Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : what will BMW service charge me to swap my black trim to titan shadow?

bender73
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 08:12:37 PM
i am buying titan shadow from someone and i am not the most handy person with tools!!! :D

any idea what service will charge for labor time?

bender73
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 08:20:34 PM
one dealer i called just quoted me 5-6 hours!!! ...bullsh!t

MattMan
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 08:25:37 PM
This DIY lists 1.5hrs
http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=25

mickstobes
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 08:26:46 PM
I don't really think it would be difficult at all. In fact, there is a DIY on some one of the many BMW boards.

BMW will rape you if they perform the work.

Mash3
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 08:42:41 PM
one dealer i called just quoted me 5-6 hours!!! ...bullsh!t

Sounds right for a stealer.

Pacific BMW (Glendale, CA) charged me for 5 hours to fix a door handle! Utter B.S. And the technician scratched the crap out of my door trim while doing it.

Just do it yourself or get a talented friend to do it for you.

lthsa
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 08:49:18 PM
i am buying titan shadow from someone and i am not the most handy person with tools!!! :D

any idea what service will charge for labor time?

hi, chris.
i'm teddy. :wave:
i think you better do it by yourself if you have your own space that you could work.
if you want to let the dealer do that swaping trims they might charge you at least $200 easy.
i just finished mine done couple of days ago and whole process took me about 2.5 hours.
the most hardest part was rear armrests but the rest of them were pretty easy to do.
if you have a free time to do that by yourself that would be really worth it.
also just check out the link that MGOBLUE gave you then you can figure out how you should do.
if still you're not comfortable with that DIY after see the link you should go to the dealer then let them do it.
BTW, i just followed that instruction step by step and fininished it without any problems. :dance:
hope this helps you.
best,

teddy.

Rev8k
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 09:15:24 PM
I'll do it for you. My rate is $50/hr at 1.5 hrs.

VegasImola
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 09:33:37 PM
If any one else is intersted in buying the titan shadow trim, let me know. I took mine out and put in the aluminum.

bender73
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 10:52:13 PM
If any one else is intersted in buying the titan shadow trim, let me know. I took mine out and put in the aluminum.

how long did it take you?
are you skilled in general for this kind of DIY? :)

what tools do i need?

thanks!!!

EDIT: found the tools i needed

03m3brad
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 11:17:25 PM
Just a personal opinion, but why would you want to got to Titan trim? I don't know what BMW was thinking when they put that in a highline car like a BMW?

I had an '01 and thought the black trim was pretty decent. When I ordered my '03, I wanted the Aluminum trim, but when I got it I thought it looked cheap. Actually, I got pretty good money for it when I sold it.

I just they could have come up with something better :nixweiss:

My .02

VegasImola
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 12:11:03 AM
how long did it take you?
are you skilled in general for this kind of DIY? :)

what tools do i need?

thanks!!!

EDIT: found the tools i needed

I wish I could help you there, but I know some people who work at the dealership and they put it in for me. I never asked them how long it took to install.