Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : lookin for my first M3 help please

hondastunter
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 01:35:57 PM
looking for a M im 20 years old and i went to the dealerships they said they dont let anyone i think they are full of it. just cause im young. i didnt know what i want the 330ci or the m3 but last week i finally drove the m3 and fell in love.I want the 6spd im not going to get a brand new one. I want to order one but everyone wont go down on the price what is a good price for it? I want primuim package, 6spd, with 19, and xenons. also need help what color to get i cant decide what looks better i want it to look glossy. eithier white, silver, or silver gray, with gray leather interior. dont want blk pain in the butt to keep clean.....

also i cant find a preowned m3 with less then 25k miles the color i want in california. what is going on i want one asap. i love the car. so much and already made an appt for custom stereo 8 in dvd navi in front built in to look like stock and headrest and a nice stero system. also already order my short throw shifter. o also one more question what kind of suspension is best for daly driver with better and lower sit with less body :nixweiss: :nixweiss: roll.

ugaroadster
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 01:43:18 PM
[QUOTE=hondastunter]looking for a M im 20 years old and i went to the dealerships they said they dont let anyone i think they are full of it.QUOTE]

excuse me?

ugaroadster
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 01:43:58 PM
[QUOTE=hondastunter]looking for a M im 20 years old and i went to the dealerships they said they dont let anyone i think they are full of it.QUOTE]

excuse me?

Rev8k
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 01:45:13 PM
You may be looking for your first M, but I'm looking for your first cohesive sentence...

hondastunter
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:12:42 PM
i dont care how i type. i short hand it. i make the money so whats the big deal how I write. ill race u what I have for you M right now bet anything Ill win. so far not impress by this forum everyone seems very rudeto new comers. whats up with this.

Rev8k
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:16:06 PM
ill race u what I have for you M right now bet anything Ill win.

You have a 10 second Civic, right?

hondastunter
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:27:50 PM
its called a street bike look at my name honda stunter come on. doesnt take a doctor to find that out. all i want is my car no DiKK heads man. no need to be rude when you dont even know me. right? thats what i thought. be the adult that you need to be.i just bought my house and now want my M to keep me out of trouble cuz the bike gets me into a lot of it. so some help white silver gray? or silver? and what do you think is a good deal for a brand new one?

neuralracing
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:28:10 PM
If your appearance is as good as you talk... no wonder the dealer doesn't want you close to any of their cars.

patty
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:29:09 PM
i dont care how i type. i short hand it. i make the money so whats the big deal how I write. ill race u what I have for you M right now bet anything Ill win. so far not impress by this forum everyone seems very rudeto new comers. whats up with this.

Thems are fighting words. I believe you are taking DaBean's request for a coherent sentence as an insult rather than an interest in clarifying your original post (which would help us all out immensely).

And you are right, unless you have the power to sign for the M3 that day, a dealership won't (and shouldn't) let you test drive it at 20 years old. I know this because I was in your shoes 6 months ago.

Rev8k
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:32:15 PM
so some help white silver gray? or silver? and what do you think is a good deal for a brand new one?
Silver Grey and $2,500 off MSRP.

acitydweller
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:42:02 PM
defensive people learn the hard way in life.

fmk
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:49:31 PM
:rofl2:

hondastunter
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:51:08 PM
thanks rev8k. I want to get my car asap.I just did not know what was a great price and it is so hard to decide the color. I just dont understand why the dealer wouldnt let me test drive it I just bought a 300k house and my car is going to be like 55k. I just dont understand obviously I have the money. It just made me upset. I didnt change how I dress eithier why should I impress them if I can pay for it. I get mad when people assume things about me whent hey dont even know me. I worked my butt of to get what I have. There isn't a lot of 20 year old kids in my generation doing anything with there life. But thanks for your help Rev8k. Also what kind of suspension should I get coil overs???

fmk
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:57:38 PM
you from the east bay?

Rev8k
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:57:58 PM
thanks rev8k. I just dont understand why the dealer wouldnt let me test drive it
I am in my thirties, drove up in a 330i, and they wouldn't let me test drive a new M3 either. I had to go to a dealer that had a used one in order to test drive it.

Need4Spd
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 03:56:15 PM
Most dealers don't let anyone drive a new M3 because most buyers don't want to take a car that's been test-driven as they know they are not yet broken-in and will have been abused during the test drive. And the dealers know they can sell an M3 without any test drive because most buyers either will have driven a friend's car or a used one and know what they want. So, you should not take the "no test drive" response by itself as an insult (but if they said/did anything else that would be insulting, well, they get what they deserve; you're the customer so you don't have to buy from them).

Go find a used car either being sold by a private seller or by a used car dealer. They will usually let you take a test drive. Then buy the car you want. I vote for Titanium Silver if you want a car that most often looks clean.

