Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Who would be interested in a Track Rental???

Pages : [1] 2

donho
Sun, Feb-20-2005, 04:58:45 AM
I spoke to Lee(Mathews) and he said he would be interested in getting a track rental at Atco. For those who do not know, Atco is one of the hardest hooking(best traction) tracks on the east coast. There is a maximum amount of people that can come to one rental day. It may be 10-20. I will find out. Cost will depend on how many people we get. It will have to be a weekday and Atco will only open when temps maintain over 40 degrees. This a great chance to get to open up your cars and race them without any pressure from typical race fans. Because there not be any fans. Just drivers. Last track rental I was a part of, it was a roundy round. I made 13 passes. Typically at a drag strip, you will be lucky to get 2-3 passes in an entire night. Race gas will be available incase there are any "special" M3s. This is a "no excuse" track. If you cannot run the number here, it will not run it anywhere. Right now I just want to gauge how many people would be interested.

You can bring your own fans. Just cars that race are counted torwards the total cost. If you want to bring 2 cars you will have to pay twice. It is only fair. Thanks.

AhsanU
Sun, Feb-20-2005, 05:11:39 AM
I sure as hell would like to go but weekdays are a no-no for me :(

Hope you guys can get something started! Take pics and videos if you do :beer:

donho
Sun, Feb-20-2005, 05:34:14 AM
I am sure there will be many vids. But weekends are the only days Atco does not hold events. We would NOT want to try to rent on an Event Day. The weather will not saty cool for much longer. Etown opens in a month. It is probably as cold as possible to run right now. Best ETs possible. Lets get this together.

DaBean
Sun, Feb-20-2005, 06:19:14 AM
This may be a dumb question, but: where on the east coast is Atco?

ob3
Sun, Feb-20-2005, 11:39:03 PM
I may be interested depending on cost and if I can get enough of advance notice to take off a day!

Smoltz
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 01:46:39 AM
This may be a dumb question, but: where on the east coast is Atco?

Dirty Jersey

-Adam

mathews
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 01:50:51 AM
I'm in. Hey Jeff hows your arm feeling? :peace:

mathews
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 01:52:10 AM
Dirty Jersey

-Adam
Its in a great part of Jersey and the track is a good one!

gnk2727
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 01:54:17 AM
Go Lee. Glad to see ur not selling the M anymore, at least now right now........

mathews
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 01:56:44 AM
Go Lee. Glad to see ur not selling the M anymore, at least now right now........
How about making the trip for a track rental? Come on, I bet you could be here in 14 hours. :agree:

DaBean
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 02:06:43 AM
yea.. it'd take me at least 7... hmmmph

Smoltz
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 02:58:21 AM
Its in a great part of Jersey and the track is a good one!

"great part of jersey" ????? . :rofl2: Just kidding. Jersey isn't THAT bad. LOL. But yeah that track is pretty fun, I haven't run there, but I've been a spectator a few times. Always a good time.

Adam

donho
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 05:30:10 AM
The arm is fine. Mathews fit the SKB fine!!!!!! I do not think this is going to get off the ground. I may have to ask over on G35, Zo6 or the AMG sites.

Come on folks. All you need is a car, some cash and a helmet. It is south Jersey and there will basically be no one there except us, an ambulance and a few track people. To anyone who has stood in the staging lanes for hours waiting to get a run in, this is a dream day!!!

tonyl27
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 09:20:01 AM
this sounds very interesting... never really raced the m3 yet... good time to practice.

depending on the day I think i'm in.

tony

donho
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 07:01:35 PM
Thats all???? Come on people. Everyone on this board is up in arms when someone talks about streetracing. This is a safe controlled environment. Where else can you safely powershift 3-4 gears and hit 100+ in a standing 1/4??? Without risk of getting caught. The more we get, the less we all pay.

Idz21
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 07:04:58 PM
I'm in. Which city/town in NJ? Also, what date are we planning on doing this. I'd also need some heads up to take a day off from work.

04E46
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 07:18:33 PM
I am sure there will be many vids. But weekends are the only days Atco does not hold events. We would NOT want to try to rent on an Event Day. The weather will not saty cool for much longer. Etown opens in a month. It is probably as cold as possible to run right now. Best ETs possible. Lets get this together.

Fill me in. Will you be driving your ML?

Why will you never buy another BMW?

I would be up for track time. Where?

donho
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 08:31:45 PM
Fill me in. Will you be driving your ML?

Why will you never buy another BMW?

I would be up for track time. Where?

Nope not driving the ML. I plan to test a new racecar.

Atco raceway is located in Atco, NJ. Next to Berlin. South Jersey.

donho
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 09:04:07 PM
Ok here are the rules:
M-F as long as day is available
rental is from (9:30-4:30)
Gates will open at 9 and you must be gone by 5:30
1-10 vehicles=$1500
11-15 vhicles=$2000

You can obviously bring crew with you with other cars, but if they run they are included in cost split.

There will be race gas available if you need it.

If it is raining before the start time, we can get a raindate. If it starts raining during the session, it is up to there discretion to raindate us.

NO ONE under 17 are permitted at the rental!

Any omne interested, let me know what day of the week is best for you. I will see what we can get.

Idz21
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 09:23:55 PM
Are helmets required? Also what other safety rules are enforced. Will there be a full crew on hand?

If there's a website specific to this track and that has all this information, can you post the link?

Thanks!

mathews
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 09:30:25 PM
Are helmets required? Also what other safety rules are enforced. Will there be a full crew on hand?

If there's a website specific to this track and that has all this information, can you post the link?

Thanks!
You need a helmet, after that almost anything goes at a track rental. :dance: There is no tech inspection, not that it would matter with a new m3 anyway. PM Scott, I know he would come. I gotta see his car run now!!

donho
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 10:04:09 PM
Any helmet will work. Typically Verts going 13.99 or faster require a roll bar. But Atco allows alot of cars to run. Olny thing that sucks is they ground down the track's first 400 ft. So the traction may not be 100% top notch. It will be more then enough to hook a M3. But I am worried about my new car. We will see. I advertised on E46 forum as well.

Divexxtreme
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 10:21:40 PM
Count me in.:thumbsup:

mathews
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 10:29:29 PM
Count me in.:thumbsup:
Great!! How much time do you need Scott?

Divexxtreme
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 10:34:52 PM
Lee - My car should be back next Sunday or Monday...so anytime after that should be good. FYI...my buddy Peter's car should be back a few weeks from now as well, and I know he'd like to go too.

mathews
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 10:38:53 PM
Lee - My car should be back next Sunday or Monday...so anytime after that should be good. FYI...my buddy Peter's car should be back a few weeks from now as well, and I know he'd like to go too.
That sounds great. How did everything go? You may need a parachute Scott.

donho
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 10:45:05 PM
That sounds great. How did everything go? You may need a parachute Scott.

I know I will have one.

I have a few people from E46 coming. One guys has ten buddies who want to race. they were all waiting for Etown to open, but would rather do a private rental. Lets get this together. What day is best for you guys?

Divexxtreme
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 10:45:13 PM
LOL..we'll see about the parachute.:D

I'm just looking forward to finally being able to drive her.

mathews
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 11:08:33 PM
I know I will have one.

I have a few people from E46 coming. One guys has ten buddies who want to race. they were all waiting for Etown to open, but would rather do a private rental. Lets get this together. What day is best for you guys?
It would be nice to have a few big tire cars there so we can get some kind of surface laid down by them. Jeff thats your job, how big are the sneakers on that new ride?

BigNunz6
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 11:09:47 PM
I know I will have one.

Count me in........any day is good for me except mondays :thumbsup:

Divexxtreme
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 11:18:23 PM
The only time that won't work for me is the week of 13 March-19 March. But I'm good any other time.

donho
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 11:33:02 PM
I wish I had a big tire car. But no one races big tire cars!!! Sorry, stock suspensioned 28x10.5, not even a "w" tire!!!

One of my buddys had a 66 Chevelle Tubbed. It is not that fast(street.show ride) but he can lay down some wide patches for all of you.

mathews
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 11:38:06 PM
I wish I had a big tire car. But no one races big tire cars!!! Sorry, stock suspensioned 28x10.5, not even a "w" tire!!!

One of my buddys had a 66 Chevelle Tubbed. It is not that fast(street.show ride) but he can lay down some wide patches for all of you.
I better get off my ass and get my car ready!

Idz21
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 11:55:53 PM
So this is a drag strip only track. I thought we were talking about a full track.

mathews
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 11:57:56 PM
Just one right hander at the far end.

Divexxtreme
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 11:59:13 PM
LOL...

donho
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 12:53:04 AM
Actually Atco has 2 right handers. First one for regular cars and a second one way down near the end for "oh my god I am going to run out of track" cars.

Since there will be so few people there, feel free to take the turns as fast as you dare. Plus the return road is kind of curvy.LOL!

You can always set cones up in the parking lot and race through them. But Atco is mainly a dragstrip. 1/4 mile time to see how fast you car is.

