Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Results of airbag sticker screwing up trim (warranty issue?)

Duck360198
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 03:11:37 AM
So, some of you may have remembered that I pulled the sticker off of my trim above the glove compartment and it took off the top layer of the titanium shadow trim. I probably should have had BMW do it in the first place, but what was done was done and it looked hideous!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/Duck360198/BMW%20M3/DSCN0125.jpg

I took my car in this week for the rod bearing recall, SMG recall, and 1200 mile service. So there was a lot to be done. My service advisor was really iffy on the whole situation with the trim. He wasn't sure about how BMW would handle that but it definitely sounded like I would have to pay for it out of pocket.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got my car that everything was taken care of including the trim. ALL covered by warranty. So, if you have an airbag sticker on your trim you can try and take it off yourself but I would just suggest telling BMW to take it off when you take the M in for service.

That's it. Also, a big :thumbsup: to the BMW service in Las Vegas. For my first time I was very happy.

BMW F1
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 05:02:26 AM
Hey there, I was wondering where you had gotten too. I was only thinking about your previous post a few days ago. When ever I see that yellow sticker I always think of your post. That is fantastic news that everything was sorted during the service, good to hear that you had a positive result.

Thanks again for posting the update, great stuff and all the best.
Adam.