself the $ and trouble and go with the block-offs