Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : argh...my tire again...is this f'd up or what???

FlyinM3
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 07:59:21 AM
ok guys, sorry haven't been on the forums in a couple months given all the business travel and holidays....
let me vent again....i hadn't checked the tirepressures in a while and decided to do it tonight...it was weird how my rear right tire only had about 25psi, but anyway went to go fill up some air in all the tires to meet 35psi-front/38psi-rear....
drove back home thinking the right rear just lost more air over time thinkng no biggie...well i inspected the tire again and what do i find??? a friggin staple/nail or something in the rubber...
argh!!! this is driving me nuts...it's the 3rd time again in 6months...now all i have to wait is for the front passenger side to go....

well, the good thing is i have roadside hazard i bought for all fours about 4 months ago...i questioned dishing out all the $$ back then but i guess now it was all worth it...

question is i notcied this staple/nail in the tread very close to the outer edges...will justtires patch this or give me a new tire??? i'm thinking trying to patch this close to the edge may not be a good idea...what do you guys think??
is it just me or do many of you have this much bad luck with the 19s???
i hope i get a new one,,,fyi i have oem 19s with michelins...

AhsanU
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 08:12:18 AM
Wow, 3rd time in 6 months? Must be annoying :(

I live in NYC so I drive extra careful, especially around the seriously bad roads. I haven't had many problems with my 19's. Although I have beaten them up pretty bad. My tires are good with the exception of one. It has a bit of rubber sticking out for some odd reason. I'm not too sure of how reliable, or good a "patch" would be. But I'd just get a new, stronger tire if possible.

Oh yeah, and try not driving where you think the nails are :peace:

FlyinM3
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 12:44:56 AM
well guys. just got back with a new tire...
good thing is it cost me nothing since i bought roadside hazard protection last time so whewww....
payed another $20 to reinsure the new tire....well worth it in my opinion...
they didn;t even patch it just replace no questions asked...
i would highly recommend purchasing this option to everyone...

this covers the lifetime of the tread of the tire...
question i have is, when the tires become close to needing replacement due to natural wear, can i just punch a nail in the tires and get new ones for free?
hahahaha....

ninook
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 01:39:09 AM
well guys. just got back with a new tire...
good thing is it cost me nothing since i bought roadside hazard protection last time so whewww....
payed another $20 to reinsure the new tire....well worth it in my opinion...
they didn;t even patch it just replace no questions asked...
i would highly recommend purchasing this option to everyone...

this covers the lifetime of the tread of the tire...
question i have is, when the tires become close to needing replacement due to natural wear, can i just punch a nail in the tires and get new ones for free?
hahahaha....

I would say no. The dealers are probably ahead of you on this and will prorate the treadlife remaining. This will be deducted from the cost of a new tire.

FlyinM3
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 02:17:56 AM
But this is with a tire retailer, Just Tires...
There was no prorating done today when I got the new one...