Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : How to Delete Turn Signals????

SavageM3
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 10:19:20 AM
I searched everywhere for this question. I hate having the corner ambers light up, it kills the whole look of the halos. I was wondering is there a way to get rid of the turn signal where it would not turn on if i have the parking lights on or the lights on? But if i need to signal the corners will still signal? I have asked around at differnet shops and they don't know how to do it. I was wondering if anyone knows or is it to difficult? Let me know thanks

SpecialK
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 01:29:37 PM
Probably illegal to disable them, but you could pop a couple silver vision bulbs in there and get rid of the "egg yoke" appearance.I searched everywhere for this question. I hate having the corner ambers light up, it kills the whole look of the halos. I was wondering is there a way to get rid of the turn signal where it would not turn on if i have the parking lights on or the lights on? But if i need to signal the corners will still signal? I have asked around at differnet shops and they don't know how to do it. I was wondering if anyone knows or is it to difficult? Let me know thanks

DaBean
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 01:52:27 PM
I know what you're talking about. There was a thread about this earlier this month, but I have no clue where it went. Do a search, you might find something useful. But it IS possible, although it seems fairly complicated as you have to hot-wire some things in the ECU, cut wires here and there... in other words, it's a lot more work than you want.
The best way to get around the problem is to wire your DDEs directly into the ECU (wire your angel eyes... / DDEs) such that when the car is on, they are on... that way, you can have that "clean look" during the day, and not have to mess with those amber bulbs.. just a thought...

V9
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:03:55 PM
I hate that too. And its even worse on my 04 X5 which has factory halos but the bright amber corners that ruin the whole effect. Its just plain wrong.

Mike00
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 04:54:02 PM
Whatever you do - make sure it is easily undone...you will not pass inspection with a full delete.

PSC23M3
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 05:52:16 PM
OR u can get white bulbs--they nearly match.....

toryvad
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 05:56:01 PM
someone did it on e46fanatics.. i think their post was pretty detailed. they wired the parking lights to the blinkers on the side of the car

PSC23M3
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 05:58:51 PM
depending which halos u have of course this could be much easier than re-wiring everything....they light up dull but flash bright white---if u had the OEM color halos it would be an exact match--if u have the dde lightenings then maybe not as well---

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/8781front.jpg

PSC23M3
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 06:03:21 PM
blurry night time shot but u get the idea----

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/504/8781p8120140.jpg