Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Stebro didn't work out...what exhaust now?

Motoracer
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 09:37:36 PM
I ordered a Stebro exhaust, but was unable to get it. So...I am looking into other exhausts. I want one equally as loud as stebro, or louder...but it also has to have a nice look....80mm tips or larger. Anyone know of any? i've been on klangford.com many times...looking for personal opinions.

All help is great.

Thanks.

Kyle

microboby
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 09:53:31 PM
dixis or moteck: cant go wrong with any of those and yes they are as loud as you want. Also weight savings are great

seedster2
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 10:40:00 PM
I ordered a Stebro exhaust, but was unable to get it. So...I am looking into other exhausts. I want one equally as loud as stebro, or louder...but it also has to have a nice look....80mm tips or larger. Anyone know of any? i've been on klangford.com many times...looking for personal opinions.

All help is great.

Thanks.

Kyle

you should pm thai, he may have one still for sale from his m3 part out. also he is the stebro vendor

99e36m3
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 11:02:32 PM
i would say Dixis or Supersprint race. two of my friends have the GruppeM / Moteck titanium, and i don't like it at all. sounds like a **** rocket in low rpm. it's killer in high rpm but in everyday driving, its tone does not suit m3.

Rob's Archive
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 11:03:24 PM
why would you be able to get an exhaust for the specific manufacturer? That makes little sense.

If you like the sound of the stebro, the SS race is probably the closest sound without spending $3000+ on a titanium exhaust

RYANM330CI
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 11:12:03 PM
You cant go wrong with SuperSprint or Eisenmann :dance:
Also I have heard about many Stebro customers not being able to get the products that they have paid for :banghead:

TXwoody123
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 11:12:39 PM
Can't go wrong with ss race. Supersprint makes great stuff. I just installed my ss race last friday (using the instructions on klangford.com it took around 2 hours). I am totally pleased with the sound. Deep burble at low rpm and it screams when u get on the gas. The tips look great too. I would order it again in a heartbeat.

MattMan
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 11:29:44 PM
Supersprint RACE is loud but high strung.

Look at AA's exhaust, Billy Boat (very loud), UUC (not as loud but nice tips), and Eisenmann RACE.

If you want crazy loud, titanium versions from the ones mentioned should do the trick. There are some other ones out there that i've never heard, like Milltek, amuse, etc..

bimmer007
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 12:33:33 AM
You cant go wrong with SuperSprint or Eisenmann :dance:
Also I have heard about many Stebro customers not being able to get the products that they have paid for :banghead:

WTF!?!?!? I'm sure something can be done?? I know this company is in Canada, so I don't know about the BBB, but seriously--someone needs to go pay this A$$hole a visit..

MLINER
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 12:42:12 AM
is the EISENMANN SUS with section 1 and 2 louder then SS RACE?

gixxer_kidd
Fri, Feb-18-2005, 01:13:00 PM
Stebro is not one of the easiest company to work with but in their defense UPS lost this muffler. Being that it was the last one they had in stock there was nothing Stebro or myself could do.

Kyle, I spoke to Stebro yesterday and they are going to have one ready in about 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Rob's Archive
Fri, Feb-18-2005, 01:51:52 PM
how the hell do you loose a muffler? Its not like its a tiny, or really light weight thing..

Motoracer
Fri, Feb-18-2005, 03:38:45 PM
wow...great Thai...that sounds great..my car is in hibernation for the winter, so im not SUPER antsy... so let me know when it comes in, and we'll meet up. thanks.

Kyle

gixxer_kidd
Sat, Feb-19-2005, 04:25:32 AM
how the hell do you loose a muffler? Its not like its a tiny, or really light weight thing..

I have no idea :banghead: I think it must of been an inside job. I've had too many problems with UPS lately. DHL seems to be working better for us.

Just noticed your sig. Love the M5. Why has it been a year since you had the front on? I saw the new one at the Chicago auto show. That thing is just amazing.