Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Stitching on driver's side leather seat are becoming loose

Rev8k
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 11:57:02 PM
The stitches on my driver's side leather seat are becoming loose so I took it to the dealer for them to look at it. It is the bolster directly below my left shoulder and there are 4 stitches loose. The manager said he has to order a new cover for the top and then send it out to an upholsterer for repair. They will remove the seat and then replace the cover only. I asked for a new seat but he said it was unnecessary. Does this sound right?

Will Pwr
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 12:38:37 AM
The stitches on my driver's side leather seat are becoming loose so I took it to the dealer for them to look at it. It is the bolster directly below my left shoulder and there are 4 stitches loose. The manager said he has to order a new cover for the top and then send it out to an upholsterer for repair. They will remove the seat and then replace the cover only. I asked for a new seat but he said it was unnecessary. Does this sound right?

From my experience, this is general practive. Replacing the whole seat is highly unlikely, unless there is a problem specifically with the seat or its internal mechanisms.

SpecialK
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 12:59:54 AM
Sounds right. The seat isn't the problem, it's the covering so that's the minimum required fix. I'm sure it will look fine.

S18adeli
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 05:47:54 AM
what year is your car, my bolsters are pretty worn down. will the dealer change it?
:nixweiss:

BMW F1
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 07:10:40 AM
Yup sounds right, but will be interesting to see who fits the bill. I dislike the leather and stiches they have used on the E46 because the leather just seems to wear so quickly on those side bolsters.
Keep us up to date
All the best
Adam.