It's usually tough to get discounts on M3s in California because the demand for them is slightly higher here that in most other parts of the country. If you're willing to go somewhere else and either ship or drive it back, that will give you more leverage. Try a place like Dallas.

zp91hbk
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 03:59:58 PM
This kid is hilarious...
People correct him and he follows it up with "I will race you" LOL

Budman
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 04:23:02 PM
This kid is hilarious...

:rofl2:

zaskar4
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 04:27:07 PM
Silver Grey and $2,500 off MSRP.

If you don't mind me asking.. which dealer is that?? Just ordered a 2005 M3 with ZCP,..and SMG. Now deciding whether or not I really need/want a moonroof. I got $1500 off MSRP.

Thanks.

A3r0pusH
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 04:49:48 PM

we can't understand ya mang thats the problem so far......don't start trash talking us when all we're asking is for you to tell us whats going on....from that first sentence we go that the dealer isn't selling anymore M's to people or atleast thats what i read........what year are you looking for and a little more detail will help us out with the help you need.......

Rev8k
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 04:54:54 PM
My dealer has a leftover 2004 Carbon Black/Black SMG with 19's for $6k off MSRP.

A3r0pusH
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 04:55:15 PM
and i've always kinda liked alpine white........i've never liked cars in white but for some reason the M in white (along with the ITR with a CF hood) has just always looked good to me......

Ryan
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 09:41:51 PM
So your 20 and just bought a house for 300K. My question is why are you looking for a used M3 if you have so much money? I think you came on this forum to get attention.

s4play
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 09:45:54 PM
errr, this is a rather mature board and people like me are more than glad to help but you need to adjust your attitude a bit man....this is NOT a honda board full of young guys but a lot of us here are quite young or at least all enjoy the M3.

In general most people here can afford any car or bike so don't "assume" anything ok.

Just chill and ask nicely :)

btw, I ride too and in Cali as well - where u located?

rk

hondastunter
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 12:25:23 PM
I live in livermore I cant ride street right now if i get caught i get in trouble. I just stunt in the industrial areas with a bunch of my friends now because I got arrested for doing a wheeling on the freeway and evading with no motorcycle license or permitt. I want a M to take care of and have a good time with it. I want a 2002 and up. Also sorry about the other day I had a long day at work and just sick of being on probation. LOL dont think bad of me just mad a mistake young and dumb. I work gravyards as well so I'm tired thats why I dont mind how bad its type i try my best butim tired. well help me out please. Also if i bought an out of state car i heard its a pain to get it registered in california is that true. Like it cost couple grand or more is that true?

neuralracing
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 01:04:06 PM
This kid is hilarious...

That cracked me up... I feel sorry for his neighbors... paying in excess of 300K for a house and having this kid as a neighbor... :bs:

neuralracing
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 01:06:24 PM
My dealer has a leftover 2004 Carbon Black/Black SMG with 19's for $6k off MSRP.

Carbon black is a pain in the BUTT to maintain... I wash my car and a few days later it looks like it hasn't been washed in weeks... its been raining allot.

hondastunter
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 01:12:34 PM
Yea i had a blk truck and it looks great for the first drive thats about it which sucks and plus I dont want a smg

fmk
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 03:22:06 PM
just drink some forties and stunt the 50 from now on :drink:

srqdon
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 03:33:49 PM
" I know you are,but what am I"......"thats my name dont wear it out"....."if you dont think so ill race you for your car".... this kids too easy. Oh btw....300k will get you a nice condo in compton in california.

zp91hbk
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 04:19:18 PM
This kid is great....I got arrested for doing stunts on the freeway with no permit...

Wow...that is cool as hell. True bad ass... Were you racing someone when this happened that tried helping you out?

danielacox
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 04:24:08 PM
Please ignore all the ignorance. I was in the same boat. I went to the dealership and started looking at a m3. I am 31 and this lady would not let me test drive. I had my wife with me and my wife wanted to kick her a$$. She could see I was getting very pissed off. The stupid b!tch keep telling me I should look at a x3 and I could test drive one. I left and called a friend who bought at the dealership. I had already done all my research and walked in the next day and purchased a CPO 2004 at a fairly nice price from a referral of a friend to a sales guy. I thought it was good deal. I then saw the lady on the way out to pick up my spare set of keys and she goes did you buy the imola m3 and I said yes. She just looked like someone had b!tch slapped here. Little did she know I knew the head sales guy and did not realize it. He was a good friend of mine at the gym and was very upfront with me. I told him that b!tch needs to get gone. Just because I had a white tee shirt and some old pants does not make me not able to afford a m3. I believe she is now fired or no longer working in the bmw area. Stupid b!tch. If they will not let you drive then ask for the manager and explain your situation. Do not be a a$$. Be very professional and carry yourself like you are somebody. Do not talk ebonics or be a poser. Just be professional. If you got the coin then let them know your situation. Give them some confidence. You can do it with out being a **** head.

