Friday April 15th, 2005

Destination: Friday, arrival E.T.A. 11:30 PM Eastern
Sleep Inn, Suites
1891 Evelyn Byrd Ave
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Main Phone: 540-432-3031
Fax: 540-433-7100
-----------------
Depart Point B: Friday, time 7:00 PM Eastern.
Farm Fresh
2868 Virginia Beach Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452 Ė Right off the Lynnhaven Pkwy Exit
Depart Point A: Friday, time 7:30 PM Eastern
ODU Main Parking Lot, Behind WEBB Centre. Hampton Blvd, Norfolk VA, 23508

Details: We depart Farm Fresh parking lot across from Checkered Flag Audi/Porsche at 7:00pm. Check to make sure you have snacks, drinks, band aids, charged cell phone, spare battery if available and a -2 Way Radio- set on an agreed upon channel. Also check vehicle. Make sure tire pressure is proper for increased weight of luggage, windshield washer fluid is full, gas tank is full with 93 octane as altitude effects fuel mileage. Make sure you have a VA Map or a copy of our destination and Alternate Route. My cellular is 757 6.3.9.2465-Robô. If it does rain, which is possible, we will attempt to maintain no more than 70 M.P.H. because the roads will be dangerous. Turboed/Supercharged vehicles should lower boost for safety and reliability. Bring along a basic tool kit. I will have mine, but two would be good incase we are separated for any unforeseen reason. Stops will be made for refueling to Full Gas Tank and restroom/food breaks. Each stop offers 93 Octane, food and restroom facilities.
Fuel Load: Usually fill up is 2 full tanks for this class of trip. Pricing for fuel, currently $2.25 Gal. For 93 Octane.

Fees/Roomstay: DO NOT SMOKE in the NON-smoking rooms, they Kick you OUT!
$72 per night for 2 x DOUBLE BEDS NON-smoking. This room sleeps 2 people or possibly 2 couples. We donít plan on telling the front desk we have 4 people in one room!
$78 per night for 1 x KING BED NON-smoking. comfy bed, nice room.
$78 per night for 1 x KING BED SMOKING. Well, you CAN smoke in this one.
These rates of course can be split between the roomies in the room however you see fit. Please plan accordingly.

While Driving Details: While driving on this Tour, there are roadways where speeds in excess of xx M.P.H. are attainable. Please exercise caution when approaching these speeds and try to do so in a respectful manner to other drivers. Use your radios to communicate any abnormal action so we may be prepared. After all, Touring is no fun if you canít push your vehicle.

RETURN: Sunday April 17th, 2005
Time: 2PM
Expected 757 Arrival Time 7:30PM Eastern.
Weather Almanac Appears Clear the whole weekend.

:shiftdriv

SpeedSyck
Wed, Feb-16-2005, 09:00:04 PM
Dining:
Alstonís Pub
Bob Evans
Buffalo Wild Wings-awesome food
Calhounís Brewery
Finniganís Cove
Highland Pavilion
Outback Steakhouse-awesome food
Red Lobster

Activities:
This Sleep Inn is located approximately 25 miles from Blue Ridge Parkway and 15 miles from Shenandoah Valley Airport. The inn is also 12 miles from Endless Caverns, 13 miles from Massanutten Ski Resort, and 30 miles from Luray Caverns.10 Miles from Shenandoah Valley Mountain Roadway.

Convenience Stores:
Wal-mart open 24 hours a day
Sheets Gas Station w/93 Octane
Circuit City
Staples
Aceís Hardware

Food/Eateries: Average prices are as follows. McDonalds- $5 for a full meal. Taco Bell $6 for a full meal. Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Wild Billís Ė bring $20 per person to make sure youíre covered.

~~>Our Itinerary for Friday Night: 8 PM, visit some local stores, Eat, and then Drive to scenic destination and finally Hwy X! Return to the hotel and commence with the drinking of the alcohol. No more driving unless itís by the designated driver!

goob_os101
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 12:29:12 PM
Maybe a tour of DC ///M3 style. I think thats a great Idea. We can go for a cruise around the DC area(monuments, ect...), go eat and hit the clubs at night. It would be awsome to roll up to the club with a group of ///M3's... Like on my wedding night we went to club HOME and we pulled up in My ///M3 parked in front of the club got vallet parking and VIP...I felt like a star. It was great to watch all the ppl in line as their jaws dropped. Let me know if this is good.

Sirius
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 04:39:55 PM
When are you all planning to come up here? You should come up when the cherry blossoms come out. Although DC gets packed when that happens.

zivilyn861
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 07:10:30 PM
When are you all planning to come up here? You should come up when the cherry blossoms come out. Although DC gets packed when that happens.

I agree... I think the cerry blossoms should be coming out in 3-4 weeks? I know the festival and all that stuff is coming up at the end of March. If you guys decide to do a drive, I'd be up for catching you somewhere along the way.

