Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : M3 Warranty on Springs

vicious_csl
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 09:45:34 PM
I'm planning to get my M3 lowered with eibach springs but I talked to the dealer and they said it will void the warranty(I don't know if he meant the car as a whole or just the springs part). But on another note I talked to this guy who does custom installations on M3's and he said that that he's had other people get to an agreement with the dealer so they can "out-source" the installation and still keep the warranty...don't know exactly what he meant by that. if any knows how I can have the eibachs installed and keep the warranty let me know.

bren
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 10:04:40 PM
In order to void the warranty the shop has to prove that the springs caused the damage.

ArtM3
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 10:29:13 PM
from Eibachs website FAQ:

5 What shocks or struts should I use with an Eibach Pro-Kit?
Eibach Pro-Kits are designed to work with original equipment shocks and struts provided they are in good working condition.

13 Does the Eibach Pro-Kit work with the OEM shock?
All Eibach Pro-Kits are engineered to perform in harmony with the original damper of the special vehicle - taken for granted they are in a good working condition. All TÜV approvals in Germany certify the combination of the Pro-Kit with an OEM shock.

14 What happens to the warranty of the OEM shock when combined with Eibach Pro-Kit?
There is no change of the warranty. Actually, the weight of the car and the required basic dynamic work remain the same. Though with special progressive characteristic of the Pro-Kit, the damper is challenged more and usually makes it wear out faster.

FlyinM3
Wed, Feb-02-2005, 12:08:59 AM
what's the best place to get eibach pro kits in the SF bay area?
what prices are considered good deals?

vicious_csl
Fri, Feb-11-2005, 06:05:16 AM
just got my OEM CSL rims on 265/30/19R and 235/35/19F Pirelli P Zeros. My next project is to get it lowered with the eibach pro kit. with my new wheel and tire setup will lowering the car present any problems(like fender damages), if lets say u took it to the track for a good run. i haven't raced on a track as of yet but should the need arise would i be playing it safe with the lowered eibach setup?