M3 advice and things you need in no particular order
1. There are only three colors to own in a sports car red, white, and black
2. smg or manual, Does not matter, The smg is really nice and that is what I own
3. No navigation, just something else to break, you can buy maps much cheaper
4. No sunroof, takes up head room, I bought CPO so not much choice unfortunately
5. I believe the stock 18 looks better than 19. You are more than likely
stuck on the fact that it is 19. Just make yourself think 18 stock is just like the 19.
If you want 19s then buy rs110. Those rims are awesome. Put winter tires on the
18s and enjoy. <http://www.racmonolites.com/>. These are awesome rims
6. Manual seats with leather because who else will drive your car. I hardly every adjust my seat and they are lighter so the car will be faster
7. Cinnamon interior on black or alpine white is very nice. Black interior with the imola red is nice too
8. Waynes towels, and zaino
9. CPO warranty to 100,000 miles
10. Sirius is a must
11. Autox and driving school
12. Valentine 1
13. Good insurance
14. Always use 93 or 91 octane, I recommend Chevron with Techron
15. rhino ramps, 7 liters castrol tws 10w60 and filter for the 6000-7000 oil change, and a nice set of metric tools
16. nice jack for swaping out winter and summer tires and maybe some jack stands to do some of your own work
17. portal random orbital buffer and einzett products with the right pads
18. Nice tire gauge that is very acurate so you can be very anal about tire pressure
19. heated seats, I love them
20. Techron for cleaning fuel system every 6000-7000 miles
21. Do not purchase the harmon kardon. It sucks just like the stock system. That seems to be the majority of the opinions.
I have stock but I do not listen to the radio vary loud because I like to here the motor rev. I always turn the radio off
during spirited driving and roll down the window. Go aftermarket and DIY. Many a ripped the harmon kardon out and went aftermarket.
Trust the opinions and the majority think it sucks.
22. I hate convertibles
23. Laser jammer if you have laser in your area
24. I just do not understand those headlight washers.
25. BMW assistance could be nice in a tight spot
26. I am tired of thinking but that should get the high points for your m3 and give you the best options for your money

NsSeX
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 04:52:08 PM
My salesman let me drive the M before I even said I was going to buy it. I was scrubbed out I guess you could say. It did help to pull up in a NSX though....

Rev8k
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 05:13:54 PM
1. There are only three colors to own in a sports car red, white, and black

You're still living in the 80's I see.

Too bad the M is not a true sports car...

LudjakR1
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 05:42:47 PM
i am 20 .. turning 21 this sunday.. heheh... ive been looking for an M for a long time i want 2003.. i had a deal fall thru today guy was supposed to delvier it .. i had the check cut otu to him.. but changed his mind.. i can tell u this.. just take ur time on the M man... they are great car.. actually my fav. i also have a bike 2002 R1.. 7 inch stretch lowerred and much more.. so ur not the only one that has a bike.. of course im stil in college and live with parents heeh helps out alot.. but we';re from europe and more family oriented i guess u can say.. but good luck and post some pics when u get it

Juice

danielacox
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 06:14:51 PM
George Bush were president. If you do not think the m3 is a sports car then what do you call it?

I pefer these colors in this order on the M3
1. Imola Red
2. Carbon Black Metallic
3. Alphine White
4. Jet Black

I know all of you like to b!tch about how hard it is to keep black clean but I feel that black looks awesome when taken car of properly. Who cares if you have to wash it more and it appears dirty quicker. When you buy a black car and give her a nice wash she will smile at you like no other and all of you know that is the truth.

Rev8k
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 06:19:10 PM
If you do not think the m3 is a sports car then what do you call it?

This has been debated countless times here. It is a GT or sports sedan but not a sports car. Too much of a compromise to be considered a sports car: a jack of all trades and master of none sort of thing.

"The point of a sports car is not to go from point A to point B. It IS the point."

danielacox
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 06:24:08 PM
I guess my definition of "sports car" is much more broad than yours and many on this forum. I will concede though and start calling it a gt or sports sedan. I do like gt and sports sedan better. I stand corrected.

