Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : '03 M3 and XM Radio?

tsmithmd
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 11:51:13 PM
I know I have read here that xm radio can be added to the M3 using some sort of cable and box. Does that hold true for the 03 M3? No Nav or CD changer...correct?

M3Tech
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 12:15:17 AM
I know I have read here that xm radio can be added to the M3 using some sort of cable and box. Does that hold true for the 03 M3? No Nav or CD changer...correct?

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzbmwminisld01.html

mrroute66
Mon, Jan-31-2005, 02:36:49 AM
Does anyone know if XM Radio can be a dealer install option for the M3? I've grown quite attached to the service and would like a clean install on my ZCP on order. I did the Delphi Skyfi II on my current car which looks really amateurish.

I just realized that BMW Assist I ordered might mean I'll have to have 2 shark fin antennae (if XM is added)?

Oh, and I didn't order the CD changer so the above product probably won't work.

M3Tech
Mon, Jan-31-2005, 03:58:47 AM
1)Does anyone know if XM Radio can be a dealer install option for the M3? I've grown quite attached to the service and would like a clean install on my ZCP on order. I did the Delphi Skyfi II on my current car which looks really amateurish.

2)I just realized that BMW Assist I ordered might mean I'll have to have 2 shark fin antennae (if XM is added)?

3)Oh, and I didn't order the CD changer so the above product probably won't work.

1) No... Sirius is the OEM Radio satellite tuner.

2) No... The Assist antenna is for cellular phone not for Sat Radio.

3) No... it does not matter if you have CD Changer or not the adapter above will work.