Idz21
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 12:56:38 AM
You can always set cones up in the parking lot and race through them. But Atco is mainly a dragstrip. 1/4 mile time to see how fast you car is.
Can my car be the fastest one please? :wave:

mathews
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:03:07 AM
You can make the first pass. Then you will be the fastest for a little while.

Divexxtreme
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:06:30 AM
ROTF...:rofl2:

Nixlimited
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:09:12 AM
You should let Lee take your car for a spin down the track, then you will know what you car is capable of and then you can have a goal.

Oh wait, you have SMG...nevermind you are relegated to average 1/4 times, hehe.

Divexxtreme
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:12:36 AM
Okay Nick, you have reached your maximum amount of authorized negative SMG remarks. One more and it's "teh ban" for you.

:D

MadMacs
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:15:09 AM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have a video person amongst the group!!!
I envy you guys right now, even with mid 80's and high humidity, I was the 258th entry yesterday just in the "street tire" category!

Scott: are you having your car delivered, or will you drive it back up??

Idz21
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:18:10 AM
You can make the first pass. Then you will be the fastest for a little while.
awesome! :thumbsup: I'm brining all mods in my sig with me. Beware of teh downforce boys. It's an additional 125 horsepower I'm putting down to the ground. :peace:

mathews
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:19:32 AM
I bet we can charge a cover to see "THE BLOWN M3"

Divexxtreme
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:22:26 AM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have a video person amongst the group!!!
I envy you guys right now, even with mid 80's and high humidity, I was the 258th entry yesterday just in the "street tire" category!

Scott: are you having your car delivered, or will you drive it back up??

Macs, the car is being delivered from Miami via enclosed trailer.

MadMacs
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:24:32 AM
Macs, the the car is being delivered from Miami via enclosed trailer.
Pampered all the way!
Until you get ahold of it at least :thumbsup:

Divexxtreme
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 01:25:21 AM
Exactly.:D

gnk2727
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 04:55:19 AM
Let me see if I can get some of these IL guys to come with me. I may also have a few of my mods by then as well..........

How about making the trip for a track rental? Come on, I bet you could be here in 14 hours. :agree:

donho
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 10:20:42 AM
bump to top

donho
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 05:19:13 PM
OK I talked to a buddy of mine who a has a few friends into Saleen Stangs. He will probably get 3-4 cars.

1. myself
2. Scott
3. Lee

Are you guys locks?

I am trying to get a day ASAP. All we need is 10 for $150 each any more and we will need 13 to pay the same. Keep in mind this is a entire day. Bring spare intakes and test them out. You can try plug gaps. Whatever.You can tinker with your cars in the the lanes. No one wil be there but 10 cars and few guest. Tell me if anyone else is a lock and what days are best for you guys.

BigNunz6
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 05:25:40 PM
Tell me if anyone else is a lock and what days are best for you guys Ok...again.....count me in as a lock.......only day that is not good for me is a Monday :beer:

Divexxtreme
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 05:27:23 PM
I'm a lock as long the dates work. It can't be the week of 13 to 19 March for me, and after that would be preferred. My buddy Peter *should* have his car back from BHS by then, and if so, he might go as well.

Idz21
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 05:55:49 PM
Lock me in. I'll be driving Scott's IB ZCP. :thumbsup:

donho
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 06:10:48 PM
OK:

1. myself
2. Scott
3. Lee
4. Bignunz
5. IDZ21

6.Nick-2003 Cobra
7.Dave-Saleen 04 cobra, 360 modena, or Saleen Speedster
8.Augie(pending) S/C 351 Saleen
9.Ray(pending tow)-66 Chevelle
10. ???????

Probably best to bring a cooler with food and drinks. The concession stands will probably NOT be open. There is a WAWA about a mile down the road.

Augie cannot make tuesdays, bignunz cannot do mondays.

Keep in mind I will base your "lock" on your word. If you do not show up on date we all have to pay more. So please, if you are on the fence, let me know. Please have cash for me on raceday. I will be charging the day on my CC. They require pre payment.

Divexxtreme
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 06:22:45 PM
Lock me in. I'll be driving Scott's IB ZCP. :thumbsup:

LOL..:D

ob3
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 06:43:25 PM
Typically Verts going 13.99 or faster require a roll bar. But Atco allows alot of cars to run.

This could be a dealbreaker if they reinforce this. Assuming I can get past the finish line that quick, that is. I thought private rentals bypass this rule?

Idz21
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 06:54:21 PM
March 9th, 10th or 11th would probably be the best days. What do you guys think?

Divexxtreme
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 06:57:54 PM
I think any of those days will work for me.

donho
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 07:02:23 PM
Do not worry about NHRA rules. Even on regualr event days Atco is the most easy tech inpect ever. On rental days there is not even a tech inpect.

I have run 10.5 with no cage at Atco

I will be in just a firejacket on rental day, when I really need a full suit and neck brace.

Trust me they could care less if your vert goes 10.0 even!!!!!

One track rental I was at, I operated the tree!!!!! It is very laid back. Now one thing. If anyone blows a motor, please pull off to the side so you do not oil down the track. They will clean it up, but it takes longer.

donho
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 07:23:04 PM
OK, I am submitting paperowrk for March 9th. It seems to be the best day. I will let you know if we get confirmed.

Idz21
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 07:29:56 PM
OK, I am submitting paperowrk for March 9th. It seems to be the best day. I will let you know if we get confirmed.
Sounds good. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. :peace:

donho
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 08:34:12 PM
OK, submitted, we might have one or two spots depending on how things go.

I will hopefully hear from Atco today or tomorrow for confirmation.

BigNunz6
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 09:31:57 PM
Can one of our great moderators STICKY this thread so it's easier to check on and find info........thanks......Mike

Divexxtreme
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 10:25:54 PM
Yep. I'll move to the "Track-Racing" forum and sticky it there.

donho
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 10:49:28 PM
Ok IF Atco approves here is who we have:

1. donho(jeff)
2. mathews(Lee)
3. mathews(Lee's brother)
4. Diveextrem(Scott)
5. bignunz(name?)
6. idz21(name?)

7. Dave
8. Nick
9. Augie
10. is a toss up. Ray if he can get trailer support for his Chevelle, or Miguel's father's 68 Nova show car.

10 peeps will be $150 each. Payable to me on race day. Cash please.
If Atco approves-get there early. gates will open at 9am.We start racing at 9:30. We stop racing at 4:30pm, but must leave premises by 5:30pm

They claim each car is allowed 4 passes per hour. But that is never the case. Great time to try different rims/tires/intakes/shift points,launch RPM. There is suppose to be a scale there, but don't ask me. I have NEVER seen it.

If Atco approves PM or email me your phone numbers and real names. If you want to drop out right now, please let me know as soon as possible. If you have to backout a few days to raceday, Common courtesy would be find a replacement or pay for your share. Otherwise the rate hike will be on everyone.

Bring foods, drinks and warm clothes. You WILL be outside the entire day. Only warmth will be inside your cars!

Lee bring the digital camera. Scott might make history with the first 11 sec M3 pass?????? Is it possible? Lee might set a new record as the fastest N/A M3!!!! Oh he already is! Me? I hope I can make a clean pass down the track. New car and I never used a trans like this before, so no laughing!!!!! The Chevelle just got a new tranny and needs to be tuned. The 2003 cobra is loaded with goodies and should put up some fast times. I have no idea what Lee's bro is bringing??? Maybe a snowmobile????????????? Stay tuned. I should know by tomorrow if we are on!

Idz21
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 10:58:50 PM
I'm surprised more people aren't jumping on this.

Divexxtreme
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 11:09:08 PM
Lee bring the digital camera. Scott might make history with the first 11 sec M3 pass?????? Is it possible?

LOL...Jeff, you have a lot more faith than I do.:thumbsup: But I'll be bringing both a digital camera as well as a video camera also.

Quick question; which *unleaded* race gas do they have? 100 or 104? TIA.

Idz21
Tue, Feb-22-2005, 11:23:19 PM
Is this going to ba full fledged, starting lights working, slip printout, time board functional type track day?

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 12:30:14 AM
I'm surprised more people aren't jumping on this.

Like I have said a 100 times. Most people on this board are magazine racers who have never even seen the potential of their own cars. They live through other people's stories and read magazine data. But when asked if they want to race their own cars, you are met with answers like "I do not want to hurt my car" or "I do not do that!" or "I treat my car with respect"

For all those guys, you should have bought a 318, added rims and claimed to be a racerboy! :rofl2:

Track rentals seperate the men from the boys. I am glad we got a few on board. Gives me faith!!!

yes it will be a regular session. You leave off a .500 tree. Meaning the time between the last yellow and green in .500 seconds. Get as close to that as possible just for future reference. The timer will not start until you leave anyways. So leave when you are ready to leave, not just to cut a good reaction time. The time slip will be complete with mph and et. 60ft, 330, 1/8 mile. If you are adding mods, mph is a great way to show if you are picking up power or staying the same, or loosing power. MPH does not lie. ET can be effected by drivier skill levels and how hard you leave the line. The track is MUCH stikier then any road, so you will be able to drop the clutch at a much higher rpm without wheelspin. I think Lee does 6k. I tried 5k last time and it netted a 1.9 60ft.

Now worst case scenario-breakage. Most of your M3s are covered under warranty. We will help you push it out of the track, onto the road and you can call roadside assistance. I did that at Etown and they never questioned me about it.

To Scott, I do not know how long your drive is, but keep in mind we are trying to get there by 9am. To settle the payment, fill out tech cards and get the rules. By 9:30 I want to be wheels up leaving the line!!! Bring your camera, you might very well be the first E46 M3 in the 11 sec range!!! I bet Lee will be down there as well. Cool weather and a hard hooking track=very good ETs.

Lets just hope they approve us.

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 12:38:54 AM
I am not sure if they even sell high octane/unleaded. I will be using VP114, but will be buying it local to my house. Last track rental the fuel guy was open really late in the day. For all you 94 and under guys. Make sure you come with at least a 1/4 tank of gas. I used to race my M3 with the fuel light on. But you will be making alot of passes and 1/4 tank should be enough. Also a good idea to get your CDV removed if you still have it. Jersey guys can have Zeckhausen do it and he is local and fairly inexpensive.

I would pick up a 5 gallon jug locally and mix with 93/94 when you get there. I will ask my local guy if he has unleaded high octane. Now if you are stuck to buy octane boost in a can, use NOS brand. It is probably the only brand that bumps the octane rating up. But try to get the real thing. You can call Atco and ask them what is available

856-768-2167

Divexxtreme
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 01:21:46 AM
Fuel is the only issue I need to be concerned about. It's a 282 mile trip from my house, and I'd definitely prefer to have some 100 octane or higher octane fuel available at a pump than having to haul it in a 5-gallon container in my car.

mathews
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 03:29:20 AM
Fuel is the only issue I need to be concerned about. It's a 282 mile trip from my house, and I'd definitely prefer to have some 100 octane or higher octane fuel available at a pump than having to haul it in a 5-gallon container in my car.
Scott do you think you can make it in 5 hours? I know its a long haul but it will be great to meet you and see your car run. Thanks for being part of this...Lee

Idz21
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 04:15:34 AM
Scott do you think you can make it in 5 hours? I know its a long haul but it will be great to meet you and see your car run. Thanks for being part of this...Lee
If he goes an average of 80mph then he'll be there in 3.5 hours. Not too shabby.

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 04:40:08 AM
Check speedshops local to you. We sometimes have Raceway Stations that carry 100+octane unleaded. But it is usually 3-4 a gallon. I am sure some places where you live have it in a pump. Let me know.

BigNunz6
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 06:18:25 AM
Yep. I'll move to the "Track-Racing" forum and sticky it there.
You the man....... :beer:....By the way....BIGNUNZ6= Mike, Nice to meet ya :wave:

PoloRL57
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 07:17:05 AM
hmm interesting...i might be down depending if i can free up schedule

Divexxtreme
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 01:16:05 PM
Check speedshops local to you. We sometimes have Raceway Stations that carry 100+octane unleaded. But it is usually 3-4 a gallon. I am sure some places where you live have it in a pump. Let me know.

Ya, I have a 100 octane station 5 miles from my house. But I'm concerned about finding some on the way there and near Atco.
Mike, nice to meet you too. :beer:

Idz21
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 02:32:31 PM
I extended an invitation to Triflow (Rob). It'd be nice to see his beast of an M5 at the strip. :D

Nixlimited
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 03:51:29 PM
I wish I could come! If I still lived on the EC I would be there in a minute.

Idz21
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 04:41:10 PM
Current weather forecast for Feb 28th - Mar 4th in Atco, NJ:

Mon - Feb 28
Rain / Snow Showers
High: 44
Low: 36
Chance of Precipitation: 40%

Tue - Mar 1:
Showers / Wind
High: 51
Low: 28
Chance or Prec.: 40%

Wed - Mar 2:
Scattered Showers
High: 43
Low: 29
Chance of Prec.:30%

Thu - Mar 3:
Rain / Snow Showers
High: 46
Low: 30
Chance of Prec.: 40%

Fri - Mar 4:
Rain / Snow
High: 48
Low: 32
Chance of Prec.:60%

Hopefully this will be followed by some dry weather so when the 9th rolls around we'll have a nice dry track with nice 40s/low50s temps.

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 05:34:07 PM
hmm interesting...i might be down depending if i can free up schedule

We are basically filled for the 10 spots. But you mightbe able to get in. Lee just called me with a situation. He might not be able to find a clutch for his M3. He is trying Turner right now. If he cannot we will have one spot open.

Keep Triflow on the backburner for now. Unless we can come up with 3-4 more cars, we will have to pay more for 1-2 people.

I need to double check who is coming and verufy is Atco approved us at all.

Idz21
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 05:42:01 PM
We are basically filled for the 10 spots. But you mightbe able to get in. Lee just called me with a situation. He might not be able to find a clutch for his M3. He is trying Turner right now. If he cannot we will have one spot open.

Keep Triflow on the backburner for now. Unless we can come up with 3-4 more cars, we will have to pay more for 1-2 people.

I need to double check who is coming and verufy is Atco approved us at all.
Oh so if we say we have 10 people, we can't just bring in an 11th? I thought 10 was the minimum, and anything after that we would just keep dividing the $1,500 by 11, 12, 13 etc...

Divexxtreme
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 05:49:36 PM
I sure hope this works out. I just got done reserving a rental truck and a trailer to haul my car up to NJ. Now I just need a place to stay that's nearby. Any takers?:D

Idz21
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 06:04:01 PM
I just looked up directions from my house to Atco and it's a good 100 mile trip. Looks like I'll be up really early. Also, if anyone else in the North Jersey or NY area wants to get together and drive down I'll be all for it. Lee I know that you're a few miles north of me.

Scott - I'd offer you a bed at my house since you were kind enough to invite me to stay at your place, but I wish it was mine to offer (living with parents). However, if you can't find a place to stay I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind having you stay the night. I'll wait to see what you can find, and we get near March 9th and you can't get a spot, then you could stay here. My brother might be home from the Air Force for a little break so you two could have something to talk about.

jonam
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 06:13:02 PM
I sure hope this works out. I just got done reserving a rental truck and a trailer to haul my car up to NJ. Now I just need a place to stay that's nearby. Any takers?:D
Scott,
One quick Q for you. Where did you get the truck rental? and trailer? thanks!

Divexxtreme
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 06:27:22 PM
Pete - Thanks. I don't mind staying in a hotel, but leaving my car on top of a trailer in a hotel parking lot is what's making me nervous.

Jon - Trailer is a auto transport trailer (flat trailer, not dolly) from U-haul for $50.00 per day. Truck is a Dodge Ram 1500 with trailer hitch from Triangle rent-a-Car for $65.00 per day.

Nixlimited
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 07:13:21 PM
Scott - Why not just drive up?

And what's up with Lee? Did he finally kill his stock clutch?

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 08:07:15 PM
Oh so if we say we have 10 people, we can't just bring in an 11th? I thought 10 was the minimum, and anything after that we would just keep dividing the $1,500 by 11, 12, 13 etc...

I wish it were like that.

1-10 $1500
11-15 $2000

So unless 13+ people attend we will pay more then the original 150.

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 08:09:03 PM
I just spoke to Joe Sway-Head of operations and:

WE ARE APPROVED-MARCH 9th

I am going to verify the list. Keep in mind that any drop outs may result in a higher entrance fee for all of us.

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 08:19:39 PM
Ok here is my list. M3 owners please verify. If you are tentative, decided quickly so we can fill your spot. I will verify the Non-BMW drivers.

BMW
1.Lee(if clutch is done)
2.Lee's brother
3.Scott(killer blower)
4.IDZ21(unknown name)
5.Mike(bignunz)

Non BMW
6. Myself
7. Augie(Saleen 351 S/C)
8. Dave(Saleen 03 Cobra or 360 Modena or Saleen Speedster)
9. Nick(modded 03 Cobra)
10. Ray(66 Chevelle back halfed car) or Miguel(68 Nova show car)

BMW guys please verify with me that you are locked in.
Thanks

Scott you are welcome to crash at my place. But I live far away from Atco 70 miles or so. If parking at a Hotel. Leave the trailer on the truck. Roll M3 off and park it like a regular car right next to truck. It will draw far less attention.

jonam
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 08:32:11 PM
DivexxtremeJon - Trailer is a auto transport trailer (flat trailer, not dolly) from U-haul for $50.00 per day. Truck is a Dodge Ram 1500 with trailer hitch from Triangle rent-a-Car for $65.00 per day.
Thanks, Scott! :thumbsup:

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 08:56:06 PM
Lee call me tonight to verify. I hope you find a clutch.

Please respond to verify you are IN.