Rev8k
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 06:32:02 PM
I guess my definition of "sports car" is much more broad than yours and many on this forum. I will concede though and start calling it a gt or sports sedan. I do like gt and sports sedan better. I stand corrected.
The M3 has backseats, too much body roll, not enough straight line speed and too much interior space to be considered a sports car IMHO. I don't even consider a 350Z or RX-8 to be sports cars. A Corvette, 911, or Lotus Elise is a true sports car. :thumbsup:

johnnyblaze
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 07:18:10 PM
An S2000 is a true sports car too. Can't forget the S2000. Ah... I remember those days ~sigh~

cnotemd
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 08:30:50 PM
When I went to test drive an M3 they let me drive a CPO car. It was a 2004 with about 6000 miles on the odometer. They hardly have any new M3's in stock, and if I were buying one I wouldn't want to know someone test drove it before it was broken in.

Funny thing is that I was more interested in driving a 330i with performance package but the one in stock had just been sold before I showed up. Needless to say, after the drivein the M3 my mind was made up. I plan to put in an order for the M3 within the month.

One of the more unexpected test drives I recall was when the Boxster S first came out, I stopped by a dealer to take a look at one. The salesman talked for a few minutes, got the keys, and let me take it out by myself. He just dropped the keys in my hand and said "have fun". It must have been a car that the deal fell through. This car was optioned to almost $70K.

Jetblackchew
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 09:54:44 PM
One of the more unexpected test drives I recall was when the Boxster S first came out, I stopped by a dealer to take a look at one. The salesman talked for a few minutes, got the keys, and let me take it out by myself. He just dropped the keys in my hand and said "have fun". It must have been a car that the deal fell through. This car was optioned to almost $70K.

Same thing happened with me when I went to test drive the boxster when it first came out. Gave the keys to me and my friend. Some dealership in LI, NY.

hondastunter
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 04:54:33 AM
If i buy an out of state car is it hard to register it and tranfer everything to california? I heard it cost a lot. Yeah I ride 50's too. and for the person who said you cant buy a house only in compton try modesto brand new they are saling cheap they are not even built yet go to del vale homes they are making some in stockton as well. My house wont be done till june but im going to rent it out. since my parents will let me live here still. thanks for the help. let me know about the out of state car deal please.

mickstobes
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 05:21:40 AM
BMW dealership to your right. English 101 class to your left. I would choose the left first.

Good luck!

hondastunter
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 05:32:20 AM
mickstobes i consider you stop worrying about peoples grammer, and start to get a life. I said it doesnt bother me how i type. its not like i go over what i type. this is not a report now is it. ok. just want to know if it is hard to tranfer an out of state car to california not that hard of a question

srqdon
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 12:08:19 PM
Stunter.....please tell me you are from another country. Please dont tell me you were raised in the U.S. and went through our school system.

hondastunter
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 06:51:09 PM
o but i did but im half mexican and portugese i just have brain damage and heart problems born with heart problems but my head and **** is messed up when i use to ride go-peds professionaly i landed right on it on a back flip over rotated. If you want to check out some videos im in go to www.goped.com and buy the movement, progressive, american pedding, and american ped

BASC2355
Mon, Jan-31-2005, 06:30:58 AM
search google.com. I'm sure you find something. Couple years ago when I wanted to import a supra from Florida I believed there were going to charge me so much that it is almost the same price as the car here in San Jose, CA. Remember the law there and here are different regarding DMV. So why the hassle. True you'll find a better deal but in the end it'll be almost the same price. Good luck finding your car man.

Euphoria///M
Mon, Jan-31-2005, 07:05:56 AM
o but i did but im half mexican and portugese i just have brain damage and heart problems born with heart problems but my head and **** is messed up when i use to ride go-peds professionaly i landed right on it on a back flip over rotated. If you want to check out some videos im in go to www.goped.com and buy the movement, progressive, american pedding, and american ped

:rulaiz:

Good luck finding the car. Try ebay or local car listings. CPO cars are always good too. :thumbsup:

DJ9
Mon, Jan-31-2005, 08:38:53 AM
If i buy an out of state car is it hard to register it and tranfer everything to california? I heard it cost a lot. Yeah I ride 50's too. and for the person who said you cant buy a house only in compton try modesto brand new they are saling cheap they are not even built yet go to del vale homes they are making some in stockton as well. My house wont be done till june but im going to rent it out. since my parents will let me live here still. thanks for the help. let me know about the out of state car deal please.

300K for a house.. congrats truley. Tree forts are going for $250K over here(not talking down on you). Really, it's good to see prices are still low elsewhere.

It sounds like you have a ton of questions and impatiently want immediate answers.... Best bet, do a few searches on this site and you'll find at least half of your answers. When I was thinking about purchasing my M3, I phoned up 3 local dealerships. One dealership said no, another would only allow test drives on their used M3; and the last dealership gladly let me test drive 2 new SMGs and one new Manual Transmission. Point being, it's the luck of the draw... So, make phone calls first to your local dealers.

IMHO: Build equity in your property first and then buy a new M3. :peace: