Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : What shoud I do with this???

DarkVader
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:07:24 AM
Well, I bought this a long time ago along with a Hamann Midpipe. I got both for short money and way before I ever discovered this informative forum. I realize I have made some mistakes (most with just bang for your buck mods) when it comes to choice of mods for the money. For example: I paid $1650 for Bilstein PSS9 coil overs then bought UUC sway bars ($450)when I probably could have bought a more complete setup like the Ground Control and saved some bucks in the process. Again though hindsite is always 20/20. When I got the car I was so Freggin exited I just bought stuff before doing any real research.

Well, back the topic at hand. I have installed the Hamann midpipes with euro headers and am very happy with these mods as I have found out that the Hamann midpipe is made by supersprint. However, I am left with this Hamann Airbox that I am not sure about installing because I have discovered thanks to this website that it produces no gains. I am tempted however to just install it and go with a different software other than the Hamann (which I do not have anyways) and just see what happens. I am curious to find out if Hamanns issues with lack of performance were due to bad software. By the way I paid to have this painted.

By the way I think BMW should include this website in the purchase of any E46 M3. Would have saved me alot of time and aggrevation.

Any Suggestions????

Thanks,

Korey

DarkVader
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:08:35 AM
one more pic.

iLLG35
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:10:48 AM
Hmmm, are you sure that has no gains? I read somewhere about the Delage and CSL have alot more airflow and same with Hamaan, want to sell it?? :nixweiss: :thumbsup:

torresmd
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:15:14 AM
That would look great on my Imola cab. So you won't get any HP gains with that? How much did you pay for it if you don't mind my asking.

iLLG35
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:18:20 AM
That would look great on my Imola cab. So you won't get any HP gains with that? How much did you pay for it if you don't mind my asking.

Im not sure the exact price, but i rememebr it being a few thousand which is wayyyy overpriced, i wouldnt even pay 1000 for it so im def, not getting it from him haha! In your sig, are you selling those things or just stating the prices of them!! :nixweiss:

torresmd
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:26:54 AM
Just keeping track of the cost of my mods. For that price I would expect alot of hp gains. It sure looks nice but I need more than looks.

DarkVader
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 02:54:06 PM
Hmmm, are you sure that has no gains? I read somewhere about the Delage and CSL have alot more airflow and same with Hamaan, want to sell it?? :nixweiss: :thumbsup:

I would assume it produces more airflow as it is similar to the CSL and the Delage but all I have heard about it is bad things. I think that the reason it is not effective is becaused of the Hamann software. This is why I am tempted to install it and try the Delage Software or some other software. I paid around $600 for the Airbox and another $325 to have it painted. If you were to buy from an authorized dealer I beleive it goes for around $3000 which is ridiculous.

Looking for suggestions??? Should I install and try Software???

Red330I
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 03:00:52 PM
That looks like the CSL's intake, it probably will provide some gains. I know the GruppeM is questionable, but this looks like it will work. It has the separate intake runners just like the CSL.

Post an update if you install it.

unvmym3
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 03:59:50 PM
the reason why originally didnt make any power and actually showed loss of power is becuase of teh softawer i bleive , as it looks pretty much the same as the csl or delage airbox ,i would deifnatley instal and get new software , i would contact delage in france !

torresmd
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:20:48 PM
Where did you find that airbox for that price. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

Divexxtreme
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:25:31 PM
That looks like a nice piece of equipment. I agree with what's been said, in that I bet you'll get power from that with some good software.

fcboarder1
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:35:35 PM
i always thoght this intake looked cool. but no one bought it. id install it and see how it runs.

iLLG35
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 05:17:12 PM
Wow you really did get that airbox at a STEAL!!! Well if you dont want it i might take it haha, what sofware has to be used with it, CSL or Delage? Can i just use a regular ECU like Eurobahn Superchip, AA or anything with it, or are they 2 different softwares??