Idz21
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 09:00:25 PM
I'm in

Divexxtreme
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 09:03:58 PM
Jeff, I'm in. So which way from Atco do you live? N,S,E, or W?

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 09:11:37 PM
Jeff, I'm in. So which way from Atco do you live? N,S,E, or W?

I live in South Plainfield, NJ
Do Mapquest to Atco to get an idea.

But i live in condo so I do not know how parking a truck/trailer combo would be.

Divexxtreme
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 09:55:50 PM
You're 70 miles North of Atco. Opposite direction for me. Looks I'll be staying in a hotel.:thumbsup:

donho
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 10:30:13 PM
I need to hear confirmation from Bignunz
I will get confirm from Lee and his brother tonight
I will verify if Ray or Miguel will take the 10th spot.

I have confirm from:

Scott
Idz21
augie
dave
nick
myself

donho
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 03:15:10 AM
I need confirmation from "Bignunz"

mathews
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 03:31:58 AM
Jeff, I will know in the morning. I could not find anyone with a uuc. I am going to call Rogue and see if they can get my the flywheel and clutch asap. Sorry for not being able to give you an answer now. If you have to fill the spots I understand....Lee
PS- Smoked em at archery league last night.

Idz21
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 03:36:45 AM
Jeff, I will know in the morning. I could not find anyone with a uuc. I am going to call Rogue and see if they can get my the flywheel and clutch asap. Sorry for not being able to give you an answer now. If you have to fill the spots I understand....Lee
Dammit Lee! You better be there. You're like one of the bigger attractions. We need to see you run! :chair:

mathews
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 03:41:34 AM
Dammit Lee! You better be there. You're like one of the bigger attractions. We need to see you run! :chair:
Thanks bro.This track day is so soon but I will do all I can to be there. If it was just a week or two later :agree:

Nixlimited
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 05:22:07 AM

OK, for the second time, did you finally kill your clutch?

BigNunz6
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 05:52:41 AM
I need to hear confirmation from Bignunz
I will get confirm from Lee and his brother tonight
I will verify if Ray or Miguel will take the 10th spot.

I have confirm from:

Scott
Idz21
augie
dave
nick
myself
Count me in...im there.....about 2 hrs for me...i think....whatever im there!!!! :thumbsup:

mathews
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 12:17:15 PM
OK, for the second time, did you finally kill your clutch?
Nick its fine around town but last time at the track I could feel it slip.

Idz21
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 01:43:32 PM
Count me in...im there.....about 2 hrs for me...i think....whatever im there!!!! :thumbsup:
Us north guys should meet up in the morning and drive down together.

BigNunz6
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 02:51:04 PM
Us north guys should meet up in the morning and drive down together.
Somewhere on 95 would be very easy.... :thumbsup:

BigNunz6
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 02:54:06 PM
Thanks bro.This track day is so soon but I will do all I can to be there. If it was just a week or two later :agree:
This was my second most reason for coming to the track.........gotta see his secrets....... :nixweiss:

Idz21
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 03:18:17 PM
Somewhere on 95 would be very easy.... :thumbsup:
Sounds like a plan.

btw am I the only stock car coming? And are the other M3 guys itching to go up against the stock M3 to see if their mods were worth the $? Just don't get your hopes up gentlemen. I plan on running 10s all day long! In the 1/8 mile that is.

donho
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 05:12:30 PM
Ok spoke to Lee and he is going to tell me tonight. His brother is a lock though.

Locks

1.myself
2.Lee's brother(unknown vehicle)
3.Scott(killer blower)
4.IDz21(stocker in the 10s!)
5.Mike(bignunz)
6.Nick(modded 03 Cobra)
7.Augie(Saleen 351 S/c)
8.Dave(Saleen 03 Cobra or 360 Modena or Some other Saleen he owns)
9.Lee(pending clutch install)
10.Ray(66 Chevelle) if he can get trailer support

Standbys
11. Ritchie-Owner of my old M3

If we can get 3-4 more people we can do the 11-15 people for $2k

can any of you get another person? We need 13-15 total to pay the same.

donho
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 07:33:49 PM
Locks

1.myself
2.Lee's brother(unknown vehicle)
3.Scott(killer blower)
5.Mike(bignunz)
6.Nick(modded 03 Cobra)
7.Augie(Saleen 351 S/c)
9.Lee(pending clutch install)

Standbys
11. Ritchie-Owner of my old M3
12. Warren-(96 Cobra-Heavily modified-suspension and drivetrain)

mathews
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 09:37:56 PM
OK here is the latest. I located all the parts I need and they are on the way via red label UPS. I will be there or I will die trying. My brother however just had the closing date changed on his new home and bummer for him, its the 9th. I hope to see you all soon...Lee

donho
Thu, Feb-24-2005, 11:06:00 PM
Ok a new revised list:

Locks

1.myself
2.Ritchie-Owner of my old M3
3.Scott(killer blower)
5.Mike(bignunz)
6.Nick(modded 03 Cobra)
7.Augie(Saleen 351 S/C)
9.Lee(pending clutch install)-looking good

Standbys

11. Warren-(96 Cobra-Heavily modified-suspension and drivetrain)
12. Miguels Father's 68 Nova

mathews
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 12:16:01 AM
I'll bring food. I have a great deli that I can get a bunch of heros from. It would **** to have to leave the track to eat. One thing for sure, it will be cold enough to keep! This is going to be great!!! We have to get lots of video of this event. Oh i also have enough shoe polish (dial in juice) for everone.

Idz21
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 01:51:03 AM
OK here is the latest. I located all the parts I need and they are on the way via red label UPS. I will be there or I will die trying. My brother however just had the closing date changed on his new home and bummer for him, its the 9th. I hope to see you all soon...Lee
:fuming: Lee what the heck is going on over there? Get that clutch ready, and your brother doesn't have to be there for the closing. The wife can take care of that. Just tell her to take pictures :nixweiss:

mathews
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 02:00:47 AM
:fuming: Lee what the heck is going on over there? Get that clutch ready, and your brother doesn't have to be there for the closing. The wife can take care of that. Just tell her to take pictures :nixweiss:
We should hook up in nj and drive down together.

Idz21
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 02:06:06 AM
We should hook up in nj and drive down together.
Definitely. Right now it's me, you and Mike. We can either meet up at exit 153 off the Parkway or Exit 16W on the Turnpike.

Nixlimited
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 02:32:03 AM
I want you all to know that this is the first time I have missed the EC...Take tons of videos and I will host them all for you on my server!

mathews
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 02:33:48 AM
I want you all to know that this is the first time I have missed the EC...Take tons of videos and I will host them all for you on my server!
FLY IN FOR IT!!

Nixlimited
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 02:39:10 AM
FLY IN FOR IT!!
I actually might think about it just to drive dive's car (note: huge assumption I am making) and to see the best M3 drag racer known to man, but I will actually be in Co skiing that week :banghead:

Divexxtreme
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 03:15:29 AM
Damn guys...all this pressure. I sure hope my car performs the way everyone expects it to.:thumbsup:

mathews
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 03:28:55 AM
Damn guys...all this pressure. I sure my car performs the way everyone expects it to.:thumbsup:
I know, it would be nice to test it once at home. Scott not to add any pressure but if you run the fast pulley I bet you go 120 mph.

Idz21
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 04:51:03 AM
Damn guys...all this pressure. I sure my car performs the way everyone expects it to.:thumbsup:
ooooh yeaaaa!! The pressure is definitely on. Can Scott's SC M3 beat the 10 sec ZCP? :hmm:

Divexxtreme
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 01:15:53 PM
I don't know, Lee. We'll see, I guess. Remember, even with the fast pulley I'm still not boosting as much as Jerry is. And our cars pretty much weigh the same (my CF roof unfortunately won't be installed by the 9th).

M3 4 SPEED
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 05:26:50 PM
sounds good 2 me

Nixlimited
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 07:57:36 PM
I know, it would be nice to test it once at home. Scott not to add any pressure but if you run the fast pulley I bet you go 120 mph.

Is it that easy to switch the pulley?

mathews
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 08:53:28 PM
Is it that easy to switch the pulley?
I would hate to do it at the track. Did you ever stick your hands in there, not much room at all.

donho
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 09:36:35 PM
new list revised:

Locks

1.myself
3.Scott(killer blower)
5.Mike(bignunz)
6.Nick(modded 03 Cobra)
7.Augie(Saleen 351 S/C)
10.?pending

Standbys

11.OB1

We are all hoping Lee can get it together in time. Ray's Chevelle's valve springs were weak and he is not risking a float. So he is off the list.

Remember, you need to bring helmets and other safety equipment. Pack sandwiches and beverages. Dress warm. If you need special fuel DO NOT count on Atco pumps to be open. They claim they will be, but sometimes they are lazy.

OB1, how sure are you??? I will lock you in on the 10th spot. But I cannot count on the sale of your car. When can you be sure??

mathews
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 09:47:44 PM
Jeff I know they will spray the crap out of the track for a few extra bucks. I for one will gladly pay to have the starting line turned into fly paper.

donho
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 11:36:12 PM
Joe said they are really careful with the traction. Since they just sanded the track. It will be painted with VHT Black surface prep. Then 4 races events will go by before we get our day. He assures us that VHT will be sprayed as normal on the 60ft spot possibly as far out as the 300ft. But additional coumpound can be purchased for $20 per gallon with a max of $1200 for both lanes. But come on, we are not running 2000hp pro mods. Of traction is a problem, which mightbe due to the cold weather. We will all kick in for some additional compound. Trust me, I need as much traction as possible for my ride. I will be away for this weekend. So if OB1 is a lock, please post it. I can fing another Stang owner for number 10, but it would be nice to even the field with another M3

Idz21
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 12:40:16 AM
new list revised:

Locks

1.myself
3.Scott(killer blower)
5.Mike(bignunz)
6.Nick(modded 03 Cobra)
7.Augie(Saleen 351 S/C)
10.?pending

Standbys

11.OB1

We are all hoping Lee can get it together in time. Ray's Chevelle's valve springs were weak and he is not risking a float. So he is off the list.

Remember, you need to bring helmets and other safety equipment. Pack sandwiches and beverages. Dress warm. If you need special fuel DO NOT count on Atco pumps to be open. They claim they will be, but sometimes they are lazy.

OB1, how sure are you??? I will lock you in on the 10th spot. But I cannot count on the sale of your car. When can you be sure??
I believe that M3 4 SPEED is interested in coming as well. You could add him to the stand by list.

btw - I don't have a helmet :banghead:

And Lee said something about bringing some sandwiches from a deli around where he lives. :???:

mathews
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 12:52:51 AM
I believe that M3 4 SPEED is interested in coming as well. You could add him to the stand by list.

btw - I don't have a helmet :banghead:

And Lee said something about bringing some sandwiches from a deli around where he lives. :???:
You get a helmet and Ill bring enough food for all of us. Call Jegs or Summit and by an open face Simpson hemet.
http://www.summitracing.com/

BigNunz6
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 01:49:25 AM
You get a helmet and Ill bring enough food for all of us. Call Jegs or Summit and by an open face Simpson hemet.
I can bring drinks in a cooler.......gatorade.......snapple.......protein drinks.......carb drinks.....I will bring enough protein drinks for all....METRX RTD 40'S AND 51'S....Gotta have healthy drinks ya know!!!!! :beer:

Idz21
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 02:13:33 AM
I have a big head, how do I know what size helmet to get?

Idz21
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 02:20:02 AM
Lee,

Another thing. I noticed that the open face Simpson helmets are for those who wear goggles. I don't have goggles. Is there a chin strap on that helmet that I can secure the helmet with?

Idz21
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 02:31:22 AM
Ok, judging by this chart -> http://www.snowshack.com/helmet-chart.html I'm a size 7 helmet. Do those #s look about right?

mathews
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 03:07:47 AM
Lee,

Another thing. I noticed that the open face Simpson helmets are for those who wear goggles. I don't have goggles. Is there a chin strap on that helmet that I can secure the helmet with?
You dont need goggles lol. There is a chin strap. I used the sizing chart from summit and I got a perfect fit. The chart you posted should work fine also.http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/small/sim-lx7678w_s.jpg

Divexxtreme
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 03:35:51 AM
Lee,

LOL..."goggles". Pete, you're too funny.:D

SOURCE1064
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 04:33:31 AM
I want in. I work that day till 6 p.m. and have off thursday. What time is this going to be held? I just have to take off the snow tires and put the pilot sports back on.

mathews
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 01:44:35 PM
I want in. I work that day till 6 p.m. and have off thursday. What time is this going to be held? I just have to take off the snow tires and put the pilot sports back on.
We have the track from 9-5.

SOURCE1064
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 02:05:37 PM
We have the track from 9-5.

:banghead: Guess I'm going to miss out then.

mathews
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 02:17:34 PM
Charlie, can you swap days off at work? This is going to be huge.

Idz21
Sat, Feb-26-2005, 04:08:33 PM
:fuming: dammit! This weather's pissing me off.

Sat - Mar 5 Partly Cloudy
Low: 25
Chance of Prec: 10%

Sun - Mar 6 Snow
High: 37
Low: 27
Chance of Prec: 60%

Mon - Mar 7 Few Snow Showers
High: 42
Low: 31
Chance of Prec: 30%

SOURCE1064
Sun, Feb-27-2005, 01:05:44 AM
Charlie, can you swap days off at work? This is going to be huge.

I'll try because the new manager I have is a prick.

mathews
Sun, Feb-27-2005, 01:13:20 AM
I'll try because the new manager I have is a prick.
I understand, do your best.

mathews
Sun, Feb-27-2005, 01:17:41 AM
:fuming: dammit! This weather's pissing me off.

Sat - Mar 5 Partly Cloudy
Chance of Prec: 10%

Sun - Mar 6 Snow
High: 37
Low: 27
Chance of Prec: 60%

Mon - Mar 7 Few Snow Showers
High: 42
Low: 31
Chance of Prec: 30%
I would not even bother checking the weather this far out. Check it three days before, if still bad you can start to worry. Is it just me? I'm so pumped up to race and meet you guys, I feel like a kid at christmas.

Divexxtreme
Sun, Feb-27-2005, 02:14:18 AM
I'm definitely excited too. Man...I really hope the weather holds out.

mathews
Sun, Feb-27-2005, 09:16:12 PM
Here are directions for you guys.http://www.atcorace.com/artman/publish/cat_index_7.php

donho
Mon, Feb-28-2005, 05:14:33 AM
OK, Lee is 100% in!!!!

I have space number 10 filled as well:

M3s
1.Lee-record holder
2.Scott-killer S/C beast from VA
3.IDZ21
4.bignunz
5.Rich(my old M3)

Stangs
Augie(351 S/C Saleen)
Dave(03 Saleen Cobra or Saleen Sportser)
Nick(03 modded Cobra)
Me(90 LX "streetcar"LOL!)

Jim(2005 MB SL55 AMG-almolst 500 hp of AMG power!!)

Pray for warm days and no snow!!!!!!

Idz21
Mon, Feb-28-2005, 04:46:45 PM
Hey Lee, check out this helmet -> http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?Ntt=helmet&N=4294838970+400151+4294920502+4294894424+42949040 64&part=SIM%2D8317001&autoview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch

It's been marked down from $280 to $190. What do you think?

Edit - updated link

mathews
Mon, Feb-28-2005, 06:01:23 PM
Hey Lee, check out this helmet -> http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?Ntt=helmet&N=4294838970+400151+4294920502+4294894424+42949040 64&part=SIM%2D8317001&autoview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch

It's been marked down from $280 to $190. What do you think?

Edit - updated link
Looks good. Order it up!

Idz21
Mon, Feb-28-2005, 07:01:06 PM
Looks good. Order it up!
Just put the order in and got lucky on that one. I was able to secure the last one they had in stock. Should be here on Wed or Thur. :thumbsup:

mathews
Mon, Feb-28-2005, 10:55:50 PM
Now just get a pair of these and your all set.http://a1460.g.akamai.net/f/1460/1339/6h/www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Item/61/19/28/i611928sq01.jpg :nixweiss:

Idz21
Mon, Feb-28-2005, 11:14:54 PM
Now just get a pair of these and your all set.http://a1460.g.akamai.net/f/1460/1339/6h/www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Item/61/19/28/i611928sq01.jpg :nixweiss:
Bear Paws - check

Idz21
Tue, Mar-01-2005, 12:13:35 PM
Latest weather forecast:

Tue - Mar 8 Rain / Snow Showers
High: 40
Prec: 40%

Wed - Mar 9 Few Snow Showers
High: 38
Prec: 30%

Thu - Mar 10 Rain / Snow Showers
High: 44
Prec: 30%

Divexxtreme
Tue, Mar-01-2005, 01:07:55 PM
Latest weather forecast:
Wed - Mar 9 Few Snow Showers

Argghhh... :banghead:

Idz21
Tue, Mar-01-2005, 02:35:40 PM
Usually when looking at the weather 10 days ahead stuff will most likely change. I'm hoping that the predicted snow storms/showers will either disintegrate in the heat of the sun, or will blow over before our day comes. The percentages are low ~30/40% so it's highly likely that the forecast will change. Shoot last week they were predicting snow from March 3rd through the 7th or something - and now clear skies.

MattMan
Tue, Mar-01-2005, 04:26:14 PM

Scott: Did your car arrive?

Idz21
Tue, Mar-01-2005, 04:29:30 PM
Scott: Did your car arrive?
gewd question. pics pls :D

donho
Tue, Mar-01-2005, 06:28:09 PM
Pray for clear skies and 45+ weather.

I need warmer weather or I am crashing!!! 816 HP doesn't like cold concrete!!!

Divexxtreme
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 12:36:55 AM
Jeff,

Do we have room for one more car? Let me know ASAP please.

