Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : x + s + supersprint exhaust

savannah
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:14:11 PM
who here recently has heard or has this setup? i have the supersprint exhaust and like the tone but want to add more. looking at the x and s pipe for the benefit of tone and hp.

my only decision is between the x pipe with resonator and x pipe without used with the s pipe. most vendors say i should get the x pipe without. some members have recommended with the resonator. i don't know which to get.

i want louder, deeper more aggressive tone. but if the x pipe without makes the rasp too loud then maybe that is not good. i have been told the resonator will tone the rasp down. but will it do it too much? and take away from the sound? i don't want to spend over a grand to have stock sounding midpipes...

all those who have heard please chime in a value your opionions.

s + x pipe without -will the rasp change to a more pleasing rasp? louder more aggressive? to high pitched? to noisy? to loud? to annoying?

or will the s + x pipe with resonator sound deeper and more suble more v-8 like if i can say that. obviously its not a v8 and i am not trying to compare.... but you get the point. or will it sound like the oem midpipes?

GHOSTRIDER
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:16:48 PM
If you get the X, get the non-res one.

the next decision you have make is if you are going to eventually want the headers.
then your options are:

SS Headers, Race cats, x pipe, exhaust
or
SS Headers, s pipe (NO CATS), x pipe, exhaust

savannah
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:19:35 PM
If you get the X, get the non-res one.

the next decision you have make is if you are going to eventually want the headers.
then your options are:

SS Headers, Race cats, x pipe, exhaust
or
SS Headers, s pipe (NO CATS), x pipe, exhaust

thanks for input. i will not be getting the headers. too much $$$$
will stick to the s and x pipe plus exhaust.

why x without?

GHOSTRIDER
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:22:14 PM
i had that setup on my 02 so I understand.

non res is just less restrictive thats all. the rasp will be there reguardless.

GHOSTRIDER
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:24:01 PM
sound is noticably deeper with both midpipes and the increased airflow is apparent.

n2speedn
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:46:36 PM
I have the this set up without the res. I like the sound, but you deffinetly increase the rasp. I am still looking to get the ss race cans for a bit more noise though. I first have to stop dumping the money into my M5.

savannah
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 09:07:07 PM
I have the this set up without the res. I like the sound, but you deffinetly increase the rasp. I am still looking to get the ss race cans for a bit more noise though. I first have to stop dumping the money into my M5.

does the rasp sound good? better? anyone ever tell you your car sounds good?

BMWGuy206
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 10:02:39 PM
If you can wait for another month, more or less, Klangford will be getting both the S-pipe and X-pipe without resonator and maybe even a resonator section for a full review, DIY, and movie/sound clips.

Rated///M
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 10:21:29 PM
If you can wait for another month, more or less, Klangford will be getting both the S-pipe and X-pipe without resonator and maybe even a resonator section for a full review, DIY, and movie/sound clips.

Sweer, can't wait to hear that.

AhsanU
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 11:32:23 PM
A member of these forums named TaZaM3 has an IR M3 with the full SS setup. Headers, cats, x-pipe, and the race exhaust. I think it sounds GREAT!

Here's the thread with the links.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=53563

Enjoy your setup, I'll be getting one soon :beer:

savannah
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 11:33:05 PM

yeah but isn't he running the supersprint race exhaust. i have the sport. much quieter.

InfraRed
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 02:37:37 AM
I have the SS Race Exhaust and just added the X-pipe without resonator. I actually noticed along with my buddy's that the X took some rhasp away while deepening the tone and adding even more power, between the X pipe and exhaust the car has that new and exciting acceleration feel like when I first bought the car.

klangford
Wed, Feb-02-2005, 08:14:27 PM
I have the SS Race Exhaust and just added the X-pipe without resonator. I actually noticed along with my buddy's that the X took some rhasp away while deepening the tone and adding even more power, between the X pipe and exhaust the car has that new and exciting acceleration feel like when I first bought the car.

I can't wait to experience that same feeling!

333hp
Wed, Feb-02-2005, 09:06:48 PM
I can't wait to experience that same feeling!

anyone else running this the midpipes with street exhaust? like feedback please.

AhsanU
Wed, Feb-02-2005, 09:09:16 PM
anyone else running this the midpipes with street exhaust? like feedback please.

The street exhaust would sound loud but not as loud as the race. Imagine the race exhaust but a lower tone.

PINHEAD
Thu, Feb-03-2005, 12:18:26 AM
I did SS S-pipe, X-pipe ( no res) and SS race muffler.
One word....... It's a totally different car.

1. Sounds real deep and beefy
2. Rasp changes to deeper racy tone (People mover over when I speed up on the hills )
3. It's at least 2.5 times louder compared to SS race muffler only set-up.
4. You feel the surge in power on your butt.

If you are on a quite side... this may be too loud
If you don't want any obvious attention ... (especially from the high-schoolers) ... stay at x without res. and race can.
If you care less ... You will be a hack of happy dude.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOM..... :beer:

P.S. All parts purchased and installed at Lucent (Simon) :agree:

PINHEAD
Thu, Feb-03-2005, 12:35:29 AM
Regarding X (no res) and X (with res)..
I like X no res on SS s,x and race set-up.

Once i decide to go for the header and race cat later on, I may opt for X (with res) just to tone down the whole system.

333hp
Thu, Feb-03-2005, 02:53:43 PM
getting off track here. i am asking about the supersprint street system... not the race. anyone with experience with it, please let me know.