Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: JHU Spring Fair Car Show 2005

JCz04Bimmer
Wed, Feb-16-2005, 07:06:17 PM
***OFFICIAL NOTICE***

First Annual
Johns Hopkins Spring Fair Car Show

Please read this all. This should be an awesome event!

For some time now, I've been trying to organize a car show to take place on my college campus. Well, after lots of meetings and maneuvering, I was able to secure an excellent location to hold a car show to include 100 vehicles to include categories such as Exotics, European Imports, American Muscle, and Trucks. I had initially wanted to show to be much larger, but 100 is what I've been given to work with.

Onto the details. The car show will take place either on Saturday, April 30 or Sunday, May 1. The final date will be set shortly after I negotiate some final issues. The show will be set up similar to other shows. There will be a $15 fee for all cars attending the show. You will NOT be able to show your car if you do not register prior to the date of show and there will be NO DAY-OF REGISTRATION. This is simply because I need a definitive number of cars that'll be in attendance before the day rolls around. A percentage of the profit made from the show will go to Tsunami Relief Funds. The percentage will be somewhere in the 50% range and the rest will go towards organizing the next car show and making it even bigger and better. The show will start at 10AM and roll-in will start at 8:30AM and continue until the start of the show. A schedule will be given to all those attending when the date gets closer. However, to give you a sneak peak at what we have planned... There will be judgings made in categories to be determined. For the winners, there will either be cash prizes of some amount to be determined or, hopefully, attending vendors will donate prizes to give out to people. The show will end at around 2PM. Throughout the show, there'll be raffles being held.

Now, one of the main draws to attending this show are all of the festivities that will be going on during the day around the show. If you aren't familiar with Spring Fair, it is an absolutely massive thing in the Baltimore area. There will be vendors selling crafts and artwork and tons of food being sold. There are bands that play throughout the relatively small campus and its a very very festive atmosphere. There are carnival rides and attractions for the kids and a beer garden for everyone else. I am working on negotiating getting all those who register to attend free passes to get food and drinks. On Saturday night, there is even a big name concert where in the past we've brought names like The Roots, Blackalicious, Ben Folds, and Guster. Basically, I cannot even begin to put into words how much of a fun time this weekend is. And, luckily, the car show will be right in the middle of the action. The lot we will be using is a 10 second walk from all the attractions. It is literally in the middle of it all.

Because only 100 cars will be allowed to attend, your car will be subject to approval. Now, don't fret if your car isn't heavily modified or whatever. Send in a picture of your car, trust me, we are not going to be overly discerning. We simply need the ability to limit the number of cars based on what we've been alotted. Also, I hope to bring vendors from the area. So if you know people, get in touch with them. There are THOUSANDS of people that come to Spring Fair every year.

PLEASE forward this information to any friends that have awesome cars. We want them to come! Also, PLEASE post about this in any of the other forums you may be active in. I am going to post in 6speedforums.com to get the Porsche guys and maybe some Viper forums and similar areas. But word of mouth is the BEST publicity.

To summarize:

When: Saturday, April 30 OR Sunday, May 1
Where: Johns Hopkins University, Garland Parking Lot
Who: Exotics, European Imports, Asian Imports, American Muscle, Modified Trucks, or anything interesting!
Etc:

Pre-registration is required. The cost will be $15. You will be able to pay through PayPal or Certified Check or Money Order. Details to come. Up to 50% of the profit will go to benefit Tsunami victims.
All cars participating must arrive before 10AM. All cars arriving afterwards without forewarning and legitimate reason will not be admitted and no refund of registration fee will be offered.
Once the car show starts, if you wish to leave, you must notify a staff member so that they can guide you out safely.
With registration, you receive free parking (obviously) which, on that day, can be valued up to $50. You also receive two raffle tickets. Also, a goodie bag will be put together and handed out when you first arrive. Prizes will accompany any honors your car received. Categories and prizes will be determined.
You may arrive with as many passengers as you'd like. Admission is free to the public. The $15 is only for your car. There is plenty of parking around the campus for anyone who wishes simply to attend.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SHOWING YOUR CAR, PLEASE POST YOUR NAME ON A LIST BELOW. ALSO, THEN PLEASE EMAIL ME AT jcovit@gmail.com WITH THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT HEADER AND ATTACH A RECENT PICTURE:

Car Show, Full Name, Forum Name, Car Type

The photo need not be anything wild and crazy. Just something that me and my board can look at! Please feel free to email me with any questions and check back often for updates as many of the final details will be completed within the next week or so.

95blkbimm3r
Wed, Mar-02-2005, 03:27:19 AM
have you decided on a date yet?