Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : very important about the s14 engine?

B.M.W
Sun, May-08-2005, 01:21:38 PM
HI GUYS YOU HAVE A GREAT SITE AND WONDERFULL FORUM PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION ITS VERY IMPORTANT .

I WANT TO KNOW THE RATIO OF THE ( CO ) THAT GIVES THE BEST RUNING ITS NOT IMPORTANT ABOUT THE BURN FUEL I WANT 2 MAKE MY CAR GO FASTER , NOTE: I AM USING FUEL 92 THERE IS NO 98 HERE IN EGYPT..

PLEASE REPLY ME FASTER :thumbsup:

///Motorsport3 kID
Mon, May-09-2005, 04:07:02 AM
HI GUYS YOU HAVE A GREAT SITE AND WONDERFULL FORUM PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION ITS VERY IMPORTANT .

I WANT TO KNOW THE RATIO OF THE ( CO ) THAT GIVES THE BEST RUNING ITS NOT IMPORTANT ABOUT THE BURN FUEL I WANT 2 MAKE MY CAR GO FASTER , NOTE: I AM USING FUEL 92 THERE IS NO 98 HERE IN EGYPT..

PLEASE REPLY ME FASTER :thumbsup:

what?

Michelangelo
Mon, May-09-2005, 05:25:35 AM
Err... honestly I don't quite get the original question... although carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide are both existing in normal atmosphere, in most situation we only care about the oxygen to fuel ratio (or you may assume air consists of only oxygen and nitrogen for simplicity, and thus we care about the air to fuel ratio). But carbon monoxide ratio... !?

gobuffs
Mon, May-09-2005, 12:35:00 PM
Yes the CO level is important for off idle performance of the car. It doesn't really affect anything after that. It won't make you go faster. You want it to be around 0.6% IIRC and that is measured before the cats. You need to find a shop with gas tester. This is usually done the same time as syncing the throttle bodies.

B.M.W
Mon, May-09-2005, 02:12:22 PM
yes i want 2 know the ratio of the co off the idle is it 1.0 % or 1.5 % or 0.6 %