Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Anyone has trouble getting into 2nd gear at high RPM?

lilgrasshopper
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 10:15:24 PM
I mean, it's so hard to get it there with dsc off and sport mode. With dsc on and sport mode...I think I can't even get it into second....Does it have anything to do with my ssk?

Fat Albert
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 10:16:46 PM
it used to happen when my car was still pretty new, but not anymore.

psur1
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 10:34:10 PM
The only time I had this problem was when I was racing some punk with a 325is. After finally going into 3rd after 3 unsuccessful tries into 2nd, he was a car ahead of me and my RPMs were too low to pull hard. I was pissed I looked like I couldn't drive, but haven't had the problem since. :fuming:

fmk
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 10:57:57 PM
i have the same problem. only intermitently though. like the other day i was making a uturn on some two lane road so i roasted a 180 and couldnt get it to shift into second to complete my super fresh manuever. hapened a couple times smashing too. i dont know. someone responded to one guy on here that had the same problem into third by saying that it might be the synchros goin bad, maybe i need to change the tranny fluid? but yeah dude, im on the same page as you. everyonce in a while it will totally block the gate on me. other times its smooth as butter. thought it was my ssk too at first.. :nixweiss: and im dreading saying something to my dealer cus of the ssk. (read: my stealer is not cool with mods)