816 HP...HOLY SH!T!!

Idz21
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 12:39:17 AM
Jeff,

Do we have room for one more car? Let me know ASAP please.

816 HP...HOLY SH!T!!
I think it'd need to be 3-5 definite cars or nothing.

donho
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 01:19:22 AM
There is one spot open as of right now. Nick came down with what he thought was the Flu, but he is now hospitilized with Pnemonia(sp?)

I hate to give up his spot, but it looks like he will not be back on his feet by then. He did offer to pay if I could not find a replacement. Scott, do you have someone???? If so he is in.

Hey it was 816 at the crank. Only a mere 740+ at the Rear wheels.LOL!

You think an M3 compression is high??? Wait till you hear what a naturally aspirated 16 to 1 sounds like!!!

Divexxtreme
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 01:33:36 AM
Okay..the guy that bought my M5 might want to go. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Idz21
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 06:09:22 AM
You think an M3 compression is high??? Wait till you hear what a naturally aspirated 16 to 1 sounds like!!!
waiting :agree:

mathews
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 05:42:12 PM
Looks better now!http://www.weather.com/weather/extended/USNJ0014?par=yahoo&site=www.yahoo.com&promo=forecast

Idz21
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 05:44:29 PM
Looks better now!http://www.weather.com/weather/extended/USNJ0014?par=yahoo&site=www.yahoo.com&promo=forecast
Yep, that does look a lot better. When I checked it this morning I was showing Snow on both March 8th and 9th, with a 40% and 60% chance respectively.

Ideally the 7th, 8th and 9th will all be dry days.

Divexxtreme
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 05:53:46 PM
Okay...my guy can't make it. Looks like we still have an open slot.

donho
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 09:40:55 PM
OK one is still open. Anyone interested??? I do not think Ray's Chevelle will be done with the new springs in time.

Anyone???

Idz21
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 12:36:37 AM
OK one is still open. Anyone interested??? I do not think Ray's Chevelle will be done with the new springs in time.

Anyone???
Scott, can you throw up a new post in the E46 forums linking to this one asking if people are still interested. This thread got pretty big, and I'm not sure if people, other than us, are still reading it.

We basically need either 1 more, or 4-6 more people.

Idz21
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 01:12:09 AM
The 9th looks pretty damn good right now :D -> http://www.weather.com/activities/homeandgarden/home/weather/tenday-details.html?locid=USNJ0014&dayNum=7

speeds5
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 03:15:12 AM
I'd love to join you guys, but can't take off from work, girl that works with me ****ing booked a whole european vacation for next week. I would have loved to run my car there. This sounds like it'll be a hell of a time. How about you start planning another one at Atco in a few weeks? I'm definitely in for that.

///Motorsport3 kID
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 03:44:10 AM
why does it have to be on a weekday? if it was a weekend (saturday or sunday) i would be all over this....

Divexxtreme
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 04:12:21 PM
Because you can't rent the track on weekends.

Idz21
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 07:53:32 PM
Looks good to me! :D :thumbsup:

Gadgetman
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 08:38:59 PM
I thinking about going however, I still have my snow tires on. I'm new to the drag strips and would like to meet everyone.

How many cars is going so far?

What date have you decided on?

It's gonna be a 5 hour hike from Schuylerville NY.

Idz21
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 08:41:49 PM
I thinking about going however, I still have my snow tires on. I'm new to the drag strips and would like to meet everyone.

How many cars is going so far?

What date have you decided on?

It's gonna be a 5 hour hike from Schuylerville NY.
1. Right now 9 cars
2. March 9th from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

A few of us are getting together in North Jersey and driving down together. You can potentially meet up with Lee on your way down, and then meet up with myself and Mike. It'd be a nice 4 M3 drive down from that point on :thumbsup:

I'm also new to the drag scene, but this should be an excellent learning experience. We have the track to ourselves so we can do however many, or however few runs as we desire.

You should join us!

Nixlimited
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 09:53:56 PM
1. Right now 9 cars
2. March 9th from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

A few of us are getting together in North Jersey and driving down together. You can potentially meet up with Lee on your way down, and then meet up with myself and Mike. It'd be a nice 4 M3 drive down from that point on :thumbsup:

I'm also new to the drag scene, but this should be an excellent learning experience. We have the track to ourselves so we can do however many, or however few runs as we desire.

You should join us!

Don't worry...the hard part is elimated by your SMG

Mike00
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 10:52:41 PM
How many spots left? might roll down with a friend and his 993TT.

Divexxtreme
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 10:57:42 PM
Don't worry...the hard part is elimated by your SMG

In all seriousness, the way my car is now...I think it would be easier to launch if it were a 6-speed.

Nixlimited
Thu, Mar-03-2005, 11:32:28 PM
In all seriousness, the way my car is now...I think it would be easier to launch if it were a 6-speed.

Probably! I was referring to Pete.

donho
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 12:18:25 AM
OK, my buddy Ray just called and if his springs arrive tomorrow, he will be taking the 10th spot. If his srpings do not arrive, who would like to be on the back up list?

Lets verify this again, if you are on this list please chime im to verify you are locked:
M3s
1. Lee(record holder)
2. Scott(blown/alcohol killer)
3. IDZ21(10 sec killer)
4. bignunz(bringing lots of protein shakes!)
5. Ritchie(ripping my old M3, with the new tranny!)

6. Augie(Saleen 351 S/C)
7. Dave(Saleen 03 Cobra)
8. Jim(2005 SL55 AMG)
9. Myself-stock stang(LOL)

10. Pending:Ray(66 Chevelle pro streeter)

Please bring food and drinks-helmets and fire suits if necessary. And cash since we all have to square up before racing begins-if anyone DOES not show up everyone pays more to cover the empty spot. Sorry, just the way it goes.
Bring your own gas if a special blend is needed. if you need help on burnouts, ask Lee. powerbraking a stick to burnout will help 60ft times! Plus it will look good for pics and video!

Please very yourself-watch this post on Tuesday, all day. I will be in touch with track to verify we are 100% good to go.

Idz21
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 02:14:34 AM
How many spots left? might roll down with a friend and his 993TT.
Mike we're still looking for a 10th person. Right now we have someone who is a 'maybe' for the 10th spot. If you would like we can put you down as a 'maybe' as well in case the original person can't make it.

Idz21
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 02:15:14 AM
Probably! I was referring to Pete.
I'll give you something to refer to :chair: :chair: :chair:

Nixlimited
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 03:03:10 AM
I'll give you something to refer to :chair: :chair: :chair:

Don't be mad just because you don't have teh real downforce :rofl2:

Idz21
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 03:13:39 AM
So I got my helmet today but it's too small. When I put it on it squeezes the blood out of my head. When looking at helmet sizing charts they correspond a 22 inch circumference with a size 7. But the size 7 I got is way too small.

Lee - I couldn't find the sizing chart that Summit has on their website. Would you be able to link me?

Idz21
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 05:46:07 AM
Alright so after some finagling I got them to take back the helmet that didn't fit. They didn't want to take it back at first because it was a clearance item even though I was never told that the item was non-refundable, nor does their website say so.

But I went ahead and ordered a slightly bigger helmet, a 7 1/2. -> http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=bll-1853&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp Not as "cool" looking as the previous one, but whatever. It should be here on Tuesday.

Gadgetman
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 03:10:59 PM
Put me on the list, I just told my Commanding Officer that I was going down to NJ to drag my M3. My CO said to have fun!

It the date still firm for 9Mar2005?

I need the exact address of ATCO Track and who is going to Convoy? I'll be coming from Schuylerville NY near Albany NY.

donho
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 06:04:01 PM
Ok we need verification:

Please post if you are 100% in. I have at least 3-5 people in the wings so DO NOT SAY you are coming if you are not 100% sure.

Here are the verified:

1.Lee
2.Scott
3.Ritchie
4.IDZ21
5.Augie
6.Dave
7.Jimmy
8.myself(Jeff)

9.bignunz?????(waiting for verification)
10.Ray(waiting for valve springs)

I have 3-4 modded Lightning trucks in the wings.
Nick(modded 03 cobra)-Is getting approval from doctor on Monday.

So we might have 14-15 total?????

BIGNUNZ-please post your verification

Forecast looks like hell!I doubt we are on. I will know by Tuesday. If we are beat, I will try to reschedule for next Wednesday or the Wednesday after. Weather needs to be 40plus and dry. Stay tuned..................

Divexxtreme
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 06:35:59 PM
I hope we know EARLY Tuesday because I'm supposed to pick up my rental truck and trailer that day. I don't want to pick them up only to find out it's canked. Also, I can't it make the following week.

donho
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 06:59:08 PM
Scott, I will let you know ASAP. I will also reschedule for the Wednesday after. That way you can make it. After all, you are a big attraction. We all want to see you run. the 23rd will be the target date if inclement weather occurs.

Divexxtreme
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 07:06:56 PM
Jeff, that week (the 21st to 25th) will work for me. Thanks.

Gadgetman
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 07:30:21 PM
Donho,

Count me in 100% this Wednesday.

Ok we need verification:

Please post if you are 100% in. I have at least 3-5 people in the wings so DO NOT SAY you are coming if you are not 100% sure.

Here are the verified:

1.Lee
2.Scott
3.Ritchie
4.IDZ21
5.Augie
6.Dave
7.Jimmy
8.myself(Jeff)

9.bignunz?????(waiting for verification)
10.Ray(waiting for valve springs)

I have 3-4 modded Lightning trucks in the wings.
Nick(modded 03 cobra)-Is getting approval from doctor on Monday.

So we might have 14-15 total?????

BIGNUNZ-please post your verification

Forecast looks like hell!I doubt we are on. I will know by Tuesday. If we are beat, I will try to reschedule for next Wednesday or the Wednesday after. Weather needs to be 40plus and dry. Stay tuned..................

BigNunz6
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 07:40:04 PM
Donho,

Im in....Im in.....Im inImimimim ininininin......did i mention im in in in in in in imimimimimimim ininin mi mimibibnininini....lol.....IM IN :beer:

Idz21
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 08:45:37 PM
Im in....Im in.....Im inImimimim ininininin......did i mention im in in in in in in imimimimimimim ininin mi mimibibnininini....lol.....IM IN :beer:
Hell yea you're in. You and Lee are providing nourishment :D :agree:

ob3
Fri, Mar-04-2005, 11:05:50 PM
I just got the passport gt2 gtimer thingie from mendoan. In case anyone going to the track wants to play with it and see how accurate it is, let me know!

Divexxtreme
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 01:19:21 AM
Argghh. Looks like I'll be heading to the track with only 6.5 psi.:banghead:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=708401&postcount=178

Gadgetman
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 01:22:57 AM
Donho,

I'm still going but not to track my M3... Right now I still have my Snow tires and I dont have a helmet yet. I'll just spectate from the sidelines. Therefore, go ahead and remove me from the list and give it to someone who's ready.

Who's wants to convoy from NY?

Donho,

Idz21
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 04:12:54 AM
Donho,

I'm still going but not to track my M3... Right now I still have my Snow tires and I dont have a helmet yet. I'll just spectate from the sidelines. Therefore, go ahead and remove me from the list and give it to someone who's ready.

If you can get your summer tires on I'm sure that you can borrow one of our helmets. One of our sizes should fit you.

Nixlimited
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 05:04:46 AM
Argghh. Looks like I'll be heading to the track with only 6.5 psi.:banghead:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=708401&postcount=178

That's still 6.5psi more than anyone else!

Speaking of which, I just installed a new intake for my STi and all I heard was 14.5 psi of varrooooommm, psshhhhhh, varrooooom, psshhhhh... :dance:

BigNunz6
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 05:15:17 AM
Hell yea you're in. You and Lee are providing nourishment :D :agree:
No problem....got it coverd :thumbsup:

BigNunz6
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 05:17:55 AM
Donho,

Hey Gadget, where in Ny u coming from, Im leaving from bklyn threw Holland tunnel and on to 95 south....let me know :beer:

speeds5
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 07:52:45 AM
Hey Gadget, where in Ny u coming from, Im leaving from bklyn threw Holland tunnel and on to 95 south....let me know :beer:

Maybe not my business but you would be better off going through Verrazano into Staten Island express way, then to 440 South, Outerbridge, then 95 south. You'll cut right by exit 10. Saves a lot of time.

Idz21
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 02:44:30 PM
Maybe not my business but you would be better off going through Verrazano into Staten Island express way, then to 440 South, Outerbridge, then 95 south. You'll cut right by exit 10. Saves a lot of time.
yea but they still need to pick me up on the way :D Exit 16w

Gadgetman
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 02:58:33 PM
BINGNUNZ6,

I'm coming from Albany NY, probably from I95 if I can find it. Let me know where and what time we can meet up. If you have an address, that would be great coz I can put it in my GPS.

Right now, I'm getting my Summer Tires mounted but I dont have a Helmet yet. Maybe I can borrow someones helmet.

If there is room for another person, I still would like to be included in the list for the track.

BigNunz6
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 03:08:33 PM
Speed.....I hear ya on going that way, but I hate the BQE, It's filled with giant pot holes and to take it all the way to the VZ I'd probaly have no wheels left. :thumbsup:

donho
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 03:17:21 PM
Thanks Bignunz!

New list of locks:
M3
1. Lee(record holder)
2. Scott(blown and alcohol injected killa)
3. Ritchie(my old M3)
4. IDZA21(10 sec pass)
5. Bignunz(protein shakes)

Other
6. Augie(Saleen 351 S/C)
7. Dave(03 Saleen Cobra)
8. Myself(stock stang)
9. Jimmy(2005 MB SL55 AMG)

10. pending Ray and valve springs-Like I said I have Lightning trucks on hand waiting in the wings.

Seriously plan on reschedule. Look at the extended forecast. Ugly stuff. I will know for sure by Tuesday. Scott try to pick up the truck and trailer in the afternoon. I will try to get verification ASAP. Trust me guys. Even if it is clear. The cold temps will do nothing for traction and ET will be very poor. We need 40-50 weather for a decent track day. If I have to reschedule I will try for 2-3 weeks later. on a Wednesday again.

Scott that pully problem is pretty common. My buddy had a large head unit from Procharger when they first came out(Ritchie) He tried taking the pulley off to upgrade and the dammed bolts stripped as well!!!! He had to have them drilled out and retapped. They over tighten the hell out of pulley bolts and use Loctite red.

Idz21
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 03:19:29 PM
yea the weather's looking really shitty. I'm game for any reschedule time. It'd actually suit me better since I might have a hard time getting the car over 3,000 miles by the time March 9th comes around.

BigNunz6
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 03:22:31 PM
BINGNUNZ6,

I'm coming from Albany NY, probably from I95 if I can find it. Let me know where and what time we can meet up. If you have an address, that would be great coz I can put it in my GPS.

Right now, I'm getting my Summer Tires mounted but I dont have a Helmet yet. Maybe I can borrow someones helmet.

If there is room for another person, I still would like to be included in the list for the track.
Hi Gadget.....Im not sure that If you come my direction you might be going more out of your way or how much longer in time It would be for you.....my address is...### calyer st, brooklyn ny 11222. I am very close to the BQE...exit Meeker ave./ Morgan ave. From that exit it's one more exit to the Williamsburgh bride and on to the Holland tunnel. We might be able to meet some where on the NJ. turnpike. Here is my cell # 917-685-1224....Idz or anyone else who wants to meet somewhere along the TPK.......CALL AND LET ME KNOW.......thanks, Mike :thumbsup:

Gadgetman
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 04:20:43 PM
Thanks Mike...
I'll be taking I87 South to exit 15, then I287 South to I95 exit 10.
Here is my cell phone number (904)705-5509.

Hi Gadget.....Im not sure that If you come my direction you might be going more out of your way or how much longer in time It would be for you.....my address is...169 calyer st, brooklyn ny 11222. I am very close to the BQE...exit Meeker ave./ Morgan ave. From that exit it's one more exit to the Williamsburgh bride and on to the Holland tunnel. We might be able to meet some where on the NJ. turnpike. Here is my cell # 917-685-1224....Idz or anyone else who wants to meet somewhere along the TPK.......CALL AND LET ME KNOW.......thanks, Mike :thumbsup:

BigNunz6
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 04:28:58 PM
When will we know for sure on the re-schedule date.....Monday/Tuesday.....damn weather!!!!

Gadgetman
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 07:30:14 PM
Here is the link to ATCO NJ (http://www.atcorace.com/artman/publish/cat_index_11.php)

donho
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 08:24:01 PM
Brooklyn in the HOUSE!!!!!

Hey bignunz, you own a supp store??? Do you sell Isopure or Pure protein in the cans??? I would be willing to pick up a few cases if you can hook me up???

The weather is crap. I am pretty sure we are rescheduling. I will keep everyone posted.

:bow: Good Weather Gods

BigNunz6
Sun, Mar-06-2005, 03:23:16 AM
Brooklyn in the HOUSE!!!!!

Hey bignunz, you own a supp store??? Do you sell Isopure or Pure protein in the cans??? I would be willing to pick up a few cases if you can hook me up???

The weather is crap. I am pretty sure we are rescheduling. I will keep everyone posted.

:bow: Good Weather Gods
Helllllooooo, Douno. I have a gym in Bklyn and yes I have the Isopure zero carb in the bottles as far as shakes in a can.......Metrx 50 and Metrx 40s in the can.......pm me let me know, no problem carring a few extra cases along!!! :thumbsup: DAMN YOU WEATHER GODS :bs:

speeds5
Sun, Mar-06-2005, 05:27:05 AM
If you guys reschedule for 3/23 or 3/25, count me in. I can't make the 24th. I'm coming back from Cancun vacation on the 3/22 and can surely take off work on the 23rd, but not the 24th. The 25th is a holiday and I'll be off that day anyway. So yea 23 and 25 works for me.

