Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Dinan Exhaust

bidinot
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 05:20:40 PM
Hello All,

I am looking to purchase the Dinan Exhaust for my 04 M3 Cab. What do all you fine folks in this fourm think about the Dinan exhaust?

DaBean
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 05:29:55 PM
I've heard good things.. how it sounds nicer than a lot
go to www.klangford.com to listen to samples if you haven't already done so.

Beowoulf
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 05:49:42 PM
You do know that only 2 of the 4 pipes are actually functional?

RhaceM3
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 05:55:43 PM
only 2 smoke when its cold

TXwoody123
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 06:18:25 PM
Yeah, the exhaust fumes only coming out on one side would look a little strange. I also don't like the fact that the exhaust is black only. I've heard there is very little difference between the Dinan muffler and the stock one when it comes to sound. For the same amount of money I went with the supersprint race...very pleased!

AhsanU
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 06:33:32 PM
Yeah, the exhaust fumes only coming out on one side would look a little strange. I also don't like the fact that the exhaust is black only. I've heard there is very little difference between the Dinan muffler and the stock one when it comes to sound. For the same amount of money I went with the supersprint race...very pleased!

I couldn't agree with you more.

The Dinan exhaust sounds like the stock, just decreased rasp tone and a bit louder drone.

I'm going for the full SuperSprint exhaust, in my opinion the best one out there.

VegasImola
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 06:39:36 PM
I couldn't agree with you more.

The Dinan exhaust sounds like the stock, just decreased rasp tone and a bit louder drone.

I'm going for the full SuperSprint exhaust, in my opinion the best one out there.

My Dinan exhaust sounds significantly different, and better, than the stock exhaust. It looks good and sounds great! I guess the smoke issue would only be relevant for those of you in arctic regions.

AhsanU
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 06:41:45 PM
My Dinan exhaust sounds significantly different, and better, than the stock exhaust. It looks good and sounds great! I guess the smoke issue would only be relevant for those of you in arctic regions.

From the sound clip that was provided in http://www.klangford.com it doesn't sound that different.

Just sounds more deeper to me.

Rob's Archive
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:39:14 PM
ill tell you straight up..it is certainly different. When i rode and drove in Ced's car with it and eisenmann I+II..it was wayyyy different than stock. My issues with it are not so much the smoke comming out one side vs the other (i thought that at first) but more that if you are far enough behind you can actually see that the left side tips are fake....its just looks weird. If the exhaust setup is warmed up enough, you shouldnt see smoke anyway unless under really hard acceleration.

its expensive, and if you can find a used one...go for it. If not, dont let the Dinan hype machine lead you to the "its got a warranty" cry.

torresmd
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 09:12:58 PM
I love my supersprint race exhaust. I think it changes the rasp to a more angry sounding rasp. Thats the only way I can describe it. I think is improves the sound of the rasp and I actually like it. Sounds very racey!