Beowoulf
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 07:23:22 PM
I agree with the others that you should give it a try but I would suggest contacting either Joel at BHS or Sean at D/A to see what you would need to make it work properly. That is not a normal CAI so you would probably need some custom software to take advantage of it.

DarkVader
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 07:35:59 PM
Where did you find that airbox for that price. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

I got it off ebay from a guy who said it came off his buddy's car that he totaled. I tryed to see if he had the rest of the stuff that came with it but they could not get it. I bought the midpipe and the Airbox for like 1200 or so.

DarkVader
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 07:48:42 PM
Wow you really did get that airbox at a STEAL!!! Well if you dont want it i might take it haha, what sofware has to be used with it, CSL or Delage? Can i just use a regular ECU like Eurobahn Superchip, AA or anything with it, or are they 2 different softwares??

I was thinking about trying the superchip but since it is a Airbox replacement I think the Delage might be the way to go as the setups are similar. I do not believe I can get a hold of the CSL software and even if I could I believe the CSL is Alpha N or something like that. Delage is the only company I know of that has software for and Airbox repacement.

iLLG35
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 08:03:07 PM
I was thinking about trying the superchip but since it is a Airbox replacement I think the Delage might be the way to go as the setups are similar. I do not believe I can get a hold of the CSL software and even if I could I believe the CSL is Alpha N or something like that. Delage is the only company I know of that has software for and Airbox repacement.

Hey listen, go to http://www.eurobahn.us/pages/7/index.htm and either email Jeff in California or give him a call, he is real cool to deal with and knows the most about it! He might be able to get you a software especially for that box, good luck with it! :thumbsup:

DarkVader
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 08:06:30 PM
I agree with the others that you should give it a try but I would suggest contacting either Joel at BHS or Sean at D/A to see what you would need to make it work properly. That is not a normal CAI so you would probably need some custom software to take advantage of it.

I have spoken to Joel before but do you happen to know Sean's # and what company he is from. I am not familiar with D/A(What does this stand for). I would like to install it and give it a try but definitely want to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

DarkVader
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 08:07:47 PM
Hey listen, go to http://www.eurobahn.us/pages/7/index.htm and either email Jeff in California or give him a call, he is real cool to deal with and knows the most about it! He might be able to get you a software especially for that box, good luck with it! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I will give him a call.

Beowoulf
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 08:33:13 PM
I have spoken to Joel before but do you happen to know Sean's # and what company he is from. I am not familiar with D/A(What does this stand for). I would like to install it and give it a try but definitely want to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
The company is Discovery Automotive and they are a sponsor. User names supercharged and shadowman. Just look in the sponsor forum for contact info.

Sean@D/A
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 09:33:35 PM
Hi Korey

First off congratulations on joining the M3forums as I have said several times this is a great resource with lots of knowledgeable members who are passionate about the ///M.

When walking the road to mod perfection it痴 easy to sometimes stumble. Now that you have found this community I知 sure there will be a clear path ahead.

In your particular situation I would agree that the addition of software would absolutely be beneficial for you. In order to address your concerns I値l ask that you bear with me while I go do a little research and consult with my partner Shadowman whos the real engineer when it comes to software and S54s.

Hang tight I値l be back shortly.

Sean
Discovery-Automotive

DarkVader
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 09:37:14 PM
Hi Korey

First off congratulations on joining the M3forums as I have said several times this is a great resource with lots of knowledgeable members who are passionate about the ///M.

When walking the road to mod perfection it痴 easy to sometimes stumble. Now that you have found this community I知 sure there will be a clear path ahead.

In your particular situation I would agree that the addition of software would absolutely be beneficial for you. In order to address your concerns I値l ask that you bear with me while I go do a little research and consult with my partner Shadowman whos the real engineer when it comes to software and S54s.

Hang tight I値l be back shortly.

Sean
Discovery-Automotive

I appreciate any information you have to offer.

Thanks