Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : NoVA safety inspection locations..

zivilyn861
Fri, Feb-11-2005, 03:26:34 PM
So I'm planning on bringing my M out to get its safety inspection today, and I'm wondering if anyone has any good places in the Northern VA area that they trust.

I realize it may be a bit over-protective, but since the gas stations near my house mention that "our employees MUST drive the car into the bay," I'm a bit worried that they won't understand SMG. For some reason I've noticed that quite a few people don't understand how to get the car in and out of gear, much less start it. I'm sure they won't be too happy with me trying to teach them how to drive what they perceive to be a normal car.

I think most dealerships should be able to do it, but I assume I'd need a 2 week appointment with them and I need to get this done soon.

If anyone knows of any places that they trust, please let me know. I can just see these guys jerking the SMG lever back and forth trying to get the thing moving! :chair:

Sirius
Fri, Feb-11-2005, 05:12:13 PM
The Shell station right across the street from BMW of Fairfax. (Corner of Lee Highway (Rt 29) and Prosperity Ave) BMW takes their cars there to get them inspected, so they see BMW's all the time.

When I took mine there for my inspection, I didn't even get out of the car. The guy checked just lights and thats it really heh. And I even have euro headlamps and passed. He really didn't check brakes and whatnot.

zivilyn861
Fri, Feb-11-2005, 05:15:34 PM
Thanks! That's what I like to hear. I'll take a drive over there to have it done.

Sirius
Fri, Feb-11-2005, 05:35:03 PM
:D :) :thumbsup:

Actually, I am heading down in that general direction in a few minutes. (Need to stop by the metal shop next to BMW of Fairfax's body shop)

Fri, Feb-11-2005, 07:28:41 PM
Shell station failed me because of gentle crack in my A/C belt. If you have problems, PM me.. I know a place you drive in, pay $$. and drive away...

zivilyn861
Fri, Feb-11-2005, 08:47:13 PM
Shell station failed me because of gentle crack in my A/C belt. If you have problems, PM me.. I know a place you drive in, pay $$. and drive away...

Thanks, but I just got it done so it won't be necessary. I appreciate it though. :thumbsup:

Actually, I am heading down in that general direction in a few minutes. (Need to stop by the metal shop next to BMW of Fairfax's body shop)

Hmm, I guess I missed you. I was driving around that area for a bit this afternoon. But I generally stay more around Tyson's anyway, as I work in the area. Hopefully we'll catch each other at some point soon; probably at the fairfax meet in a couple weeks. :peace: