Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Already things broken on my M3

Kuroshi
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 07:45:25 PM
Nothing major but my passenger side view mirror keeps turning down on it's own. And now I can't make it go back up. It will go left and right and down but not up. Also, maybe I didn't have the door closed well but there was no open door indicator. As I was driving today I heard it pop and the door open indicator came on. Somehow the door popped open a little. That was kind of scary. Anyone else have anything like this happen? Only 6K miles on my car.

M3_0803
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:34:10 PM
take it to your dealer for a check. thats weird...
what year is your car?

DaBean
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:50:05 PM
it's haunted!

torresmd
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:58:42 PM
It is posessed!!!!!

Kuroshi
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 09:54:15 PM
It is posessed!!!!!

NOOooo don't say that. =) I've been making a list of things that need to be checked/fixed. Sadly these aren't the things you want to have on a new car.
The car is a 2004 with 6k miles. When I bought it it was dark out so I missed a lot of little details. Here's the list so far which is relatively minor but annoying all the same.

~ Side view mirror won't work. Passenger side
~ Radio Antennae didn't really work. (The night I drove it home it kept going to static on all the local radio stations)
~ Front bumper one side off the clip!
~ Ink stain on the back seat!!
~ 24 Roadside Assistant pack in trunk missing tools.

I also noticed there's no spare tire. Is that normal?

MLINER
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 10:09:13 PM
take it to the dealer and see what they say

AhsanU
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 10:28:57 PM
Definately take it to your dealer. I've never had those problems in my '04 nor have I heard of those problems in any other model.

outpost22
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 10:31:32 PM
I believe the passenger mirror is supposed to lower when you put the car in reverse. At least it does in my B-i-l's 530. I'd check my M3 for you, but it's STILL IN THE BODY SHOP GOING ON WEEK #6. :banghead:

TXwoody123
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 10:55:33 PM
The toolbox is supposed to be missing a couple of tools. (maybe its just one)

BigGrin
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 10:57:38 PM

yep, thats normal.

I believe the passenger mirror is supposed to lower when you put the car in reverse. At least it does in my B-i-l's 530. I'd check my M3 for you, but it's STILL IN THE BODY SHOP GOING ON WEEK #6.

It depends which side you have the mirror selector switch set to.

BMW F1
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 11:02:33 PM
Make the list, hit the dealership up on Monday, get a loaner for a few days and just relax....... Spare Tyre = M Mobility Kit, check out your M Manual for more details.
All the best.
Adam.

flybigjet
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 11:12:49 PM
I believe the passenger mirror is supposed to lower when you put the car in reverse.

To make this work you need a) power seats and b) the mirror control switch needs to be in the "passenger mirror" position. R.

flybigjet
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 11:19:21 PM
NOOooo don't say that. =) I've been making a list of things that need to be checked/fixed.
~ 24 Roadside Assistant pack in trunk missing tools.

The M3 toolkit housing is the same as the one use on normal e46's, but it comes with significantly fewer tools- the M3 doesn't come with any tools required to change a tire (lug wrench, jack, etc).

And no, there is no spare tire, as the trunk floor had to be pushed up to accomodate the boat anchor of an exhaust. You'll find a can of goop and a baby air compressor in it's place. You can buy a spare tire kit (which comes in handy on occasion) here:

http://leatherz.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=01&Product_Code=SpaceSaverSpare&Category_Code=

I throw it in the trunk and secure the tire with the cargo net if I'm going to go somewhere out of the local area.

Hope it helps. R.