Going into DC may be fun, but how are the roads in there? I usually just metro in, and I've heard some bad things about the quality of district roads.

Sirius
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 09:27:11 PM
I agree... I think the cerry blossoms should be coming out in 3-4 weeks? I know the festival and all that stuff is coming up at the end of March. If you guys decide to do a drive, I'd be up for catching you somewhere along the way.

Going into DC may be fun, but how are the roads in there? I usually just metro in, and I've heard some bad things about the quality of district roads.

I'll ask my pops about road quality. He's been working in downtown dc for about 15 years now heh.

E90_GEN
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 09:51:53 PM
are accords welcome? I can be the camera guy.

Sirius
Wed, Feb-23-2005, 10:58:24 PM
are accords welcome? I can be the camera guy.

Hehe, fine by me. You can borrow one of my spare Roudels for the day. ;)

SMOK3
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 04:16:09 PM
I was just doen in the 757 (Norfolk/VA Beach) area a couple of weeks ago. Post on the boards when you are coming up, I am ready to do something... this winter thing sucks! I never thought I would miss ATL...

Wheel[One]

zivilyn861
Fri, Feb-25-2005, 04:51:09 PM
I was just doen in the 757 (Norfolk/VA Beach) area a couple of weeks ago. Post on the boards when you are coming up, I am ready to do something... this winter thing sucks! I never thought I would miss ATL...

Wheel[One]

Ooh yeah I hear you there. I just moved here from Atlanta last June, and I'm not liking the winter at all. Stupid snow needs to stay away. :chair:

zivilyn861
Sat, Mar-05-2005, 07:25:27 PM
Sounds good. I should be in for any drives that come into the NoVA area.

chrisho
Sun, Mar-06-2005, 03:53:21 AM
I am planning something now.
1 day touring.

and a 2 day tour near skyline drive and 56W

anyone been to 56 W?

where in ghent are you located? i might have seen you around. i'm in ghent also...Ti silver M :wave:

vrsixer
Sun, Mar-06-2005, 02:31:45 PM

You're right to question the road quality. I've worked downtown for 6 years and its torn my car up. Get this, just 3 days ago I'm merging onto 395 in south east, run over something on the road. Not sure what it was but it made tons of noise. Well, as I'm almost home, I notice my temp gauge is way high and there's now smoke coming out from under my hood. I drive it straight to the shop. Come to find out that something got thrown up underneath the car, broke the radiator fan blades off. One of the blades punctured the radiator.

Well, $1000 and I have my car back now. So to answer your question about the road quality, it SUCKS!!!!! :banghead:

zivilyn861
Sun, Mar-06-2005, 09:44:56 PM
You're right to question the road quality. I've worked downtown for 6 years and its torn my car up. Get this, just 3 days ago I'm merging onto 395 in south east, run over something on the road. Not sure what it was but it made tons of noise. Well, as I'm almost home, I notice my temp gauge is way high and there's now smoke coming out from under my hood. I drive it straight to the shop. Come to find out that something got thrown up underneath the car, broke the radiator fan blades off. One of the blades punctured the radiator.

Well, $1000 and I have my car back now. So to answer your question about the road quality, it SUCKS!!!!! :banghead:

Ugh, that's horrible... sorry to hear that man. :banghead: I hate hearing about things like that. On a side note, you wouldn't happen to work in Tyson's Corner, would you? There's an e36 similar to yours that parks in my parking lot, but I've never seen who the driver is.

I know from driving back in Atlanta to question any city roads. I'd still be up for almost anything that people would like to do though.

vrsixer
Mon, Mar-07-2005, 03:32:19 PM
Ugh, that's horrible... sorry to hear that man. :banghead: I hate hearing about things like that. On a side note, you wouldn't happen to work in Tyson's Corner, would you? There's an e36 similar to yours that parks in my parking lot, but I've never seen who the driver is.

I know from driving back in Atlanta to question any city roads. I'd still be up for almost anything that people would like to do though.

Nope, not me. I work in DC... wish I worked in Tysons though... :thumbsup:

Doctorjones
Wed, Mar-09-2005, 08:25:11 AM
Hey guys... grew up in Great Bridge. My parents are still there, but I'm in RI now. If there's anything going on when I go down to visit later on this year, I'd be happy to meet up...

Black Sunshine
Mon, Mar-14-2005, 03:53:50 AM
You live in Ghent? Me too.

flagger
Wed, Mar-23-2005, 01:14:28 PM
Maybe a tour of DC ///M3 style. I think thats a great Idea. We can go for a cruise around the DC area(monuments, ect...), go eat and hit the clubs at night. It would be awsome to roll up to the club with a group of ///M3's...

Bring your pot hole wheels with you

SpeedSyck
Mon, Apr-04-2005, 11:12:46 PM
Updated- final info in first post.