Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Anyone ever install seat heaters on a m3 w/o it?

TZL
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 07:43:38 PM
Anyone ever install seat heaters on a m3 w/o it?

is it even possible? or too complicated to make it worthwhile?

derryck
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 07:54:17 PM
I've seen a few threads on this and I believe the general consensus is that it is entirely possible but cost prohibitive.

S18adeli
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 04:50:54 AM
It was installed on my car before i bought it. I have aftermarket seat heaters. Works great, just like stock, buy mine is 2 stage.

04M3Vert
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 09:13:01 PM
I've been looking at doing the same thing. The only reason why I haven't really pursued it, is I live in FL and I'm supposed to be transferred to Cuba for about 1 year (cars going in storage)..........But here's what my research found:

First, I contacted a local custom car upholstery shop that felt they could remove the existing cover and install a heating element that I provided for about $300.00.

I found this website / supplier of heating elements http://www.heaterseats.com/overview.html that claims to be the OEM supplier for the 5 and 7 series. Although I've been able to find the part numbers for the OEM switch's, I have not been able to find an OEM number for the BMW heating element for the M3. Based on what I could come up with, I was looking at about $600-$700 to do the conversion.

Hope it at least helps.