Idz21
Sun, Mar-06-2005, 08:14:57 AM
I'm planning on taking a trip to the Atco Raceway this Sunday, March 6th. If anyone else is interested in taking a little road trip let me know. Mike, this is probably going to apply to you specifically.

I'd like to check out the road we're taking and see the track itself, but most of all I'd just like to drive :D Let me know if interested.

Divexxtreme
Sun, Mar-06-2005, 04:53:08 PM
Scott that pully problem is pretty common. My buddy had a large head unit from Procharger when they first came out(Ritchie) He tried taking the pulley off to upgrade and the dammed bolts stripped as well!!!! He had to have them drilled out and retapped. They over tighten the hell out of pulley bolts and use Loctite red.

Finally got that damn thing:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=709305&postcount=204

Idz21
Sun, Mar-06-2005, 06:51:07 PM
BTW, address to the Atco Race way is:

1000 Jackson Rd
Atco, NJ 08004-1235

Idz21
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 03:22:31 PM
Damn, today would've been a nearly perfect day to do our track rental. Temp's in the 50s. Clear skies. Humidity at 40% - probably a little high, but good temps.

Looks like Wednesday's going to be a clear day, but cold and probably not enough sun to dry away the crap that's goin to accumulate during Tuesday.

BigNunz6
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 04:10:29 PM
Damn, today would've been a nearly perfect day to do our track rental. Temp's in the 50s. Clear skies. Humidity at 40% - probably a little high, but good temps.

Looks like Wednesday's going to be a clear day, but cold and probably not enough sun to dry away the crap that's goin to accumulate during Tuesday.
Yeah it's always like that,,,,,so are we still on for Wed. or are we moving the date???? :nixweiss:

donho
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 05:51:27 PM
We are delaying the race day!

I spoke to Joe Sway and he said today is fantastic. But tomorrow will be bad and Wednesday will be cold and runoff might not dry off. Joe said next Wednesday is open, the 23rd is NOT! But we can do a tuesday or thursday on that week.

Tell me what is best for all of your schedule. I am suppose to call Joe back this afternoon with a new date.

Scott, cancel your rental trailer. What week is a no go for you?

Lee, get you car into the shop for gear install

Bignunz keep those protein shakes on ice

We will get this going if it kills me!

I personally prefer next wednesday, but you guys see what is best for you.

Jeff

Idz21
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 05:56:11 PM
I believe that next Wednesday is no good for Scott. Since the Wed. after that, March 23rd, is booked, I can do Tuesday, March 22nd, or Thursday, March 24th. I believe those dates are good for Scott as well.

Divexxtreme
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 06:14:05 PM
Ya, next week is an absolute no-go for me. I can do anyday during the week of 21-25 March though.

donho
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 08:57:34 PM
OK how about the 30th?

We can have 3 weeks to prepare, plus the weather should be better by then?

thought????

Divexxtreme
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 08:58:48 PM
Works for me.:thumbsup:

Idz21
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 09:08:10 PM
Is there any way to do it on the 22nd or the 24th? The 30th would be quite a sensitive day for me to take off.

BigNunz6
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 11:08:25 PM
30th works for me too!!!!

donho
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 11:11:30 PM
I would love to get a track rental sooner, but my work will not allow it.

Lets shoot for the 30th.

Idz21
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 11:18:22 PM
I would love to get a track rental sooner, but my work will not allow it.

Lets shoot for the 30th.
So it's all about you, huh?! But yea, hopefully I'll be able to get my stuff done in order to take off on the 30th. We usually move new updates and such to Production at the end of each month, which is why it's difficult to take those days off, but I'll try.

mathews
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 11:24:29 PM
See you guys on the 30th.

Nixlimited
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 01:26:25 AM
Damn it...I was looking forward to the results.

BigNunz6
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 06:12:01 AM
See you guys on the 30th.
WOW, this is great...my front lip will be ready to be put on by then. I heard it adds about 10-12 HP........WAHOOOOOO CANT WAIT :agree:

Idz21
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 01:47:39 PM
Scott,

Will you have your CF roof on by the 30th? :???:

Divexxtreme
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 01:57:42 PM
I have the roof, but I probably won't have it installed by then. Need to save up. It's going to cost a pretty penny.

Idz21
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 02:00:29 PM
I have tghe roof, but I probbaly won't have it installed by then. Need to save up. It's going to cost a pretty penny.
For the labor? How much do you think that'll run? Also, any idea on the amount of time that a job like this will take?

Idz21
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 02:21:44 PM
Alright so here we go. For March 30th:

Sunrise Sunset...Avg.High Avg.Low Mean RecordHigh. RecordLow
5:47AM 6:22PM ...59F.......35F....47F 90F (1998) 21F (1964)

BigNunz6
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 02:51:37 PM
Alright so here we go. For March 30th:

Sunrise Sunset...Avg.High Avg.Low Mean RecordHigh. RecordLow
5:47AM 6:22PM ...59F.......35F....47F 90F (1998) 21F (1964)
Idz....your nutz!!!!hahaha :thumbsup:

Idz21
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 02:58:16 PM
Idz....your nutz!!!!hahaha :thumbsup:
It's never too early to start speculating :D

Gadgetman
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 04:31:03 PM
So the track is rescheduled for March 30, 2005. I should be able to make it.

Divexxtreme
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 04:35:57 PM
Darren, do you plan on bringing your car?

Gadgetman
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 06:53:23 PM
Scott,

Yeah, I'm bringing my M3. This will be my first track event. I hope to learn alot from everyone.

Darren, do you plan on bringing your car?

donho
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 07:58:28 PM
OK, Jimmy(2005 SL55 AMG) will not be attending on the 30th-He will be in Fl.

I will not bother compiling a list until later.

donho
Wed, Mar-09-2005, 07:14:44 PM
OK, I just to be fair, I will be giving anyone who was locked or on the waiting list first dibs.

Here is what I have locked so far:
M3
1. Lee(record holder, may have gears and skinnys!)
2. Scott(killa blown/alcohol injected )
3. IDZA21(weatherman)
4. bignunz(Supplier of protein drinks and killer diffuser)
5. Ritchie(my old M3)
OTHER
6. Augie(Saleen 351 S/C)
7. Dave(2003 Saleen Cobra)
8. Nick(will be fully recovered and was cleared by his doc)-Modded 03 Cobra
9. myself(stock mustang-LOL!)
10. Ray(66 Chevelle-should have springs in by then)

Wait list:
11. Gadgetman
12. Lightning Brother #1
13. Lightning Brother #2
14. Lightning Brother's friend(G35 coupe)
15. OPEN(maybe Jimmy if his FL trip is cancelled)(2005 SL55 AMG)

Now if the 10 people are all locks and Gadgetman is a lock. I am sure the Lightning boys will come. We can do 14 cars@143.00 each. If we get 15 total we will be paying 133.33 or 134.00 to make it easier. So maybe we have room for one more. Just keep in mind that 15 cars will obviously limit your runs compared to 10 cars.

Idz21
Thu, Mar-10-2005, 12:55:31 AM
Now if the 10 people are all locks and Gadgetman is a lock. I am sure the Lightning boys will come. We can do 14 cars@143.00 each. If we get 15 total we will be paying 133.33 or 134.00 to make it easier. So maybe we have room for one more. Just keep in mind that 15 cars will obviously limit your runs compared to 10 cars.
We have 7 hours of track time. How long does 1 run take approx? - from start to finish... like tirewarmup, line set etc....

Divexxtreme
Thu, Mar-10-2005, 12:56:23 AM
With only 10 cars? About 2 minutes or so. If that.

Idz21
Thu, Mar-10-2005, 12:58:45 AM
With only 10 cars? About 2 minutes or so. If that.
then we should be able to get plenty of runs, even if we had 20 cars there the whole day.

20 cars = 10 runs
10 runs * 2 mins each = 20 minutes to recycle all cars
7 hours * 60 minutes = 420 minutes
420 minutes \ 20 minutes = 21 runs each

Divexxtreme
Thu, Mar-10-2005, 01:00:23 AM
I can't imagine doing more than 10 runs in my car all day.

donho
Thu, Mar-10-2005, 02:04:01 AM
Last track rental I was at, I had a customers car I just built and made 13 passes in it dialing it in. But that was a streetcar. I only intend to make 3-5 passes in my car on that day. I have an extremely high maintinance motor, so 3-5 passes is all I need or dare do without maintinance.

Divexxtreme
Thu, Mar-10-2005, 02:05:32 AM
Ya, now I'm thinking maybe 5 at most for me. I'll know what I can run by that point. I'l enjoy watching everyone else run their cars.

Idz21
Thu, Mar-10-2005, 02:17:20 AM
Ya, now I'm thinking maybe 5 at most for me. I'll know what I can run by that point. I'l enjoy watching everyone else run their cars.
Yea I'm thinking we'll have plenty of time to bullsh!t and get our runs in. Don't need to rush.